The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #51
Ryanz

Re: New to me Stepside 4x4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptjsk View Post
Yea, that's kind of a tough one.

I kind of like the wheel and tire mount. If I had it on my truck, I think I would use it.

Congrats on the find. Just be sure to get it in your possession sooner rather than later. I've had more than a few times where I lost out on a vehicle after showing an interest and agreed to come back over the week-end to pick it up.

Now, if not picking it up immediately, I leave a deposit. Then I draft a short document indicating the agreed upon price, the deposit, the balance owed, and the VIN of the vehicle.

Pat
Great advice. Yes he's coming to the city tomorrow morning and I'm paying him in full with bill of sale. The truck is about 1.5 hours out of the city. My brother and I will pick it up with a trailer next weekend when it's not -50 celsius
Ryanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:46 PM   #52
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Only -28 C here today. Balmy weather

The spare tire fender looks great imo - just adds to the cool factor (and practicality). Add bias ply tires and a spare, good to go.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #53
Ptjsk

A bright sunny 11.1 C here today.
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:09 PM   #54
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Only -28 C here today. Balmy weather

The spare tire fender looks great imo - just adds to the cool factor (and practicality). Add bias ply tires and a spare, good to go.
Ya I'm very much a guy who likes to keep things stock so I will likely keep it as is. It would be a shame to take away from it's authenticity, especially since it's all there. I just prefer the sportier look and want to avoid it looking more like a grandpa vehicle. I'm sure I'll find a way to make it look cool.

I have a question on these fleet vehicles. Would have it originally been white in the factory (as the interior, under hood, and firewall indicates - and then painted over in this yellow also in the factory? I am unclear how these 'special paint' orders went. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:14 PM   #55
special-K
Special Order

Any fleet paint order from the factory I have ever owned or seen was all one uniform color, same as any paint.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:39 PM   #56
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Any fleet paint order from the factory I have ever owned or seen was all one uniform color, same as any paint.
Alright - I thought I read on a different thread somewhere that you could tell fleets because they only painted the outside, but I must be wrong on that.

So your opinion is that it was likely white from the factory and someone over the years painted it yellow? that is quite possible as well.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 02-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #57
oneperfectrun

Cool truck!! Congrats!
Old 02-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #58
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanz View Post
Alright - I thought I read on a different thread somewhere that you could tell fleets because they only painted the outside, but I must be wrong on that.

So your opinion is that it was likely white from the factory and someone over the years painted it yellow? that is quite possible as well.

Thanks,

Ryan
Thats what I would guess after looking at the pictures. From what I understand, Fleet paint can be anything from special colors to different panels being painted different colors.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:18 PM   #59
Ryanz

Quote:
Alright, thanks for this. I know mine was built in Oshawa. Just looking for how many of them were built in that year of that model.
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you tell me where/how you emailed them? You never spoke with them on the phone did you?
Old 02-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #60
mr.mud1

hi Ryanz,Greg here in Nova Scotia.i assume you were talking to me,if not,i apologize.you can look up the info for GM Vintage Vehicle services at
gmvintagevehicleservices.com there's lots of information there and how to contact them to order what they have for your truck.it says on the home page that they have no information on U.S vehicles built prior to 1977 except for some limited amounts of Pontiac and Cadillac info.there's contact info on the page,everything you need should be right there.i didn't look for a phone number and i can't recall if i've ever talked to them but everytime i get anything in the mail from them,it's always from a George fella,sorry can't remember his last name.i think he's been there for a 100 years.hope that helps.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:11 PM   #61
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
hi Ryanz,Greg here in Nova Scotia.i assume you were talking to me,if not,i apologize.you can look up the info for GM Vintage Vehicle services at
gmvintagevehicleservices.com there's lots of information there and how to contact them to order what they have for your truck.it says on the home page that they have no information on U.S vehicles built prior to 1977 except for some limited amounts of Pontiac and Cadillac info.there's contact info on the page,everything you need should be right there.i didn't look for a phone number and i can't recall if i've ever talked to them but everytime i get anything in the mail from them,it's always from a George fella,sorry can't remember his last name.i think he's been there for a 100 years.hope that helps.Greg
That's a big help - thanks Greg!!
Old 02-08-2021, 04:11 PM   #62
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This is from the thread on Special Paint I was referring to earlier.

Re: Post your "Special Paint" RPO truck (aka: the Definitive Special Paint thread)
Special paint code ZP3 for a fleet color specific to Pacific Telephone & Telegraph.

Outside was repainted but interior was not. Toggle switch and lamp were for roof top mounted service lamp.

1969 C10 stepside short bed. 6-cyl 3 on the tree Chevy optioned with leaf spring rear suspension and heavy duty springs.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:42 PM   #63
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Wow! Great truck and a great find. Congrats.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #64
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

FWIW, it's possible the three RPOs referencing paint specify differing colors at differing locations (exterior, interior, and ?). Some SPIDs have three RPOs for tires (front, rear, and spare I believe). Just a guess on my part though.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:23 PM   #65
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
FWIW, it's possible the three RPOs referencing paint specify differing colors at differing locations (exterior, interior, and ?). Some SPIDs have three RPOs for tires (front, rear, and spare I believe). Just a guess on my part though.
Yes what they told me at Vintage Vehicle Services out of Oshawa was this:

'We would be able to identify your vehicle as to how it was originally built except for paint, which was a special color ordered to a fleet customer's requirement. The BB, BJ, and BK identify a 2 paint color paint scheme (BB), special color step or running board (BJ), and special color grille (BK).'

I've now sent them the form for the official documentation which I will share once I get over the next few days.

I paid for it today and got the official bill of sale - so I'm truly pumped. We'll pick it up in a week or 2 when the weather warms up. The owner told me today he heard it may have been a US Border Patrol vehicle. Again, it was a West Coast vehicle bought out of British Columbia.

Thanks for all of your interest guys.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:27 PM   #66
sanddunecoon

Quote:
Yea, that's kind of a tough one.

I kind of like the wheel and tire mount. If I had it on my truck, I think I would use it.

Congrats on the find. Just be sure to get it in your possession sooner rather than later. I've had more than a few times where I lost out on a vehicle after showing an interest and agreed to come back over the week-end to pick it up.

Now, if not picking it up immediately, I leave a deposit. Then I draft a short document indicating the agreed upon price, the deposit, the balance owed, and the VIN of the vehicle.

Pat
i completely agree with Pat, its happened to me. all of a sudden they don't pick up your calls and it disappears. go get it! great truck, i like the fender mount, I like how nostalgic it looks but that depends on what you're after..
Attached Images

sanddunecoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:46 PM   #67
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunecoon View Post
i completely agree with Pat, its happened to me. all of a sudden they don't pick up your calls and it disappears. go get it! great truck, i like the fender mount, I like how nostalgic it looks but that depends on what you're after..
That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I put the cash in his hand today and have the bill of sale in hand. He's headed back to Red Deer. It's sitting at his brother's place of business in North Battleford. I paid $7000. It may be an overpayment but for how rare these trucks are, especially untouched, I think it was fair for both parties. Would you agree?
Old 02-08-2021, 10:10 PM   #68
sanddunecoon

Thank you and congrats! You know when it’s right, I don’t know if you overplayed, probably not. I love 6 cyl and it’s a 4spd. It’s a very cool truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
sanddunecoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:20 PM   #69
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunecoon View Post
Thank you and congrats! You know when it’s right, I don’t know if you overplayed, probably not. I love 6 cyl and it’s a 4spd. It’s a very cool truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Much appreciated! I'll keep you guys posted on the progress. It's going to be a super fun project.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:41 AM   #70
Ptjsk

Quote:
That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I put the cash in his hand today and have the bill of sale in hand. He's headed back to Red Deer. It's sitting at his brother's place of business in North Battleford. I paid $7000. It may be an overpayment but for how rare these trucks are, especially untouched, I think it was fair for both parties. Would you agree?
Cool! Congratulations!

And the price of 7k.....nothing at all wrong with that, especially for how original this one looks to be!

Pat
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:43 AM   #71
Ryanz

Quote:
Cool! And congratulations!

And the price of 7k.....nothing at all wrong with that, especially for how original this one looks to be!

Pat
Thanks Pat! Greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #72
57taskforce
All about them K’s

The K trucks are getting hard to find in any condition. I’d say with the way the prices of them are these days, you did pretty good. Glad you got the deal wrapped up.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #73
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
The K trucks are getting hard to find in any condition. I’d say with the way the prices of them are these days, you did pretty good. Glad you got the deal wrapped up.
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2021, 04:53 PM   #74
Ryanz

Update: Just got my documentation on this vehicle. I'm pretty stoked at what I've learned. What's very cool is my uncle had just moved to Cranbrook in 1971, so I should be able to find out who even ordered this fleet. How cool!!
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #75
Ryanz

Quote:
Update: Just got my documentation on this vehicle. I'm pretty stoked at what I've learned. What's very cool is my uncle had just moved to Cranbrook in 1971, so I should be able to find out who even ordered this fleet. How cool!!
Sorry - not sure why they're posting sideways. :-/