The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2021, 06:35 AM   #51
LT7A

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super 20 on the way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
Yes sir Mike.i was very lucky to find it.the nephew of the original owner was left the old homestead in Idaho,where the truck was,in a building for 25 years.i spoke with him on the phone in Santa Ana,Ca.he told me he was going to pull the truck out and send it to the scrap yard.i'm awful glad he didn't and it ended up here.all the best.Greg
Could you imagine if that had happened? Great looking and well equipped truck just as it sits. Glad that you were finally able to get it home.
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:26 AM   #52
Redneck Rydes

How did you get a rollback from NB across to the US side and back again?
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:29 AM   #53
72c20customcamper

Think the truck was in NY or Maine near the boarder. Seam to remember mr.mud looking for a place to store it till the boarder opened up a little
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:21 PM   #54
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Congrats! That truck didn't need to be boiled down for new car metal! I'd like to see pics of that long roof, as well!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:42 PM   #55
Chevys4life

Nice truck you have there Mr. Mudd and you were really lucky to find a rust free one like that. Do you know Bad Chad that lives in Nova Scotia and has a daily show on YouTube? He builds old custom cars and is building a cab over now?
Chevys4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #56
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Could you imagine if that had happened? Great looking and well equipped truck just as it sits. Glad that you were finally able to get it home.
thank you sir.it would have been a shame to see this one go to the boneyard.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:22 PM   #57
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Congrats! That truck didn't need to be boiled down for new car metal! I'd like to see pics of that long roof, as well!
you got that right.i have some pictures of my wagon in a station wagon thread on here on page 15, i think it was and there's pictures of the 39 Chrysler i'm building here as well in the alternate tinkering thread.if you want to see some more,PM me your email address and i'll send more along.thanks.Greg
Old 07-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #58
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevys4life View Post
Nice truck you have there Mr. Mudd and you were really lucky to find a rust free one like that. Do you know Bad Chad that lives in Nova Scotia and has a daily show on YouTube? He builds old custom cars and is building a cab over now?
thanks.i am very fortunate to find this one.best truck i ever had.i know of Bad Chad but don't know him or follow what he builds.not my cup of tea but whatever turns your crank.he lives in the Annapolis Valley,several hours from me.there is a very pretty spot called "the Lookoff" up on top of a mountain that looks over miles and miles of farm country and you drive right by Chad's place on the way up to the Lookoff so i have been by there a 100 times.take care.Greg
Old 07-30-2021, 07:33 PM   #59
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Think the truck was in NY or Maine near the boarder. Seam to remember mr.mud looking for a place to store it till the boarder opened up a little
hi Mark.you're right.the truck was sitting in Utah,waiting for covid to calm down,then the man said it had to go,so i had to scramble and get it moving somewhere.several guys on here offered help with a place to bring it to and i appreciated all the help.in the end,i had it hauled to the Canada/US border at Calais,Maine where it sat for a couple months til i could get it accross the border but still couldn't go get it.i had it hauled right to me here at home.quite an ordeal.all good now though.Greg
Old 07-30-2021, 07:40 PM   #60
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
How did you get a rollback from NB across to the US side and back again?
it wasn't easy.they were letting the truckers across the Canada/US border and the tow truck guys were going across on as they were considered essential.i had a tow guy who lives close to the border who was going to go get it and bring it to his house(another truck guy with several of his own) but then for a spell,they shut down the truckers??that didn't last long and once they relaxed that,he went to Calais,Maine and got my truck and took it home.then i had it hauled across New Brunswick close to the Nova Scotia border to another friend but i couldn't go get it.the border here between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia was locked up but after a week or so,i found an empty tow truck coming this way,he got it in Nova Scotia and brought it right to me.i love when a plan comes together.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:55 PM   #61
Redneck Rydes

Glad you got it home,I still can't get across the border,even though I was born in SC, I run under a Canadian passport,they said I am not American and cant cross the border until August 21, and even then they said it probally still not open cause of this Delta crap, but US citizens are coming here on August 9, go figure!
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:50 PM   #62
mr.mud1

just a little update.i didn't want to start a new thread like i would do if i was building this truck.i may eventually but for now,just trying to get it up and running after it's 25 year hibernation.i have rebuilt the carb or tryed to,never have seen such a mess for a carb that is the wrong number, that still ran,although not well,the hunt is on for a 7042206 quadrajet.it had Texaco spark plugs in it that were the wrong reach.i've never seen Texaco plugs?a 6 inch spike in the shifter linkage.oil soaked tranmission mount that i replaced along with all the bolts holding the trans crossmember in place,that were finger tight?ithe valve cover bolts were all loose,and i found a garden hose washer on the drain plug in the oil pan,no wonder everything underneath is covered in oil??i replaced rear brake shoes,wheel cylinders,brake flex hose,wheel seals,cleaned and re-used the rear wheel bearings,still like new.had the rotors and drums turned,new front wheel seals and brake pads and got caught up in the on going mess with trying to find front brake flex hoses?i ordered a set,just to change them as they were 50 years old,nothing fits,re-ordered another set an inch and a half longer,they weren't and won't fit.i've read on here page after page about the problems with trying to find hoses,unreal?old ones will have to live a while longer?i changed the fuel pump,again just cause it was old along with all the rubber parts of fuel line connecting the steel fuel lines.took off the auxillary gas tanks and a 100 miles of copper gas line heading hell,west and crooked under the truck.what a mess.i have 4 new 10 ply Firestone Transforce 9.50 80R 16.5 tires mounted up on the the original wheels,made in Canada to my surprise.i would have been happy with made in USA too,just didn't want anything built on the other side of the world.i had a new windshield installed a couple weeks ago but they did a lousy job.i plan to go get license plates for it tomorrow and as soon as i can drive it,it's going back to the glass place.have a new carpet to put in it tomorrow,maybe.it came with the truck but is the wrong color green.it'll probably drive me nuts so i may sell it and order the right one,so if we go to a little car get together Friday night,it may be with a steel floor?time will tell.i plan to put a tilt column in but for now,just a new signal light switch in the original non tilt,right side signals aren't right but all in all,a super solid old truck with 74,000 miles,the best truck i ever had.the first guy who comes in the yard and asks if it's for sale,is getting chased away.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2021, 12:00 AM   #63
mr.mud1

a few more pictures
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #64
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Nice, I'm glad you finally got it home and getting some work done on it.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:50 PM   #65
mr.mud1

yes sir,thanks.it was a battle to finally get it here.i just returned home from the DMV with a new license plate for it.there's a get-together every friday night with a bunch of old cars & trucks in a little place called Masstown at the Masstown Market.if all goes according to plan,we'll be there friday night with the truck,ought to be a blast.take care
Old 08-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #66
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
Nice find! Worth the wait. Can't go wrong with a clean original ex camper hauler!
I will add on to this, a clean original well optioned ex camper hauler!
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:35 PM   #67
mr.mud1

thank you sir.this is quite a truck.i've had many over the years,never one like this.carpet goes in tomorrow,new signal light switch,the new tires get installed,maybe a lap around town?it'll be a good day.all the best.Greg
Old 08-10-2021, 01:53 AM   #68
knuckle-nurse

Nice truck...good to see it arrived safe. I just picked up a 72 Cheyenne C20 big block, factory air, aux tank, tool box etc. Very similar to yours except mine is rusty and needing a lot of attention. I'm west of you in Sask....would like to get some engine compartment pics from you if possible.
Thanks
Scott
knuckle-nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:35 AM   #69
mr.mud1

hi Scott.nice to hear from you.my old Dodge truck came from Big River,Saskatchewan.i flew out,saw the truck and drove it home.it's a long,long drive and 20 liters of oil in the truck and no overdrive???but that's another story.i plan to put more pictures on here as i get this old girl back up and running after it's 25 years sitting in storage and will have some of the engine and everything else.if you want to PM me your email address,i can send whatever you'd like.Take care.Greg
Old 08-11-2021, 12:08 AM   #70
knuckle-nurse

I've been on a few "bring the old truck home trips" as well. My 72 Cheyenne came to me with the intake off the motor and missing some of the parts to reassemble. Some engine compartment pics will help me identify the parts I'm missing. I'll pm my email address.
Thanks
Scott
knuckle-nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #71
LT7A

Long saga on getting this one home, glad that you got it in time to enjoy it some this summer. Post all the updates and pictures that you can stand to. Never get tired of seeing that kind of preservation.
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:36 AM   #72
Happy_dan

I am sure you'll her her purring soon and on the road. Seems like so long ago!
Happy_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:17 PM   #73
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckle-nurse View Post
I've been on a few "bring the old truck home trips" as well. My 72 Cheyenne came to me with the intake off the motor and missing some of the parts to reassemble. Some engine compartment pics will help me identify the parts I'm missing. I'll pm my email address.
Thanks
Scott
Hi Scott. I was busy today with my dump truck gig.i have your email and I will send a few pictures tonight.take care.greg
Old 08-11-2021, 08:23 PM   #74
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Long saga on getting this one home, glad that you got it in time to enjoy it some this summer. Post all the updates and pictures that you can stand to. Never get tired of seeing that kind of preservation.
Yes sir,quite a struggle to get it here.a 100 years from now,we'll look back at this and laugh.i have been working hard trying to get everything I wanted done,to take it Friday evening to an old car/truck get together. Hopefully we'll make it out on it's maiden voyage. Pictures to follow for sure,if we make it.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:48 PM   #75
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_dan View Post
I am sure you'll her her purring soon and on the road. Seems like so long ago!
Hi Dan,nice to hear from you.it's pretty cool to finally have it here. I do have it running very well now although I haven't driven it yet,that will be a run to the Masstown Market in Masstown, Nova Scotia on Friday evening if I get everything done.how it's running as well as it is with one of the most screwed up carbs I've ever seen or worked on,is beyond me.i have 4 or 5 carbs,tailpipes for this truck and some parts for my 39 Chrysler all sitting in Calais,Maine where the truck was camped out for a couple of months but with the border still closed,they are going to have to wait til I can go get them.it'll work out I'm sure.take care.