The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
lux

Big surprise on the freeway today

There was a medium quik slow down, when I went to brake a little fast (not slamming them on) all four wheels locked up and I ended up in the next lane. Kinda scary, lucky no one was in the next lane.
I have hydro assist and this weekend I thought I adjusted the Wilwood proportioning valve correctly. Needless to say I backed the valve off some when I got home.
All in all a good leaning experiance. No antilock brakes means I need to pay some attention on that damn overcrowded I-35.
Any body ever heard of an aftermarket anti lock kit?
lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Big surprise on the freeway today

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
There was a medium quik slow down, when I went to brake a little fast (not slamming them on) all four wheels locked up and I ended up in the next lane. Kinda scary, lucky no one was in the next lane.
I have hydro assist and this weekend I thought I adjusted the Wilwood proportioning valve correctly. Needless to say I backed the valve off some when I got home.
All in all a good leaning experiance. No antilock brakes means I need to pay some attention on that damn overcrowded I-35.
Any body ever heard of an aftermarket anti lock kit?
They're being used on high end builds where engineering is a priority but not a 'hot item' sales wise. Bosch is the most common I've read about on the Pro-Touring type car builds. But, they're not OE exact as far as expected functionality & I would bet you need to know alot about their set-up requirements.

Dialing in newer brakes on older iron w/the adjustable prop valve is still the more traditional approach.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:01 PM   #3
lux

Re: Big surprise on the freeway today

Yes, I did see the Bosch set up. That question was more out of curiosity. It all seems like a lot of complication.
What I really need to do is learn how to dial in the prop valve. I think I have it right now. Mostly I need to remember that it does not have ABS and watch the road a little closer.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote