The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
rdsmith93

1990 K1500 4x4 Clutch/Trans Issue PLEASE HELP

I'm beginning to think this truck is possessed. I have replaced entire clutch assembly, clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and clutch fork but it will not go into any gear with the engine running. I have bled the system several times and have a good pedal but when I try to put it into gear with the engine on and pedal down, it wants to creep forward. It will not go into any gear with the pedal down. Engine off it shifts through all gears nice and smooth. I have had several people tell me " oh it's this for sure " so I replace that item with no changes whatsoever. I have been fighting this issue on my back in the cold Indiana weather for over a week now and after replacing all those items, the truck is doing the exact same thing it did before I changed anything. I need help!!
rdsmith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
ChevyTech

Re: 1990 K1500 4x4 Clutch/Trans Issue PLEASE HELP

People tend to put the throw-out bearing the the fork wrong. Do and internet search and see if you can find a good illustration.

I have run into several rebuilt pressure plates that had the save problem, that the clutch will not fully release.

Welcome to the board!
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
rdsmith93

Re: 1990 K1500 4x4 Clutch/Trans Issue PLEASE HELP

Throwout bearing is in correctly. I have had it apart 3 times now and made sure it was in right every time.
rdsmith93 is offline   Reply With Quote