The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2021, 08:22 AM   #1
custom10nut

Yesterday’s score

I went to the Pull a Part yesterday, (first time since last summer) and found everything I was lookin for…
I scored the door gaskets out of a 2010 Honda Civic, and a Rear Sway Bar from a 95 Pathfinder, and as I was sitting on the ground helping another guy, who didn’t bring any tools (who does that?) I found a cable operated spare tire holder, so I it too.
Another bonus was an emissions part for my daughter’s car.
So overall it was a great day
Attached Images

custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
Getter-Done

Re: Yesterday’s score

Nice score.
I have the I don't have any tools thing a-lot

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
custom10nut

Yep, and I immediately respond with “ I won’t loan you my tools, but I’ll help you get your part off”.
I don’t even loan tools out of my garage to my friends. Either they come to me, or I go to them.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:19 PM   #4
jumpsoffrock

Off topic rant warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
I don’t even loan tools out of my garage to my friends. Either they come to me, or I go to them.
I don't like bashing people who I call my friends or family, but it doesn't matter who they are, I have learned that there's typically a reason why they don't have tools. And that's the same reason why I don't loan them mine.

My best friend growing up has a stepdad with a fair bit of tools that he never used, they just sat...much of it is Snap On. I would get burnt when he'd tell me that he couldn't even take them to someones house for the day(not mine personally) to do some work.

...until I grew up and bought my own.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:02 AM   #5
lil hoodlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock View Post
Off topic rant warning

I don't like bashing people who I call my friends or family, but it doesn't matter who they are, I have learned that there's typically a reason why they don't have tools. And that's the same reason why I don't loan them mine.

My best friend growing up has a stepdad with a fair bit of tools that he never used, they just sat...much of it is Snap On. I would get burnt when he'd tell me that he couldn't even take them to someones house for the day(not mine personally) to do some work.

My dad has a garage full of tools and when I was a kid and would use his tools, he wasn't all too happy about it. So in around six grade for Christmas one year, I got my own tool box and Craftsman tools of my own to use. Still have the tool box and most of the tools to this day.
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:10 PM   #6
custom10nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock View Post
Off topic rant warning

Oh, it’s not Bashing if it’s the truth.
Before I stopped loaning tools, a LONG time ago, it would irritate me to no end when I’d have to arrange a time to go retrieve MY tools,
Or finding out they were getting used “not for their intended purposes (I.E. Adjustable wrench used like a hammer, or a screwdriver used as a chisel or pry bar, and the worst was “Oh man, your tool broke, so I had to buy you a new one, and have them “replace” a Craftsman, Mac, or Snap-on with HF or Flea market specials.
Then I was the AH for not loaning tools anymore.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:16 PM   #7
Caddylackn

I don't loan tools any more at the U-pulls. Once I had to run somebody down to get it back and the other time she fled without me seeing her. If somebody wants to borrow a tool at the junkyard they can buy it off me for the new price replacement rate. I may buy it back when they are done with it if they don't screw it up. Just like at Autozone.

Last time at the junkyard I got me door seals from a 2002 Chrysler Mini-van for $5 each, since they were out of the later model Hondas. The 2002 Mini-van door seals were a perfect fit. They snapped in tight and even had wire reinforcement. I did trim the inner inside seal off with a razor knife since the inner door seal was designed to go over the interior plastic pieces.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:38 PM   #8
Accelo

I lent out my SnapOn torque wrench. He used it for a breaker bar!
He did step up and pay for the repair. Came back from SnapOn with a sticker on it. "Don't use as a breaker bar."
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #9
gmc684x4

Rofl i did that to my own 1/2 torque wrench in a bind blew a tire on my skin steer good thing it was a cheap Canadian tire one
gmc684x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #10
body bolt

My neighbor asked to borrow my pressure washer and I obliged. This was on a Friday. Fast forward to the following weekend, I needed it, they hadn't returned it so I went to get it. They had left town for the weekend. They were back on Sunday, said they hadn't yet used it and would like to borrow it again. I didn't say anything, took the washer and left.
body bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:44 PM   #11
custom10nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by body bolt View Post
My neighbor asked to borrow my pressure washer and I obliged. This was on a Friday. Fast forward to the following weekend, I needed it, they hadn't returned it so I went to get it. They had left town for the weekend. They were back on Sunday, said they hadn't yet used it and would like to borrow it again. I didn't say anything, took the washer and left.
I’ve had that happen too.