The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Thumbs down Mortgage Co:Ocwen

Has anyone heard of this company,have/had a mortgage with them,or know anything about them?
We refinanced last year and ended up with them.We had our mortgage with my bank before,no problems.Now I wish we never did this.We are having a nightmare with these people.In August my wife made an over the phone payment(my check)while we were on vacation.Almost two weeks later they call for a payment,that`s when we found out the routing# was wrong so we are charged a late fee and returned check fee.Now,most places are very helpful to help you make sure you are giving the right number and straighten you out right away if you make a mistake.Not Ocwen,she didn`t even give them a nine digit #.Anyway,I figured she screwed it up.
In Sept.she makes the payment on-line,as she does most bills.A couple weeks later we get a call for the payment,didn`t go through,wrong account#.Any other site would not accept the number if it doesn`t match the name and asks you to re-enter.Not Ocwen,they wait until a late charge is due and charge you an NSF fee.
Now,for Oct.she pays on-line again on the 7th.They called last night for payment,said the acct.# was incorrect,late and NSF fee,again.She asked them to read the # back and it was nothing close to her #.She`s an RN,works with computers alot and if she was mistyping she could see it on the screen before submitting it.
All the people you talk to are Indian(you know,over there).We go`round`n`round in circles trying to explain that there must be a problem with their website because this is the third month in a row we`ve had a problem with numbers.The supervisor claims she`s never had a problem before.As we`re debating and I`m not caving in to the b.s.the connection starts to fail.She`s not hearing us,just saying,"hello-hello".I hang up my phone and come downstairs,my wife still not being heard.I go back up and tell my wife to hang her phone off.I can`t believe the lady`s still on the phone,"hello-hello".This went on for a long time.So I say,"I don`t know if this is another tactic.But,I wish we were dealing with a more competant outfit with an up-to-standard system.We know better than to rely on their system anymore and just want the fees dropped."No more,"hello-hello".Coincidence?She doesn`t try to call back.Wouldn`t that be the professional thing to do?My wife calls back in a half hour and asks for the woman by name.After a half hour she gave up.Now,tonight a guy calls,"you are behind,how would you like to pay?"We try to explain thesituation and it`s falling in deaf ears.We just go`round`n`round.I say we have a problem and I need to know what steps to take to remedy this.He never responded,just kept repeating the s.o.s.
The other thing is,nothing is consistant.He didn`t have the incorrect acct.# to read back.The payment fee was different from this morning.The amount due was different between my statement,the conversation with the woman this morning,and the man tonight.In fact,he`s saying we still owe Sept. because of NSF.The statement dated 10/7 doesn`t mention it and neither did the woman earlier today.I told him I need a payment history mailed before I`ll make another payment.Who known what that`ll say.I always round the payment up about $35 to an even hundred and my Nov.payment(on statement is asking for $54+/- for some reason,even though we supposedly owe $200+ in late charges($67.23 a month).I really feel like I`m dealing with some scam outfit.It`s very frustrating.BTW,I`ve been VERY cool with them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

Re: Mortgage Co:Ocwen

Sounds like you need to get a lawyer on the phone with them. Oh yeah and find another mortgage company.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 AM   #3
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
Oh yeah and find another mortgage company.

No doubt! it seems they're trying to suck you dry and take you for a walk in the park!

How do you make the invisible, visible?.........You take it away.
chevy_fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:33 AM   #4
blaserman

Sounds like a scam from them to get more money. I would look at getting another co. to refinence through. Also tell the new co. what has happened with this one. I would not wait too long to get this done. I had a co. similar to what you have and got rid of them real quick.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:34 AM   #5
blaserman

Hay SpeicakK I did not look to see who this was from. You might want to talk to the md. state att. about what is going on. Lots of luck. Art
Old 10-25-2005, 05:38 AM   #6
GMC AMI

Metwest sold my morgage to these rip off artists and I had many problems as well! Boy was I ever glad to refinace. Good luck with them.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

There`s more to it than ripping me off for late fees.With all these late payments it`s messing up my chances to refinance.The whole reason I refinanced was to consolidate my wife`s high revolving credit balances that were bringing our credit score down.In fact,that kept us from getting the rate we were promised.
The problem is,these crooks have the ability to forclose and that,I feel,is their scam.
My wife went on-line last night at work to check into them.Her search under Ocwen presented a multitude of similar complaints.She went on ripoff.com and they were very popular there.Stories of people losing their homes to these crooks.There`s a lawyer on it already,getting a class action lawsuit.Many have their lawyers on these people.
My wife made a payment with the home equity account from our other house.She just got a letter from Ocwen stating "unable to locate account".This IS a scam!The thing is,you don`t choose these companies that you are a consumer and contractually obligated to(and victimized by).

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-25-2005 at 08:47 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

this may be of interest

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff24145.htm
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #9
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

WOWSERS, I feel for ya buddy, makes me thankfull I don't have issues, best of luck to ya
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
WLPTMP

i have them they suck
WLPTMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #11
seacrow

As a real estate investor, I have about 30 mortgage payments I make every month. I just recently had one of them purchased by OCWEN. I do not have problems with them or a lot of other loan servicing companies because I make payments to them early and I confrim them with online banking. Try moving some money around and making the payments about a week before the due date, confirm when they clear the bank and when you do have problems with late charges etc. Get their fax number and fax your documents along with a strongly worded letter every day, twice per day until it is resolved. This is the only way to fix it. I've had lenders report me 30 plus days late up to seven times in a row which is total BS, they do it to make you life miserable. I got that problem fixed by overwhelming them with faxed letters and cancelled check copies. The late payments just dieappeared from my credit report after about a month.

Here are some other mortgage hints for you guys.

Your bank sold you note and mortgage to another investment group, or they may still own it. This is done all of the time in the stock market. The "servicing" is handled by Ocwen. Many banks and investment groups use "loan servicing" companies such as Ocwen to "service" their mortgages. Or basically a collection and esgrow service. There are tons and tons of these companies like Ocwen. When you talk to them on the phone, they have no interest in you, they are just doing their job, if you don't document what is happening, it won't get fixed.

It has helped me in the past to offer to get a plane ticket to come see them at their office so we can "settle this one on one, face to face", that also helps sometimes.

Send your payments via certified mail, that really pisses them off and stops all kinds of problems.

You can also get their wiring instructions and wire them the payment and call them every month before the due date, talk to a rep. get you payment amount, due date, etc. and make sure you tell them you are going out of your way due to their incompetence. Mention your attorney when you call, say things like, "hello, I need to know the exact amount and due date of my next payment, my attorney advised me to validate everything due to your companies extreme incompetence........ok, thank you Tabash, I am sending the payment via certified mail one week early, I will call back on the due date to make sure you guys didn't screw it up again" Make sure you write down the time and date and the persons name you spoke to.

Also, the only late payments that affect your credit are payments that are 30 or more days late.

Always, always confirm when the payment cleared you bank for the first several months, eventually your problems will pass even with Ocwen, but they treat you like dogs for the frist while.

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty CC King Ranch, moonroof, heated captains chairs, 6.4 PowerStroke.

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa, all black

1985 Mustang GT T-top, 5 spd. 54K orig miles.
seacrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:32 AM   #12
seacrow

Oh and join truecredit.com or some other reputable source of credit monitoring. You can get lifetime credit reports for one price and check you credit every month. The biggest problem with Ocwen and other companies is credit reporting mistakes, which to be honest, I think are done on purpose half of the time. Check you credit every month and stay ahead of this and ID theft.

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty CC King Ranch, moonroof, heated captains chairs, 6.4 PowerStroke.

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa, all black

1985 Mustang GT T-top, 5 spd. 54K orig miles.
seacrow is offline   Reply With Quote