The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
grayharville
^^who I am^^ what I say>

Re: s10 v8

You could use the el camino frame, add a 1/2 ton drivetrain, 350, th400 and an np205 and be way ahead of using the s10 frame man.
Posted via Mobile Device

East Tx Squares
grayharville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
hipasschev94

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayharville View Post
You could use the el camino frame, add a 1/2 ton drivetrain, 350, th400 and an np205 and be way ahead of using the s10 frame man.
Posted via Mobile Device
the s10 frame is just the base, once i get the model el camino im going to use bought and in my driveway im going to get all the wheel base mesurments and rebuild that frame completely custom. im going to extend it using another s10 frame from the same generation then im getting the cross members off of a 1/2 frame that had the turbo 400 getting the engine mounts off of a original 350 frame positioning them and welding them on, looking through different body mounts (the part welded on the frame) and see what kind would work the best position those on and weld them in place. im rebuilding the frame completely custom to fit the el camino i get perfectly
Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
hipasschev94

i plan on putting tons of hard work into making this frame and paying attention to every little detail to make it work and look perfectly. im already aware of what im getting my self into and how long of a build its going to be but ive been doing research on 4x4 el caminos and im going to take my time make sure i get everything done just right and perfectly
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
hipasschev94

this is sweet, we had a axle just sitting out front for about a year and i always thought it was a dana 60 till i got a close look at it and turns out is a 14 bolt full floater like i wanted so i asked my dad about it and he said he will probably give it me since he cant build anything for the next couple years because of the house payments and everything
Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
hipasschev94

heres a update, i got the cab and box off finally and loaded on the trailer with the rest of the scrap and almost all of the family is convinced they just watched the murder of a vehicle lol, then while i was working on the frame (getting the drive train and lift out) ive decided ima cut my losses and sell the frame and the lift together instead of keeping the frame for my next build. then we picked this up a couple weeks ago as a present for my dads year sobriety {CoNgRaTs DAD!!}. its a 88 k1500 with a 350, i will be starting a thread on that soon, just doing some personal touches and finishing.
Attached Images