The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2022, 01:24 AM   #1
Accelo

Tuned for camshaft LS1

I just had a tune completed on my modified LS1. Stock bottom end with headers, camshaft and an LS6 intake. It is an automatic with 3:73 gears.
The process was lots of fun.
The factory tune was off so far the truck wouldn't idle in gear.
The Tuner fixed some of the idle issues before he could even back the truck onto the dyno. The factory tune was so bad no full power runs were made with it. The end results was worth it. Truck now idles nicely in gear.

Throttle response is improved and drive-ability is so much improved it is difficult to compare the before and after. Bet the motor gained 40hp with the tune.

I used a BTR Stage II truck cam. Online they say you can use this cam without a converter. Save yourself some trouble and just add some stall. It will enhance drive-ability. That's what is all about being a pleasure to drive.
Full throttle shifts are now at 6000 rpm except third gear its at 5400 rpm.

And no mater what is said online if you change the camshaft it will require a tune. Don't pass up this step. You could leave as much as 40hp on the table.
End of the day is was 354HP at 5600 rpm & Torque 363 at 4600 rpm at the rear wheels.

I love the newly tuned motor. The traction control is always off! With any amount of throttle I have to be careful not to do something stupid.
Not that easy with that silly grin on my face. LOL
Cheers

Last edited by Accelo; 05-18-2022 at 09:47 AM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote