The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
realsales87

84K10 Sliding Rear Window Issue **HELP/ADVICE**

Hi Everyone,
I have a 1984 K10 with a factory sliding rear window. I had the truck painted and removed the rear sliding window. The gasket was also shot. So I decided to buy a new rear sliding window from LMC (a CRLawrence window came). I also ordered the gasket from LMC. It stated that "rear window rubber does not fit trucks with factor sliding windows." I thought this meant the gasket wouldn't fit MY original GM sliding rear window but figured it wouldn't be an issue because I was purchasing an aftermarket slider.

Issue: Window and rubber came in the mail, installed on my truck and it is was soooo tight that I couldn't move the rear sliding window at all. I called CRLawrence and they recommended I order their gasket which I did. I just installed it and again, soooo tight I cannot open or close the rear slider. Has anyone had this issue? Is the K10 with factory sliding window rear window opening the same as the C10 rear window opening? HELP, I've put this window in and out 3 or 4 times now and I'm not sure what to do here.

Thank you in advance.
realsales87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
sweetk30

Re: 84K10 Sliding Rear Window Issue **HELP/ADVICE**

there is 2 styles of window / gasket .

solid glass gasket and slider that fits that seal also . slider will have a lip all the way around it to simulate a solid glass for it to hold/seal to .

then slider only gasket much fatter channel for window to fit in . and only used for that style slider window.

this is all i know .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ive popped out OEM gaskets with the solid rear window and installed aftermarket sliders without issue... are you sure that your slider is seated in the correct channel correctly as is the gasket once mounted in the cab?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
realsales87

@sweetk30 I believe I have the correct gasket for the slider with the correct channels. Thank you for this info.

@old rusty c10 I believe the window and gasket are seated properly, the window and gasket appear tight all the way around but the sliding window wont open. I'm now starting to wonder if the window opening is bent or something which could cause this issue. Thank you for your replies.
realsales87 is offline   Reply With Quote