The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
Gigem

Yet another window seal, fuzzy, belltline, etc. thread

I have searched and ready plenty of threads on this topic, but I still don't have a decision on the best solution here.

I have removed the inner and outer window seals on my 72 GMC, and want to replace with something new.

I honestly don't care if they aren't 100% waterproof "squeegee" action, as this is a fair weather only truck. I just want them to fit right, look decent and help keep the window from rattling around.

Everyone complains about the ones from LMC, which I gather are made by Precision. A set of these (two inners and outers) costs $30 so I am not surprised that they suck.

I saw a thread where a guy used some that were glued on. He says they have held up but I don't like the idea of gluing them on and they didn't look anything like original to me. Glue was the biggest concern. These were like $50 and were just outers. I guess you use the Precision inners...

I have had decent luck with Steele stuff, and they show a set of these (oddly they only show for a Chevy, not a GMC) for the princely sum of $100.

https://www.steelerubber.com/window-...rip-80-0060-57

Has anyone used these Steele ones?

I really don't want to spend $100 here, but I guess I will if they are really good.

Thanks.
1972 Chevelle SS Convertible (gone)
1973 Chevy Corvette (gone)
1967 Chevy Camaro (STOLEN!)
Gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
03BlkZ

Re: Yet another window seal, fuzzy, belltline, etc. thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigem View Post
I have searched and ready plenty of threads on this topic, but I still don't have a decision on the best solution here.

I have removed the inner and outer window seals on my 72 GMC, and want to replace with something new.

I honestly don't care if they aren't 100% waterproof "squeegee" action, as this is a fair weather only truck. I just want them to fit right, look decent and help keep the window from rattling around.

Everyone complains about the ones from LMC, which I gather are made by Precision. A set of these (two inners and outers) costs $30 so I am not surprised that they suck.

I saw a thread where a guy used some that were glued on. He says they have held up but I don't like the idea of gluing them on and they didn't look anything like original to me. Glue was the biggest concern. These were like $50 and were just outers. I guess you use the Precision inners...

I have had decent luck with Steele stuff, and they show a set of these (oddly they only show for a Chevy, not a GMC) for the princely sum of $100.

https://www.steelerubber.com/window-...rip-80-0060-57

Has anyone used these Steele ones?

I really don't want to spend $100 here, but I guess I will if they are really good.

Thanks.
I ordered some from Steele rubber about a month ago and still have not received them. I actually called on Friday and the said they will reach out to the vendor and have an answer Monday. Steele has been good so far on other things. I made a poor judgment call and ordered som seals and other rubber things from LMC and they were terrible. The door seals would not even allow me to close the doors. They were way too big and too stiff. Steele seals were perfect so that's why I went back to them for the window felt.
03BlkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #3
03BlkZ

I ordered some from Steele rubber about a month ago and still have not received them. I actually called on Friday and the said they will reach out to the vendor and have an answer Monday. Steele has been good so far on other things. I made a poor judgment call and ordered som seals and other rubber things from LMC and they were terrible. The door seals would not even allow me to close the doors. They were way too big and too stiff. Steele seals were perfect so that's why I went back to them for the window felt.
03BlkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:41 PM   #4
cj847

Talking Re: Yet another window seal, fuzzy, belltline, etc. thread

I haven't bought from LMC so I can't comment. I did install a set from classic parts of America and they are fine. I did have to trim them a little, but i would expect that from any vendor. Can't comment on longevity as they are only 5-6 mos old. I don't believe that these seals are meant to do as much as some expect out of them. The weep holes in the bottom of the door are there for a reason......

https://www.classicparts.com/1967-72...ctinfo/03-571/
cj847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:20 AM   #5
72bowtiestepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
I haven't bought from LMC so I can't comment. I did install a set from classic parts of America and they are fine. I did have to trim them a little, but i would expect that from any vendor. Can't comment on longevity as they are only 5-6 mos old. I don't believe that these seals are meant to do as much as some expect out of them. The weep holes in the bottom of the door are there for a reason......

https://www.classicparts.com/1967-72...ctinfo/03-571/
I just rec. these same ones from Classic Parts....They are Precision brand & look good....not installed yet.
72bowtiestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #6
Thealien

After hearing a couple of people on this forum say the Repop brand was very nice. I Purchased a set they look nice but I have not installed them yet.

https://www.jegs.com/i/LAT+Racing+Oi...ries%20-%20LST
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #7
Gigem

Someone install these darn things and give a report!
1972 Chevelle SS Convertible (gone)
1973 Chevy Corvette (gone)
1967 Chevy Camaro (STOLEN!)
Gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:43 PM   #8
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Regardless of the brand you choose, I would suggest checking the strap that spot welds the door halves together near the vent window(72 will have a screw as well as the strap) if the strap or welds are cracked, you’ll have a hard time getting the outer lower window “squeegee” rubber to sit correctly against the window. I used precision for the windows and doors and haven’t had any problems associated with any of the rubbers.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #9
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

I tried the LMC ones and my windows would not roll up all the way. I purchased the glue on outers. They fit great, stick and my window go all the way up. On the inner I simply applied the fuzzy side of Velcro. Wish I had bought the glue on ones to start with. They are a precision part as well.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:47 PM   #10
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Here is a pic of them installed.
Attached Images

1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote