The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2020, 10:34 PM   #1
Jcfcamaro

Finally got burned

I've been looking for some good used 3.73 gears for my 72 k10 I'm building and found a set for the 12 bolt rearend on one of the 67-72 Facebook forums. The guy said he needed to do some work on the rearend and went ahead and had the shop put new gears ,bearings ect in it. So I asked if they were gm gears and if they had any rust,pits,chips ect. He replied they are gm and no rust or pits. Well they came today and are pitted real bad and also have huge chips in several teeth. So I contacted him telling him the condition and he says they looked fine to him which they were dirty and I cleaned them up in the parts washer,but here where it gets interesting, I wasn't real mad because it's a mistake anyone could have made but he tells me to send them back and he'll refund the money less his shipping cost. So 75.00 gears which cost him 33.45 to ship and I'm assuming will cost me the same to return will end up with like 8.00 back. I told him I didn't think that was fair and put himself in my shoes,and that he told me they had no pits or chips ect. His comeback was that he's been in my shoes and either send them back or keep them. What a asshole... I've bought alot of parts over the last 10yrs or so and probably surprised it hasn't happened before now.
Attached Images

Jcfcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote