The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Bop69

Brake line nightmare

I bought a Booster, master cylinder and lines from inline tube. They did not come with a digram or instructions. It does not look like the lines are the right ones. I sent them pictures of the lines they sent me and they said that those are the ones that fit my 69. I have two lines I think are for the front that have spring wrap on them. None of the others have wraps. I would think that the rear axle lines would also have spring wrap around them? Does anyone have a pic from the master on back.
Bop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
scotts72heavyhalf

Re: Brake line nightmare

I had a similar experience with in-line tube with my 69 and it was after I had already run all the lines forward, the front lines ended up being wrong, they ran inside the frame to the master (too close to the exhaust) and the connections were wrong. I ended up buying a new front set from POL a vender on this site that were correct, they had great customer service and tech help un;ike in-line tube that had horribile assistance even after I sent them pictures and waited for two weeks. My set did not have the spring wrap, and I converted to power with disc/drum and all stainless lines. it took a week of chasing leaks but I am finally going to bleed the brakes a third time tomorrow. Good luck with you lines I dont have any pictures but if you need some PM me with your # and I will text you a few tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
scotts72heavyhalf

If you go to our build page (our new 69C10 project) there is pictures of the master and lines youo can see and even a few pictures of the wrong lines before the master was mounted on the cab.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Bop69

Thanks that helped.
Bop69 is offline   Reply With Quote