The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
wixthedog

The 1976 Beater Build - by Wixthedog

Hello all! Like you I have been fortunate enough to be able to have read through so many inspiring and informational build threads that I thought it only fair to finally jot some stuff down and update as things happen to my pickup.

She is a 1975 (titled as a 1976) Scottsdale RCLB that came from a one owner family Arizona. She has her share of bumps, bruises, and idiosyncrasies but shes a fine truck and a great pallet to spend some time on and enjoy.

I have always loved square bodies and after finally selling off a company I was running that was running me into the ground I needed something to allow me to relax when I have some downtime. Half the year I am home, the other half I spend working around the globe in oil and gas.

The day I got her. Checked the fluids and took off an hour and half home, not a hiccup to be had until I found out the fuel filler hose had a massive hole in it! Fortunately the guys at Outback Truck Parts in Houston had the quick hook up.

Last edited by wixthedog; 11-25-2019 at 08:01 AM.
wixthedog is offline   Reply With Quote