The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
xwecer

1965 C10 Turquoise Interior

Working on a '65 that originally was turquoise but someone long ago in a far away galaxy painted it maroon. The truck has the custom tag and paint code 540. I found a site that shows the interior of the truck should have been turquoise. I thought they were all fawn with a few exceptions, anyone know if this is true? Can't seem to find any pics of mid 60's but found several '67 and later. There is a PDF file attached that shows the the color combinations too
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Turquoise Interior.pdf (65.0 KB, 341 views)
xwecer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:52 PM   #2
oem4me

Re: 1965 C10 Turquoise Interior

If your truck is Chevrolet C10, it was fawn on the inside. That chart pertains to Corvair trucks. For C-10's and C20's at least, fawn was it. Only possible difference was a red trimmed seat if the outside of the truck was red , white, or gray. Examples of those are very hard to find these days.
GMC is different. Those trucks had a few options, with turquoise being one of them. Not sure on the what our why for GMC seat and dash colors, but they did vary a little.
Bottom line for your 510 turquoise C10 is that it was fawn with a black floor mat.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:47 AM   #3
xwecer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
If your truck is Chevrolet C10, it was fawn on the inside. That chart pertains to Corvair trucks. For C-10's and C20's at least, fawn was it. Only possible difference was a red trimmed seat if the outside of the truck was red , white, or gray. Examples of those are very hard to find these days.
GMC is different. Those trucks had a few options, with turquoise being one of them. Not sure on the what our why for GMC seat and dash colors, but they did vary a little.
Bottom line for your 510 turquoise C10 is that it was fawn with a black floor mat.
Posted via Mobile Device
xwecer is offline   Reply With Quote