The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
seatacwhat

Hey new here just stopping in to introduce myself !!!!

Hey,
name is Ron and i am from Seattle,Wa. I am going to start work on a 67 chev short bed and it needs some work thats for sure.

my brother has had this truck for a few years and had planned on restoring it over the next 12 years with plans on have it all complete and finished for his daughter for when she was 18. Well at age 32 my little brother Chris passed away on December 21, 2009 caused by a seizure. Chris and i were brothers and also best friends. We were very close, we have had people say they envy us for the type of friendship Chris and i had.

So with that being said, I was given his pride n joy his 1967 chevy short bed. The catch, now its up to me to do what my little brother did not get to do and that is restore this truck for his daughter my niece and have it done withing 12 years for when she graduates high school. There are stipulations of course. She must graduate high school, she cant be into using drugs or alcohol, and she must be responsible and on the right path in life. That also is part of my responsibility now that my brother is not hear to do it.

most would think i was nuts for putting my money and time in this truck just to give away when i was finished restoring it but to me its really important that i do do this for my brother because it meant so much to him and he meant that much and more too me.

So this truck needs quite a bit of work and i know some stuff about doing things to make the truck better but my brother was the mechanic and car guy. Dont get me wrong i am very much a car and truck guy but as i said my bro was the mechanic and knew much more about autos than i do.

So any advise and where to even begin would be a great help for me since i have no clue where to even begin. I was gonna order the new pain free wiring harness because how bad the wiring is in the truck and i dont want no electrical fires. Then i thought why go do that first when it be pointless to run new wire and set it all up when during the process of restoring truck id just half to rip it all out at some point. I know the body is going to half to come off the frame to put new bushings on the truck and i know that at that point im gonna end up replacing other stuff once get the cab and bed off.

I dont know and that seems to be the issue. So as i said any advice on where to start or advice on anything would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance and i hope to get to know all of you that have a great passion for the trucks they own and could be a great teacher or adviser on helping me with this project.

have pictures but to large for max file size allowed on forum so here is link to pictures on photobucket. I hope i do this right. guess find out if not

In Memory Of Christopher M Codoni
9/15/1977 to 12/21/2009
R.I.P Little Brother
seatacwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
geezer#99

Re: Hey new here just stopping in to introduce myself !!!!

Welcome from your neighbour across the pond.
Nice project. Looks like it has good bones.
First thing to do IMHO. Get it running. Nothing like the satisfaction in getting the old girl mobile. Then tackle the rest. Steering and brakes are a priority. Then just do one piece of the puzzle at a time.
Once again WELCOME
geezer#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
jayman68
Fun Stuff

Welcome from Skagit county, just up the road. I hope things go well for you. Good luck with the build. Looks like a good starting point.

68 C10(project)
88 Honda Accord(DD)
93 Chevy Astro EXT 2wd
jayman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Welcome aboard from Shawnee, KS!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
AZChevyland

This is a great thing your doing. You will get a lot of satisfaction from building this for your neice and for your Bro. Sounds like he would love it. My son and i are just starting a 76 C10 also. Picts are in my welcome introduction we just did last week. So welcome aboard.!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 AM   #6
seatacwhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZChevyland View Post
This is a great thing your doing. You will get a lot of satisfaction from building this for your neice and for your Bro. Sounds like he would love it. My son and i are just starting a 76 C10 also. Picts are in my welcome introduction we just did last week. So welcome aboard.!!!
thanks everyone. AZCHEVYLAND,,,,,,,, thats a nice 67 you are working with. looks like its in great shape
seatacwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
1ATony

That's pretty cool. You're going to get a ton more enjoyment seeing the project finished and your niece happy driving it around as her dad had planned.

Hop in and let her drive you to a cruise night.

T
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #8
butternut1972

Welcome from down south.You will find a ton knowledge here and a bunch of great people.
butternut1972 is offline   Reply With Quote