The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #1
zicc1835

The Doc & Kim 69 build

I need to start this build thread before i get to far into this.....I bought this Truck this past May met Abe (Doc) & his wife Kim great people flew out to Michigan Doc picked me up from Detroit Metro. We spent a day and a half putting her back on a frame for a 12 hour fun ride back to Jersey haven't done much until now. I sold the LWBFS bed in August and bought at TriPlus SWBFS bed from ABS up in Conn.I bought a 350 out of a 70 Burb with 65000k on it and a 700r4 i will use one of the open 373 rears i have and eventually will try to trade to something more highway. before this week i have just been collecting parts. I want to be able to cruise at a top speed of 80-85 @ low rpms. I'm going to insulate this cab and and keep it quite with some cooool climate control and toned down flow masters. I want to make a nice quite cruiser out of this truck and have fun driving her.Abe was going to build her for his wife but some issues got in his way and he made the decision to let this truck begin a new life with me.It has a great paint job on it was an Arizona truck so little to no rust on her Just a tad down by the kick on drivers side. I only hope i can match the color on the bed when i am ready to paint. I had previously purchased a SWB frame for another project but came buy this deal and want to make it a short bed. So come along for the ride if you want . My plan is to strip an get the frame presentable over the winter.drop the drive train in by spring and see if i can get her on the road by mid or late summer that may be a aggressive goal cause i still have a full time job and travel a lot. I can't / won't post any more pics until i figure out how to get them rotated
Attached Images

zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote