The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2022, 12:30 PM   #2076
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Sink came for the master bath. Now I need to build the vanity. Going to be eithe hickory or oak slab that cut a few years ago for the top and some reclaimed wood from the barn for the vanity
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 01-22-2022 at 10:35 AM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:11 PM   #2077
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Made a leather sheath for the knife . First attempt at one still need to stitch the seam and add a beltloop . The grooves are to relief the bend like putting Kerf cuts n wood . Water is applied to bend area.
Wow! Nicely done! That looks like a great knife. And made from angle iron?
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #2078
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Wow! Nicely done! That looks like a great knife. And made from angle iron?
Thanks .The blade is 1/8” O1 tool steel I bought it at my local steel supplier it’s not hardened yet so I had to after I shaped the blade had to temper it afterwards . I heated the peanut oil to 120 ish with the angle iron . Warm oil works better to quench the steel
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #2079
72c20customcamper

Scrounged up the white oak from the barn have a big pile stacked inside from when I removed the horse stalls .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:07 PM   #2080
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Tim your house is so cool.

But it's so clean. Aren't you a single guy? When I was single my house looked like it. Dirty laundry and beer cans all over.

When I first met my wife I took off work early to go clean it up because I didn't want her to think I was such a slob. False advertising I know. But it worked. She said what a nice place, and all I could think was "You should have seen it this afternoon'.
I did the same thing to take pictures :lol:. It's not all that clean. And dusty? I'm not a partying kid anymore (much), my son has been out of town (he's not as neat as me), I hustled to straighten up to have family at Christmas, and now I'm trying to keep it that way. Actually keep looking at more things to clean and going ahead with it. Things I have walked past for years!. This place is the dust palace. Also fixing or finishing things on the house, so generally more motivated the more I get done. Things like this little countertop project. Been thinking about it for years

See the electrical switch and outlet by the microwave? I had an electrician wire the kitchen in the '80s and he did that halfass crap. Same thing over by the sink. Always hated that crooked mess. I painted the kitchen last year, never put the plates back on because I want to change all that to be one double box with an oak combination cover, to match the rest of the kitchen. I have to cut out a piece of tongue & groove to fix each one. I ordered the switch/recept plates the other day and dropped off the Multimaster (saw) to be repaired last week (finally). I can't wait to get it back so I can finally fix that mess!

Here is where the microwave was, taking up a lot of that space, and the messed up electric boxes
Name:  DSCN0027 (3).jpg
Views: 289
Size:  31.6 KB
The other messed up electric boxes
Name:  DSCN0016.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  34.6 KB
And the microwave in it's new place. I wasn't up for finishing the rack for the cutting board tonight
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-20-2022 at 09:24 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:14 PM   #2081
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I did the same thing to take pictures . It's not all that clean. And dusty? I'm not a partying kid anymore (much), my son has been out of town (he's not as neat as me), I hustled to straighten up to have family at Christmas, and now I'm trying to keep it that way. Actually keep looking at more things to clean and going ahead with it. Things I have walked past for years!. This place is the dust palace. Also fixing or finishing things on the house, so generally more motivated the more I get done. Things like this little countertop project. Been thinking about it for years

See the electrical switch and outlet by the microwave? I had an electrician wire the kitchen in the '80s and he did that halfass crap. Same thing over by the sink. Always hated that crooked mess. I painted the kitchen last year, never put the plates back on because I want to change all that to be one double box with an oak combination cover, to match the rest of the kitchen. I have to cut out a piece of tongue & groove to fix each one. I ordered the switch/recept plates the other day and dropped off the Multimaster (saw) to be repaired last week (finally). I can't wait to get it back so I can finally fix that mess!

Here is where the microwave was, taking up a lot of that space, and the messed up electric boxes
Attachment 2160253
The other messed up electric boxes
Attachment 2160254
And the microwave in it's new place. I wasn't up for finishing the rack for the cutting board tonight
If you want to see some real dust just try living in the desert next to a horse ranch.

This place gets so dusty that it is almost impossible to keep up on it. I'll spend an hour dusting and the next day it's all dusty again.

I chased my little Corgi dog today. She took off chasing a big Lab that comes by. The same Lab that chased my German Shepherd back into the house when he tried to chase it. But he met his match with Coco. She is fearless and sent him packing.

My wife freaked out and we had to go looking for her. We couldn't find her. Reason being, she was sitting on the front porch waiting for us. She came back on her own. Corgi's are smart dogs. She is small but heavy all muscle. She jumps off the bed and the floor rattles like someone just dropped a sack of concrete on it. She is like a big dog with really short legs and an attitude a mile wide. That Lab found out the hard way not to mess with her.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:51 PM   #2082
special-K
Special Order

Welsh Corgis are one of the first dog breeds I learned about when I was a kid. I'm kind of partial to them. The reason is, I collected/played with Corgi Toys. Those and Dinky Toys. My folks didn't have a lot of money and we had a big family, but when they bought us toys they bought quality. Are you familiar with them. Also Matchboxes, which everyone knows. I still have all that stuff. The coolest Corgi Toy I had was a baby blue '63 Riviera. And I have a story about that.

Back in '82 was when I met the gal I ended up marrying. She had two kids so I had to grow up. I started my home contracting business out of a '71 K/20. I wanted her to have a car that was a cool mate to it, and I wanted something sporty but also plush. So I was looking for a '71 Monte Carlo when I ran across a baby blue '63 Riviera. I realized it was what a Monte Carlo came from and bought it for her. At some point I went digging through my old toys and came across that Corgi Toy. I don't know if it was a subconscious thing or coincidence, but I had bought the real version of one of my favorite toys as a kid. In all these years I have only seen one other baby blue Riviera. And I just searched Corgi Toy Riviera and only found two pictures of baby blue ones. The one was an old listed that was a dead end and the other is on Ebay, and it says it's the rare baby blue version. The rest are either gold or medium blue metallic. I don't know, but when I think About it, that is one of the coolest things in my life
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-21-2022, 12:46 AM   #2083
cwcarpenter98

I never knew about Corgi toys. I'm also partial to the Corgi pups as that's the only family pet my family had in the home. In the future, if I decide to get a dog, it'll be a corgi. Until then, I think I'm going to go buy a Corgi toy

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:31 AM   #2084
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I never knew about Corgi toys. I'm also partial to the Corgi pups as that's the only family pet my family had in the home. In the future, if I decide to get a dog, it'll be a corgi. Until then, I think I'm going to go buy a Corgi toy
We had a mutt and she was half Corgi. Looked like one but her coloring was off and she had floppy ears. Dear Dear was her name because she had coloring like a deer. She had more puppies than I can count. I'm also partial to them because they are from Wales and I have a chunk of Welsh in me. My great grandfather came from Wales. My grandfather's dad, on my mom's side. Her maiden name is Jenkins. I can't say I'm Welsh, I'm a mutt too!

That baby blue Riviera is going for $65! No box, which doesn't matter to me. I still have mine which is in "played with" condition. As far as I know they are the only one Corgi did this light think with. Kind of like fiber optics. On the ledge under the back window and on the dash are lenses to let light in. The rear one lights up the headlights and the front one does the tail lights. I could put my finger over one side of the lens on the dash to put the turn signal on. Pretty fascinating for a young boy. The two baby blues I saw pictures of have red interiors, mine has yellow. I wonder if mine is more rare yet. My real one had a blue interior. Definitely a nicer combo

Look up Corgi Toys. They made some cool cars. Mostly British or European. But they did a '59 Chevy I remember, and some others.
Attached Images

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-21-2022 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:58 AM   #2085
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
I never saw one Corgi as a kid. I knew of Corgi toys. I don't remember if I had any. Mostly Matchbox and Hot Wheels. They were cheaper.

If you want a Corgi pup be prepared for the price tag. They aren't cheap. My little girl was $2500. The most that I have ever spent on a dog. And we had to drive to Nevada to get her. I figure with the price of the trip and the money my wife lost gambling it was about 4K by the time we got the puppy home.

Great dogs. But they definitely have an attitude.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:15 AM   #2086
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I never saw one Corgi as a kid. I knew of Corgi toys. I don't remember if I had any. Mostly Matchbox and Hot Wheels. They were cheaper.

If you want a Corgi pup be prepared for the price tag. They aren't cheap. My little girl was $2500. The most that I have ever spent on a dog. And we had to drive to Nevada to get her. I figure with the price of the trip and the money my wife lost gambling it was about 4K by the time we got the puppy home.

Great dogs. But they definitely have an attitude.

those tiny legs lol...
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:03 PM   #2087
cwcarpenter98

The stubby legs are the best

Tim, I like that blue Riviera. That's one of those cars I'd like to own at least for a little bit one day.

Paul, $2500! We got Moose for free, so that was nice, but he was already older. His first owner was a veterinarian, so he was trained really well. Second owner was one of my mom's friends, but that family was more of a cat family, so they gave Moose to another family. The 3rd family had a daughter whose boyfriend gave her a puppy. That family also had a younger boy who tried to keep the two dogs from getting at each other as dogs usually do, so Moose got the boot. Went back to my mom's friend so they could find him a better home. We took care of him over Thanksgiving one year and never gave him back. He was a great pup. Whenever he was outside when my mom was at work, he would always sit at the top of the driveway waiting for her to get back. He was a momma's boy
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:03 PM   #2088
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
The stubby legs are the best

Tim, I like that blue Riviera. That's one of those cars I'd like to own at least for a little bit one day.

Paul, $2500! We got Moose for free, so that was nice, but he was already older. His first owner was a veterinarian, so he was trained really well. Second owner was one of my mom's friends, but that family was more of a cat family, so they gave Moose to another family. The 3rd family had a daughter whose boyfriend gave her a puppy. That family also had a younger boy who tried to keep the two dogs from getting at each other as dogs usually do, so Moose got the boot. Went back to my mom's friend so they could find him a better home. We took care of him over Thanksgiving one year and never gave him back. He was a great pup. Whenever he was outside when my mom was at work, he would always sit at the top of the driveway waiting for her to get back. He was a momma's boy
Moose looks a lot like our previous Corgi, Nacho. She got him for free. He was a momma's boy too. When Nacho passed away my wife was devastated. We both were. That's why I ponied up the bucks for Coco.

She isn't the same dog. But she's kind of is if that makes any sense. They are very much alike.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:29 PM   #2089
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
those tiny legs lol...
Don't underestimate those tiny legs. I know it defies physics but she can outrun my Shepherd.

I don't get it either?

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:08 AM   #2090
LT7A

I've never known one of the Corgi dogs, but they look cute as heck. Didn't know they were so feisty. I did have that 007 car though, and I wonder if it's still around, buried in a box somewhere.

Last edited by LT7A; 01-22-2022 at 05:55 AM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:26 AM   #2091
special-K
Special Order

I watched a thing on YouTube about 18 things Wales is best known for. Sounded like a snooty Brit to me. He tells about Tom Jones and some other insignificant things and left out one I feel is important, at least in American history. Tom Jones is a person who happens to be from Wales. Wales isn't known for Tom Joneses, Tom Jones is known for being from Wales, that's all. He is well known for being a performer. Anyway, no mention of Welsh Corgis, which is their actual name, like German Shephard.

I didn't think of those cute little big dogs, but I did comment on something else that has to do why many Americans have Welsh ancestry is due to their superior iron working skills. The B & O Railroad was America's first commercial railroad and Welsh iron workers were sought after to immigrate and facilitate the making of some of the first iron rails made in America. So their iron working skills were obviously well know dating farther back than that. My great grandfather was one of those who came to work at the Mount Savage Iron Works in the town of the same name, just outside Cumberland, Maryland where the C & O Canal had been built to. This is big US history right there. The rails made there way east on the canal boats to build the rails west. I got a lot of kudos from those with Welsh ancestry from as far as Australia. No comment from the snooty Brit, though And I delivered ny comment with great diplomacy, as not to offend

Tim

Old 01-22-2022, 01:59 PM   #2092
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Sugar Cookies to start off the day. I ran out of Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday so I needed to bake something. I tried this recipe once before but it called for orange juice and I didn't care for them. I left the orange juice out and put chocolate milk in place of it. They taste a lot better this time. YUMMMMY!

Mouse droppings on some, plain white frosting others and some plain.

I had to put my initials on the big one so no one would eat it....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:08 PM   #2093
LT7A

Haha, mouse droppings. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat chocolate sprinkles again. By the way, Australians have a really peculiar name for sprinkles, does anybody else know what it is?
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:55 PM   #2094
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Haha, mouse droppings. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat chocolate sprinkles again. By the way, Australians have a really peculiar name for sprinkles, does anybody else know what it is?
Yeah. Thanks for ruining chocolate sprinkles for me too Leon.

They really do look like mouse poop.

I have no idea what the Australians call sprinkles... Dingo's?

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-22-2022, 06:09 PM   #2095
72c20customcamper

Made headway on the vanity .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:35 PM   #2096
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Are you going to skin that vanity, or are you going for rustic? I want a new vanity in the front bathroom and have enough oak to do it, but the wife's probably going to want particle board with melamine. I have to pick the right fights.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:17 PM   #2097
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Are you going to skin that vanity, or are you going for rustic? I want a new vanity in the front bathroom and have enough oak to do it, but the wife's probably going to want particle board with melamine. I have to pick the right fights.
The oak came out of my barn . Not sure how old the oak is but the barn pre-dates the civil war these were in the horse stalls , so they have been added later. Just going to oil them up let the 100 + year patina show

Test piece the darker area is BLO the center is clear laquer far right natural . I like the natural but in a bath it needs to be sealed
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 01-22-2022 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:42 PM   #2098
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Thanks for the reply. I'd oil it and then apply water-based poly or pre-cat lacquer, personally. It's an interior bath with no windows, so I need to keep the off-gassing to a minimum.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:49 PM   #2099
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Cleaned out storage shed some. This was the shop temp in the "heat" of the day. Losing my Yankee roots. This too cold to piddle outside now days
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:22 PM   #2100
3757chevy

Shucks Bill ...it was warmer than that here today.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote