The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2015, 02:01 AM   #51
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Carbureted ls

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy longhorn View Post
Thanks Liz, your man is lucky to have an understanding gal like you Yes the "firewater" does kick me too damn hard at times! I also "bark " at the moon....was born 1/2 crazy ,I guess? I am sorry for the bs that I made here, but understand, it has not all come from here! I catch it , for that carbed fuelie, all around? One of the mods here....no names, said that it was stupid, to put a carb on that engine? To me it is about budget, & also the look....I like old school? Longhorn
Aren't we all half crazy? Glad to see you posting. Welcome back..

oh and if a mod/staff tells you your stupid for something.. tell me and ill ***** slap em for ya I can about bet it was Cable... he means no harm either and comes across as quite the ash at times but hes good people n knows his crap, yall just see things a bit differently. If its not him, well sorry cableguy!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:37 AM   #52
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I'm at least 2/3 crazy, I just hide from the banhammer whenever possible.

Longhorn I still love you, at least thats what my avatars expression would display.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:45 AM   #53
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post

oh and if a mod/staff tells you your stupid for something.. tell me and ill ***** slap em for ya I can about bet it was Cable... he means no harm either and comes across as quite the ash at times but hes good people n knows his crap, yall just see things a bit differently. If its not him, well sorry cableguy!
No, the mod did not tell my I was stupid....he just said that it was stupid, to put a carb on that ls mill.....I did not mention any names, & wont? It was just a bad day for me? Once again, I love you for the support, again, Josh is very lucky , to have a good gal behind him My old gal , tends to keep me out of "most of the trouble" I love her , with all my heart+ 2 kids & 2 grand kids. The grand son, will be around Valentines day longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:50 AM   #54
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I'm at least 2/3 crazy, I just hide from the banhammer whenever possible.

Longhorn I still love you, at least thats what my avatars expression would display.
Its all good brother trucker Just a bad day, for the old man? Longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
Old 01-16-2015, 01:00 AM   #55
cableguy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post

Im getting blamed and didn't even do nothing. Me and the old guy get along quite well actually. Were both about equally nuts. I just hide it better most of the time. Thanks for throwing me under the bus Liz.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:24 AM   #56
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Im getting blamed and didn't even do nothing. Me and the old guy get along quite well actually. Were both about equally nuts. I just hide it better most of the time. Thanks for throwing me under the bus Liz.
longhorn
Old 01-16-2015, 02:38 AM   #57
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Cable, I hate to see your azz under the bus...Ouch! Yes, we have fun, time to time?. Maybe don't agree on all....but that is life Love you brother! longhorn
Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #58
aod92

I was looking at the holley ez efi set up for my truck and that's the way I'll eventually go. I don't have a harness or a computer and that comes with both. This year I'll put a carb on it to get it on the road. Thanks for all the help guys....This is a great site!
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #59
crazy longhorn

Sorry, we get a little "off track" , at times.....to get back on track, do what you need to make it "rock" for you I heard it said , that the diff , tween the fullie, & the carb, might be like the same fight tween religion, or the crap on politics! For me, I know that I gave some stuff up, running the carb (cold driveability, & a little mileage, on the fuel .The old booger runs like stink, 6 gears to "row", & fun to play with? longhorn
Old 02-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #60
dec010974

@ aod92 just to update. Easy as pie.
Attached Images

dec010974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #61
Dubnova

I have had both the carb and the EFI. The EFI is great (when it's tuned) and the carb is good when it's tuned. HA! I have a supercharged LS3 and a factory EFI LS3 and they are great for all of the reasons everybody has stated but, the carb was just about as good for power (maybe better then the factory EFI). I like the idea of not having to use HP tuners to work on my car! I miss the old stuff (big blocks) the LS3 engines will never (to me) replace the old school look and feel of a SBC/BBC. Are they better? I guess thats a question everybody has answer for themselves. I think the LS engines are better for everything except for the cool factor. You will be fine which ever route you go on the induction side of a LS. Both are good.
Dubnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #62
aod92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
@ aod92 just to update. Easy as pie.
Looks great! I still haven't decided which way I'm going yet lol.
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #63
dec010974

Either way, have fun. That's what it's all about. Aod92, if you need help myself and a few other board members are willing to lend a hand. Clark.
dec010974 is offline   Reply With Quote