The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2021, 11:01 PM   #6501
Gregski
Senior Member
 
Gregski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 7,805
Re: Restoring Rusty

Gentlemen does this "brand new" Corvette Servo look brand new to you all, ladies as well

by the way the new large C clip was so rusted I ended up re using my old one (not shown in pics)
Attached Images
  
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:04 PM   #6502
Gregski
Senior Member
 
Gregski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 7,805
Re: Restoring Rusty

so got the old servo out and sure enuff the piston was loose as a goose and the "new" one seems a little bit better

mandatory stare and compare:
Attached Images
  
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:07 PM   #6503
Gregski
Senior Member
 
Gregski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 7,805
Re: Restoring Rusty

So Good News / Bad News

the Good News is my trans shifts better now

the Bad News is the stupid clunk sound is still there
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #6504
LT7A
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,727
Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Gentlemen does this "brand new" Corvette Servo look brand new to you all, ladies as well

by the way the new large C clip was so rusted I ended up re using my old one (not shown in pics)
I don't know much about servos, but that red yo-yo looks like an antique.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:01 AM   #6505
Gregski
Senior Member
 
Gregski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 7,805
Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I don't know much about servos, but that red yo-yo looks like an antique.
yeah, I wrote to the company that sold me that on Amazon, I like to do that as a courtesy before leaving negative feedback, and they wrote back and said yes it is new and that they were sorry about the poor quality and that they will talk to their "REBUILD" tech to have him do a better job

EXCUSE ME? rebuilt is not brand new, I did not want a rebuilt part! wth
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #6506
blazer2007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vernon b.c.
Posts: 2,668
Re: Restoring Rusty

Why do you beat yourself up by ordering from Amazon. I like my parts from a tranny shop or engine shop. I,m sure you have your reason,s but I got tired of that game. Getting old so don,t like to do it more than once but that doesn,t work sometimes either .
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:50 PM   #6507
LT7A
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,727
Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
yeah, I wrote to the company that sold me that on Amazon, I like to do that as a courtesy before leaving negative feedback, and they wrote back and said yes it is new and that they were sorry about the poor quality and that they will talk to their "REBUILD" tech to have him do a better job

EXCUSE ME? rebuilt is not brand new, I did not want a rebuilt part! wth
Wow. A response like that basically writes the review for you. And for the post above, while I understand it, there are many legitimate companies that choose to use Amazon or ebay as their vehicle for online sales. Unfortunately, sometimes it's hard to tell them from people like this outfit until you get the part. Good luck man.

Last edited by LT7A; 06-09-2021 at 10:02 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2020 67-72chevytrucks.com