The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2022, 02:42 AM   #26
kwmech

Re: Location location location

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
If you can, make sure to thank them. I made this sign last week out of an old piece of ply, bed sheet. We live on a state hwy that had a bunch of line trucks coming and going. We had a lot of trucks honking and taking pics. The "apes" (apprentices) sign was added by these guys. While talking to them, they said not a lot of people tell them thanks. I thought that was kind of sad.
Drove past that sign about 4 times in the last 2 days
kwmech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #27
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue View Post
Not here, I get snow just a little bit more than Palf does.
Fer sure. Last snow I remember is March of 93, 5" on the beach. The world stood still here and if you were smart, you stayed off the roads. These folks do NOT know how to drive on snow, or period sometimes.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #28
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

We are supposed to get the leftovers from Leon's show sometime Sunday night? At least that's the last I heard.
It has been mild here for the most part. One snow back around Thanksgiving and another mid December, but other than that, not much.
It was in the 50s-60s the week before Christmas and in the low teens the week after New Years. Ohio can be very up-down, even on the same day, or from the north to the south. I'm right in the middle, predicting is tough, when you are literally right on the line. Seems like I-70 is where the weather kind of splits.

The seasons have shifted a bit in my lifetime though. Winter comes a bit later than it used to, at least a month. Snow in late as April is not uncommon, but when I was a kid, that would have been shocking. It doesn't stay, but it happens.
The heat of the summer comes earlier too, almost like spring has shrunk and autumn has grown to push them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:17 AM   #29
mr.mud1

the storm that travelled up through New England started here yesterday afternoon,blowing and snowing.it carried on all night,still not good.they just announced on the news,65,000 folks without power but the conditions are too poor to allow the linemen up the poles for repairs just yet.the lights are still on here,so we're good. -13.5 Celcius out there now,7.7 degrees F but the wind is blowing at 60 or 70 MPH,not a nice day for the beach?take care everyone.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:23 AM   #30
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
the storm that travelled up through New England started here yesterday afternoon,blowing and snowing.it carried on all night,still not good.they just announced on the news,65,000 folks without power but the conditions are too poor to allow the linemen up the poles for repairs just yet.the lights are still on here,so we're good. -13.5 Celcius out there now,7.7 degrees F but the wind is blowing at 60 or 70 MPH,not a nice day for the beach?take care everyone.
nice day for a big bowl of chili and netflix
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:00 PM   #31
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
We are supposed to get the leftovers from Leon's show sometime Sunday night? At least that's the last I heard.
It has been mild here for the most part. One snow back around Thanksgiving and another mid December, but other than that, not much.
It was in the 50s-60s the week before Christmas and in the low teens the week after New Years. Ohio can be very up-down, even on the same day, or from the north to the south. I'm right in the middle, predicting is tough, when you are literally right on the line. Seems like I-70 is where the weather kind of splits.

The seasons have shifted a bit in my lifetime though. Winter comes a bit later than it used to, at least a month. Snow in late as April is not uncommon, but when I was a kid, that would have been shocking. It doesn't stay, but it happens.
The heat of the summer comes earlier too, almost like spring has shrunk and autumn has grown to push them together.

Hold on to your hat. We ended up getting about 10 inches and Des Moines airport got 14. I hope all of that doesn't make it that far.... Now the wind is blowing pretty good, making it drift. I need to go out and plow the drive.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:27 PM   #32
yuccales

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Drove past that sign about 4 times in the last 2 days
We really did appreciate the work they did. They got our power back on in 5 days, which was a lot sooner then some out here. BTW, heck of a nice wood shed you got there!
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 03:21 PM   #33
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
nice day for a big bowl of chili and netflix
i hear ya,bowl of chili,some netflix or go put an engine together?it's warm in the garage.i'll chili and netflix later??take care.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:59 PM   #34
Getter-Done

Be careful out there.
DOT is got a Lizzard warning out.

Name:  lizards.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  30.7 KB
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 05:39 PM   #35
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
That’s about how I was in my Company truck all day. Steering wheel half cocked trying to keep it straight and not drive like a drunk.
You've really got to hang onto that steering wheel in high winds. I remember driving up the Grapevine in my old Ranger and getting bounced around like a ball in a pinball machine. I don't know how truckers do it. I would have to change my shorts if I was in a big rig.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:24 PM   #36
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
You've really got to hang onto that steering wheel in high winds. I remember driving up the Grapevine in my old Ranger and getting bounced around like a ball in a pinball machine. I don't know how truckers do it. I would have to change my shorts if I was in a big rig.
One of my younger brothers has one of those big pusher motor homes. He drove truck for years. He looks at the dust and shrubbery ahead of where he is going to predict how to turn the steering wheel in high winds. His wife wanted a turn at the wheel, and he resisted, but finally relented. She drove it maybe two miles and pulled over. It takes a lot of attention. When I tow my trailer in high winds and it starts to wobble, I push down on the gas pedal and apply the trailer brakes. I have yet to put the stabilizer on.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:11 AM   #37
kwmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post

. BTW, heck of a nice wood shed you got there!
Thank you------Decided to build one that will NEVER rot out. Roof was made all with pressure treated lumber. Slab is 5'' thick. I get a lot on compliments on it. One of my neighbors wants me to help him build a similar
kwmech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 06:46 PM   #38
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Well it turns out that we got a little over 4" in my neighborhood. It was sloppy for most of my 20 mile commute, but not impassible. I did get a bit worse as I was heading east, but not that bad. By afternoon, it was far better.
More is supposed to be coming in the next few days, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:37 AM   #39
In The Ten Ring

I think WV got about 12 inches total this past one.

My wife and I bundled up something impressive and walked to church (we usually walk). Wearing the ski goggles really got everyone's attention.

Then we started plowing snow at midnight for the immediate neighborhood. Finished up the next day.

Wife really got some cold weather experience (she hails from 7 degrees south of the Equator) and she was able to make things like a snow angel, fall backwards into the snow, and shove her face into it (which she did not like) all for her budding Instagram page.

She's becoming quite the accomplished shoveler and can run the snowplow.

I was able to remember why mittens are better than gloves.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:38 AM   #40
Gregski
Post Whore

Snow? shoot where I'm at we wear Winter Shorts, and cry about it!
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote