The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2022, 01:17 AM   #26
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: I swear I don't get the entitlement of people sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Sounds like the 1800s in the Wild West! Maybe the guy has watched too many episodes of Yellowstone or Longmire!

I have to wonder what's going through someone's brain when his first instinct is to come out with a shotgun. Many of my friends have guns, but you'd never know it. They keep them handy, but concealed.
I have to say that he has a LOT of very cool expensive stuff. And he didn't know me from a hole in the wall. Once he realized that I was legit. The shotgun went away and the beer came out. He's a nice guy. But protective. Sometimes you have to earn someone's trust. Fair enough in my book. I'm not a thief. I'm just an idiot.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:49 AM   #27
whitedog76

Back to the entitlement topic... My mother in law lives in a small town here in Central Illinois, same place, same house for 50+ years. She has a driveway, and garage. Her neighbors across the street don't, they park on the street. When it snows, they park their vehicles, along with their teenage kids vehicles on her side of the road. After the snow plow goes through, they move them back to their side. NEVER have they offered to scoop out the end of her driveway or around her mail box. Maybe she should greet them with a shotgun.
whitedog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:09 PM   #28
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedog76 View Post
Back to the entitlement topic... My mother in law lives in a small town here in Central Illinois, same place, same house for 50+ years. She has a driveway, and garage. Her neighbors across the street don't, they park on the street. When it snows, they park their vehicles, along with their teenage kids vehicles on her side of the road. After the snow plow goes through, they move them back to their side. NEVER have they offered to scoop out the end of her driveway or around her mail box. Maybe she should greet them with a shotgun.
It's possible one or more of the cars could accidentally get a flat tire while they're on her side of the road!
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:25 PM   #29
whitedog76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
It's possible one or more of the cars could accidentally get a flat tire while they're on her side of the road!
I know it's a free country and they can park where they want. But , purposefully making sure your side of the road is clear and there is a car width swath of snow in front of your neighbor's... COME ON!!!
whitedog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:20 PM   #30
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedog76 View Post
I know it's a free country and they can park where they want. But , purposefully making sure your side of the road is clear and there is a car width swath of snow in front of your neighbor's... COME ON!!!
Maybe some short 2x4's with Long nails in them to scotch there wheels on the rear PS wheel next time?
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote