The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
JDH2500

Cool Brake Discs

I have a 1998 K2500HD 8-lug and I was wondering what would be the best brake discs to install on the front axl. Has anyone ever used the Power Slot slotted brake rotors? I had read an article stating that cross drilled rotors had a problem with cracking in between the holes but the power slot rotorsdid not because they dont go all of the way through. Please let me know what you're running if you have an 8-lug or if you have a set of the power slot discs, how are thay holding up?
JDH2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:47 AM   #2
JDH2500

Ttt
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #3
JDH2500

Has ANYONE used the powerslot rotors? Also can they ever be turned if needed? Thanks...
Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
farfromhome

I'm looking at getting new rotors also and was checking out the power stop and power slot discs. On some of the sites that sell them they have some info on both. The cross drilled were said to be less prone to cracking and fracturing then when they were first introduced whenever ago. They said they start with new rotor castings as opposed to an OEM part off the shelf that is drilled by somebody. Which is kind of confusing since to make one you need to drill it anyway. I guess they are saying powerstop/slot manufacturing process is better than the other options on the market.

The slotted said it acts like a razor blade when the gooves pass over the pad thus reducing pad life faster than a drilled rotor but it is good alternative to those who feel that dilled rotors are weak and will crack.

My father has had power stops on his 92 Sub for at least 4 years now and no problems with fade, warping etc. He had gone through 2 oem disc sets in one year, because they kept warping. He's got no complaints and my stock discs aren't cutting it anymore so I'm looking into these also. It's just preference I guess, I'm leaning towards the drilled myself.
farfromhome is offline   Reply With Quote