The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > News

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2023, 11:11 AM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Todays Spotlight is on 71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Todays spotlight is on 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 and here is his story

click here for the discussion post

I purchased my 71 C-10 Custom Deluxe in 1989, and am the second owner. The original owner special ordered it locally with an interest in recreation. The truck had everything from a boat launching hitch to a CB, fifth wheel, camper, step bumper, saddle tanks and camper mirrors. He even ordered leaf springs, so that with a SWB makes this frame very rare. Rare doesn’t mean desirable, it’s about impossible to obtain bumper brackets for this frame. For the poor soul☺ who he needs them, a good set of OEM “coil spring” brackets are a good start for welds, cuts and re-drill. Those are the set with shorter inner brackets. Bumper placement approx. 8” behind the frame rail should about do it, at least for a sport bumper.

Name:  C10 truck in Yard.jpg
Views: 41695
Size:  45.6 KB

Never mind I had very little knowledge of Chevy, I knew near nothing about mechanics when I bought this truck. I wasn’t exposed to it, and to some extent feared doing things I’d never done before. 4-5K in tools & materials later I’ve learned so much. I only knew the truck was cool with something called a big block. It was parked on a corner of the main drag, inside my old territory. Literally, I had a paper route or two as a kid. I know the area so well even my ex-wife worked a few doors down for many years. Heck I was chased by a dog two doors down, you got to watch out for some white labs man, a good Schwinn bike does the trick though. That tiny car lot is so small it remains a car lot 10 business names later, the space is otherwise useless.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote