The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-17-2022, 10:27 PM   #1
68Gold/white

Something cool that has happened to you, by being a member here???

I went through the region members in the state of Iowa. I was born there, moved to Oklahoma when I was 17 (1976), have lived in Oklahoma, since.

Any who, I send a PM to a member, that only gave a general description of where he lived (I think that’s a good thing to do....).
2-3 years go by, he’s not active here much, obviously.
BUT, he did finally respond to my PM, sometime this last year.

He does live in my old home town. I thought THAT was pretty cool to have contact with someone currently living there.

Mind you I have not lived there since 1970. Most of my generation has moved away or their family has passed on, life goes on....

I exchanged a couple of emails with him. Told him about the old Skelly station my Dad operated till 1970. He tells me he worked there asa teen, for the folks that operated it after my family moved away!!! That was cool!!

Then I tell him the house I lived in, until we moved away........he said he about fell over, his residence is my old childhood home!!!

I’m looking forward to visiting him and his family, when the world gets righted, again!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:05 PM   #2
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Something cool that has happened to you, by being a member here???

Really, the coolest thing to me is a great group of members. And without them I couldn't have restored my truck right.

Only thing I can think of on a personal level is I looked for rear glass moldings years ago, and a guy name Frank chimed in. He was traveling from down south and brought them with him, so I met him at the trailer park he was staying at, beer and a smoke, very neat guy. Real nice trim and he wanted nothing for them. One is still in the process of being renewed, again, third (*&)^^ time. The first guy was useless, second perfect but a big ooooops shipping it back.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:40 PM   #3
Low Elco

The friends I've made due to being here. Great people. Most of the people I currently have contact with in life are on here in one capacity or another. A couple have gotten me into things I never would have imagined I'd do.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:48 PM   #4
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

I’ve met a bunch of great people on here.
Some life long friends.
Still the best truck board for info, parts, and people.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:07 AM   #5
davischevy

I was staying at a motel in Corbin KY on a business trip. I noticed a cool Longhorn in the parking lot. I struck up a conversation with the owner and it turned out to be Georgia Parts from the board.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:31 AM   #6
joedoh

agreed, great bunch of guys here, the ratio is like like 9999 to 1 dynamite human beings.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:16 AM   #7
cwcarpenter98

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I was staying at a motel in Corbin KY on a business trip. I noticed a cool Longhorn in the parking lot. I struck up a conversation with the owner and it turned out to be Georgia Parts from the board.
You mean Southern Parts? He's a great guy.

Because of this board, I was able to get the overdrive trans for my truck and some patch pieces for my cab. Every person I've met from this board has been one of those people you always want to hang out with again.

Edit: Almost forgot the compression tester a member sent me and some sheet metal parts from another member

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson

Last edited by cwcarpenter98; 01-19-2022 at 05:17 PM.
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:12 AM   #8
67C10Step

The folks and the knowledge of this board is beyond compare. About three years ago when I got my truck I looked around on the internet at many forums but this one seemed to be the best by far so I joined up.
Since that time I have learned many things, met many great people, and have purchased and gotten stuff from a lot of members. Which reminds me, I need to pay up so I can see if I can start to get rid of my extras now.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:40 AM   #9
fun in dirt

The knowledge shared here is awesome but the people you meet because of it all is definitely the coolest ... like when GerhardH came from Germany to visit America and stayed at our house. Then GMan (George), who I had also never met, drove down the next day. We cooked out & just simply talked about trucks, each others lives & countries ... a once in a life time experience for all of us that I would have never been a part of without this site!
'06 Silverado SS...DD
'06 C1500 WT...DD
'07 Classic C1500 WT...DD
Built & sold cause can't keep 'em all:
'72 Blazer "The Bucket" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=433190
'55 Chevy straight axle gasser https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173938
'69 Pro Street Chevelle http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332541
'86 M1031 CUCV http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=553619
fun in dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:18 AM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

To many to list. Lifetime friendships would be the most important.

This community as a whole has done so much for each other over the years.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:34 AM   #11
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I met EdB, as well as many others, in 2002 when I joined. Turns out it took the Internet to find someone 6 miles from my house. Ed and I became super good friends. Unfortunately he passed in July 2021. He left me his old faithful 70, which he had since 1978. It will be with me till I go and hopefully someone (possibly in family) will love and continue its care after me.

One of the many excursions Ed and I did with the 70, bringing home one of the WWII aircraft/tank engines he had.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:21 PM   #12
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

I have been here for a short time 20 years. I have made several long term friends and have found my long term truck here.
Attached Images

oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:17 PM   #13
Ironhorse

Far and away the coolest thing that has happened to me is just meeting with so many like minded truck folks both personally thru the years and thru the internet. Too many to list by name from the 20 plus years I have been a member. Learned so much from the board here on trucks of all the years and series and still regard myself as in the learning process. This is my go-to place at least 4-5 times a day just to look in and browse the forums. May not always log in but I'm there in the back ground reading and learning. Thanks so much to Josh, Liz and all the moderators for keeping this running on an even keel and thanks to all the members here who participate to keep it an active and viable learning tool and experience.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:45 PM   #14
1968k20

I would have to say the people that I met
Yanmar Tractor 3 Cyl Diesel
1968k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:09 AM   #15
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I have to say it's the friends I've made here. Some I've met in person and those I haven't met in person but I still consider them friends. I can say I have friends from all over the place.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:22 AM   #16
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
I went through the region members in the state of Iowa. I was born there, moved to Oklahoma when I was 17 (1976), have lived in Oklahoma, since.

Any who, I send a PM to a member, that only gave a general description of where he lived (I think that’s a good thing to do....).
2-3 years go by, he’s not active here much, obviously.
BUT, he did finally respond to my PM, sometime this last year.

He does live in my old home town. I thought THAT was pretty cool to have contact with someone currently living there.

Mind you I have not lived there since 1970. Most of my generation has moved away or their family has passed on, life goes on....

I exchanged a couple of emails with him. Told him about the old Skelly station my Dad operated till 1970. He tells me he worked there asa teen, for the folks that operated it after my family moved away!!! That was cool!!

Then I tell him the house I lived in, until we moved away........he said he about fell over, his residence is my old childhood home!!!

I’m looking forward to visiting him and his family, when the world gets righted, again!!!
When you come up this way let us know. Maybe we can get some of the Iowa members together and do a get together. How crazy is it that your old house is his now?

I have to say the coolest thing that has happened to me from joining this site is the friendships created from being on here. I've made some really great friendships from people all over the country I wouldn't have been able to without this site. I even helped a member from New York get his truck back once after it fell off a rolled semi transport. This board definitely is more about just trucks and it is awesome!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:13 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

I've been trying to think of the coolest specific thing that has come from from being a member and I can't think of a single thing. What's that? Who said you know I'm kidding, step forward now! Whoa nelly, that's a heap of members. Have we met before?

Nah, just can't single one thing out. Too many good things to list. If I had to pick one it would be all the friends made here on the board as much as well as in the flesh. I feel like the ones I haven't met in the flesh are as much friend as those I have met, just hasn't happened yet. My dream is to get my '67 built (big dream, right?) and take trips on 2-lanes through parts of America coast to coast, stopping in on members along the way. I'm talking many trips, big and small. And anyone here is welcome as my guest here (after a background check, of course... and not talking months, right?)

I bought seats and a posi 3.42 gear set from Dan Kratz in Georgia. Met up at Charlotte where he let me stay on his spots right in the infield. That was a cool night spent right there.

I drove to Pensacola to pick up the rolling chassis I'm building my '67 on from Rob Hart. Unfortunately he was out of town and another member, Bowtie Ogre, handled things for him. Ogre's son was having his 1st birthday, his wife worked for Hampton Inn, and he got me a deep discount by claiming I was an uncle from out of town. On my way down, I met a member (Stingray?) in the Bell South parking lot in Atlanta around 6:30 am, to grab the GMC grille I bought from him. On the way home the plan was to stop in way SW VA at Bills Bowtie to load a SWB bed and another bed floor onto the chassis. I had mechanical issues north of Chatanooga that forced me to abort that plan. I had to forfit my deposit and apologize.

I bought a No-Spin HO52 and a 4wd 4spd from Rustbucket in VA, not far from here. Went to his place, met him and got the trans. But the rear was in Massachusetts where he is from (military). I ran up there for that, met his brother, and made it back to NJ the next afternoon. I took a nap on the beach while JC was at work. After work I got to his place to load up the 327/TH400 and buddy buckets I had bought. That was the second time I went up to his place. The first time I picked up a set of 16.5 x 8.25 8-lug turbines.

And that reminds me of maybe the coolest thing, other than the hundred or more members I've met at Carlisle events. I had bought a set of 12.50/37-16.5 Super Swampers from VT Blazer. I also bought a '71 SWB K/10 from 6T727T2 in NJ. Chevy Fatman had bought a full set on Suburban seats w/buddy buckets from 6T727T2 as well. Oh, and I had bought a 67/68 louvered hood from a member (forget his name) in NH as well. VT Blazer decided he would load the tires up, stop for my hood in NH, then down to NJ to load the K/10 on his trailer with the seats in the bed, and run on down for fuel money. I had also bought a radio delete cowl from JC, so he came down with his daughter Cheyenne, Chevy Fatman came down from PA, and Panhandler came from WVA with his wife for a quickly thrown together shindig of a cookout. It was cruise-in night at Jimmy Cone in town and we checked that out. VT Blazer stayed over and we hit the 4 Seasons breakfast buffet before he headed back. I think that was the best single thing that has happened thanks to joining this truck board.

There were other parts runs/meet ups, near and far, but I'm running out of pecker power

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-22-2022 at 09:19 AM.
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:50 PM   #18
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

I got to meet Liz and Josh in person and drove 400 miles to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 02:35 AM   #19
Mudder

Met lots of really great members from the site over the years.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:41 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Something really cool happened just last weekend. I made two friends here when I first joined, brothers in PA about 2 hrs from me. We have had many interactions in the real world over the years. This is Jimer 64 and GTO Mech. I could write a small book on all our interactions. I'm sure I've told some of them here.

Well, they are both FB friends from when I joined and tried it out. Didn't like it and it's rare I ever go there. But I got an e-mail about Jim's birthday recently, and within a week I got notified about Jeff's. When wishing him a happy birthday I noticed he had two mutual friends, one was a guy with the same last name as theirs and the other was my old brother-in-law, Grant, my now deceased sister was first married to, but got divorced from sometime around 1980. She remarried in Taos, NM but passed away from a brain aneurism in '91. I asked Jim who this guy was and it's his cousin. So his cousin is a friend of my old B.I.L. I asked Jim to see how long his cousin has known Grant and would like to know if he knew my sister Heather. She was a wonderful charismatic and very dynamic person and I would love to talk to someone who knew her.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote