The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Speedracer39

Has anyone installed a type 2 power steering pump

I’m thinking of installing vintage air on my big block currently I have a long water pump and a 3 core factory radiator. I have about 3/4 of inch clearance between clutch fan and radiator this is why I’m swapping to a short water pump . I’m looking at the complete accessory serpentine kits and they are set up to use the newer type 2 power steering pump and was wondering how they compare to the older style.
Speedracer39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:22 PM   #2
sauxs

Re: Has anyone installed a type 2 power steering pump

Hayden makes a shorter version of their heavy duty fan clutch #2747. The shorter version is #2947. I had the same issue on a first gen Camaro, with the 2747. Changed to a 2947 and problem is solved.
Would be a much cheaper solution, unless you just want to go to a short water pump and a serpentine setup.
sauxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
Speedracer39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauxs View Post
Hayden makes a shorter version of their heavy duty fan clutch #2747. The shorter version is #2947. I had the same issue on a first gen Camaro, with the 2747. Changed to a 2947 and problem is solved.
Would be a much cheaper solution, unless you just want to go to a short water pump and a serpentine setup.
I’ll actually already using the 2947 fan clutch the truck was originally a small block when I purchased it had a big block with long water pump and had the alternator mounted on passenger side, I recently built a 496 and want to add the a/c compressor on passenger side and put the alternator back on drivers side and a short water pump that being said is why I either need to find a big block power steering pump and remote tank or go with a type 2 pump and all the correct pulleys
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Speedracer39 is offline   Reply With Quote