The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2021, 08:03 PM   #26
Killer Bee

Re: I got ripped off

like you, the money wouldn't bother me near as much as messin' with my woman's feelings..

it may comfort your missus to know that although the pooch you were shown wasn't delivered, it probably wasn't ever even in the thief's posession either, just stolen images..

point being that although it's not yours it most likely isn't the thief's either and is most likely in the loving home of the actual owner..

as for treatment of thieves, forum rules prohibit the expression of my feelings but if you ever need a hand.....
Old 04-14-2021, 10:50 PM   #27
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
like you, the money wouldn't bother me near as much as messin' with my woman's feelings..

it may comfort your missus to know that although the pooch you were shown wasn't delivered, it probably wasn't ever even in the thief's posession either, just stolen images..

point being that although it's not yours it most likely isn't the thief's either and is most likely in the loving home of the actual owner..

as for treatment of thieves, forum rules prohibit the expression of my feelings but if you ever need a hand.....
Thanks. The money ticked me off. But not nearly as much as the disappointment in my wife's eyes. That made my blood boil. I was seeing red. She already lost her precious dog and this was just salt in the wounds.She was so excited. It's hard to watch someone you love getting hurt.I was just trying to do something nice for her and it completely backfired.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:54 AM   #28
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I just sent the nastiest filthiest email that I ever sent in my life to the seller. It was full of expletives about his mother and his sister. And a whole lot of F bombs got dropped. I told him that I hoped he died of ass cancer.

I know it won't do any good. He doesn't care. But it made me feel better. I was mad because my bank said I was out of luck on the money and the dog tag for Coco showed up yesterday with her name on it. My wife cried because there is no Coco. I was fuming. So I unloaded on the thieving bastard. At the very least. I got a good laugh out of cussing him out. There's not much more that I can do except blow off some steam.

I hope he actually reads it
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:20 AM   #29
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post

I hope he actually reads it
Me too. But the website has mysteriously disappeared. So I think that I was just shouting at the wind. They're long gone. But there is a new website that looks suspiciously like the other. A little too much.

I think about going on the new site under my stage name. So if it is the same people they wont recognize my name and I can screw with them. I have a seperate email for business reasons under a different name with a different mailing address. I have an alias. Two different people online.

They won't know who I am but I'll know who they are and I'm pissed.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:20 PM   #30
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

HE'S BACK!

I just saw the exact same website. Same dog, same pictures. It's the same person doing it again.

So I went in under my alias and applied for a puppy. They replied with the exact same email as the first time. They obviously didn't know who I was. Just as planned.

If the last obscenity laden message that I sent them was foul, it had nothing on this next one. It was REALLY bad.

I wish that I could report them to someone. But who? It's just not right what they're doing. But I don't know a way to tip people off that this is just a scam.

So for now I just cuss them out.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:55 PM   #31
treveiger

It's a real common scam. We see it all the time unfortunately. My recommendation is check your local animal shelters and rescues. A lot of puppies come through them for much cheaper then breeders. We've adopted our last foster for $200. To buy him from a breeder he would have been $1500-$2000. He's also came fully vetted which is a plus. If your looking for a specific breed I can help find a rescue that specializes in them. Just need to know what kind.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:30 AM   #32
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treveiger View Post
It's a real common scam. We see it all the time unfortunately. My recommendation is check your local animal shelters and rescues. A lot of puppies come through them for much cheaper then breeders. We've adopted our last foster for $200. To buy him from a breeder he would have been $1500-$2000. He's also came fully vetted which is a plus. If your looking for a specific breed I can help find a rescue that specializes in them. Just need to know what kind.
I wanted to adopt a German Shepherd from our local shelter. But my wife thought introducing a full grown dog with our dogs might not be such a good idea. And a woman at her work knew the dog and said it was a "Biter" I spoke with the guy at the shelter and he told me the the dog "Had a problem with manners" So that didn't sound like it would work. Red flag. Someone else got the dog. So it did get adopted. Which is good.

We were looking for a Pembroke Welsh Corgi like the one we had. As luck would have it my wife went to get her hair done and the woman that does her hair had a Corgi running around and gave her a referral to where she got it. My wife was all over it and now we have a road trip coming up to Henderson Nevada when the pup is ready to go. My wife has been on the phone with the woman and she seems legitimate and my wifes friend got her Corgi from her. So she has a good referral.

This is the most expensive dog I've ever bought. And the farthest I've ever had to drive for a dog. But if it makes my wife happy it's worth it.

Corgi's are great dogs. Small but tough as nails. And if the Queen of England can have one so can my wife. I'll see to that.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 04-30-2021, 03:53 PM   #33
treveiger

Quote:
I wanted to adopt a German Shepherd from our local shelter. But my wife thought introducing a full grown dog with our dogs might not be such a good idea. And a woman at her work knew the dog and said it was a "Biter" I spoke with the guy at the shelter and he told me the the dog "Had a problem with manners" So that didn't sound like it would work. Red flag. Someone else got the dog. So it did get adopted. Which is good.

We were looking for a Pembroke Welsh Corgi like the one we had. As luck would have it my wife went to get her hair done and the woman that does her hair had a Corgi running around and gave her a referral to where she got it. My wife was all over it and now we have a road trip coming up to Henderson Nevada when the pup is ready to go. My wife has been on the phone with the woman and she seems legitimate and my wifes friend got her Corgi from her. So she has a good referral.

This is the most expensive dog I've ever bought. And the farthest I've ever had to drive for a dog. But if it makes my wife happy it's worth it.

Corgi's are great dogs. Small but tough as nails. And if the Queen of England can have one so can my wife. I'll see to that.

Glad to hear you found someone who is legit. It's hard to know anymore but if you know someone who has dealt with them in the past that's always a huge plus.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:06 PM   #34
AussieinNC

Fleetside Paul

Am about to PM you re this....

Bill

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:02 AM   #35
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Thank you Bill. The website is gone again. They don't keep it up long. These people are slick. Hit and run. I'll let you know if it comes up again. It's really very cruel what they are doing. Getting someone's hopes up with a lie. Especially someone that has suffered the loss of a beloved dog. That's just mean. I never cared about the money. But they hurt my wife. And I care very much about that.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #36
REDROCKER652002

I will admit I have not read every post in this thread, but I got probably the best dog I ever had at the local shelter. She suffered thru two kids and took it all in stride. She was a Black Lab mix and was the most even tempered dog I had ever had. I will never buy a dog from a breeder or any chain store. Too many dogs out there looking for homes in shelters and rescues. Good luck with your dog and I hope you get one that your wife will love for years to come. RR
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:46 PM   #37
AussieinNC

Quote:
Thank you Bill. The website is gone again. They don't keep it up long. These people are slick. Hit and run. I'll let you know if it comes up again. It's really very cruel what they are doing. Getting someone's hopes up with a lie. Especially someone that has suffered the loss of a beloved dog. That's just mean. I never cared about the money. But they hurt my wife. And I care very much about that.
Look in the web history on your browser...unless you have set the browser to delete history on exit, the web address will be there....

Have several contacts in the hosting world that would enjoy finding these scumbags and filling their web server up with 100 or so million messages....

2012 Chevy Equinox

Old 05-04-2021, 03:56 PM   #38
AussieinNC

Let me take a wild guess...

https://luckycharmwelshcorgi.com/

Is that the site????

2012 Chevy Equinox

Old 05-04-2021, 04:16 PM   #39
AussieinNC

I have found about 20 of these bogus sites so far this afternoon....am reporting each one as I find it....at least I am getting some work done with all these storms...

Folks....please DO NOT buy any animal over the internet...the ads posted are 99.999 % FAKE....

Heck, they even share the same pics....and all sites are hosted in Reykjavik in Iceland....all with ICAAN details "redacted for privacy"...a huge red flag...

Be careful with your hard earned dollars folks...

2012 Chevy Equinox

Old 05-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #40
Killer Bee

hell yah, get 'em - give the enemy no quarter!
Old 05-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #41
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
Let me take a wild guess...

https://luckycharmwelshcorgi.com/

Is that the site????
Nope. It was Hill Park Corgi's AKA Andy's Best Corgi Rescue. I typed it in and it's already all over the net as a scam. How could I have been so stupid?

But as luck would have it. My wife went for a pedicure. The woman she goes to is working out of her home because of Covid. And she had a Corgi running around. My wife asked where she got it. She had a referral. And said that she had already referred 3 people to this breeder in the past and they were all happy with their puppies.

My wife called and BINGO! We leave for Nevada on Thursday to pick up our new puppy.

No internet involved. Just all word of mouth. (The breeder did send pictures) My wife has spoken to the breeder several times. She has a good reputation. We have her name, phone number, and address. And we are the 4th people from around here to get a puppy from her.

I might do some gambling while I'm in Nevada. Which means that this dog might be a lot more expensive than I thought.

CoCo #2

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #42
LT7A

Paul, we'll hope that you win enough money to pay for the trip and the dog.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #43
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Paul, we'll hope that you win enough money to pay for the trip and the dog.
Doubtful. If history repeats itself.

I've never done well in Vegas. I got married there once. It didn't turn out so well.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 05-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #44
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Nope. It was Hill Park Corgi's AKA Andy's Best Corgi Rescue. I typed it in and it's already all over the net as a scam. How could I have been so stupid?

But as luck would have it. My wife went for a pedicure. The woman she goes to is working out of her home because of Covid. And she had a Corgi running around. My wife asked where she got it. She had a referral. And said that she had already referred 3 people to this breeder in the past and they were all happy with their puppies.

My wife called and BINGO! We leave for Nevada on Thursday to pick up our new puppy.

No internet involved. Just all word of mouth. (The breeder did send pictures) My wife has spoken to the breeder several times. She has a good reputation. We have her name, phone number, and address. And we are the 4th people from around here to get a puppy from her.

I might do some gambling while I'm in Nevada. Which means that this dog might be a lot more expensive than I thought.

CoCo #2

My wife says, "Awwwww", and I say "You may pet me now", since that is the pose that our Prince Charles Cavalier Spaniel (mutt mix) assumes when she jumps up on the couch next to someone.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:24 AM   #45
Wobpb377

Cute pupper. I’d highly recommend Pet Insurance. It’s affordable and can help out in the future. For example one of our dogs had cancer, with the treatment and amputation of her leg her medical bills are close to $15k. But she has insurance we we paid about $1500 for the surgery and roughly $40 a month. She’s a pit/lab mix. She’s 11 but we started her insurance when we rescued her at 3, so we have roughly $3800 into her insurance wise. So it has paid for itself easily with this one issue. We use either Trupanion or healthpaws for our kiddos.

For the small doggo we have a lil basket they sit in so they can see out. It’s secured by the seat belt and then there is a lil harness to clip the dog into.
Attached Images

Last edited by Wobpb377; 05-05-2021 at 12:34 AM.
Wobpb377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:17 PM   #46
Boog
laying low

There are no shortage of scammers these days. Just seen on our tv news was a story about 2 guys here in Arkansas who have taken money for 150 pups they never had over the last couple of years to the tune of a couple hundred thousand dollars. They were selling french bullies and something else, no corgis. FBI is down on them now.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:46 AM   #47
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
There are no shortage of scammers these days. Just seen on our tv news was a story about 2 guys here in Arkansas who have taken money for 150 pups they never had over the last couple of years to the tune of a couple hundred thousand dollars. They were selling french bullies and something else, no corgis. FBI is down on them now.
Good. I hope the FBI opens up a can of whoop azz up on them. They not only steal but they get your hopes up. It's just not right.

So. We'll be on our way to the "Silver State' tomorrow. to pick up "Noodles'

I asked my wife if I could stop by the Bunny Ranch ( Hey I'm in the neighborhood) And she said "Sure' as long as I didn't mind walking home to a house with the locks changed.

I'll take that as a "No way'

The breeder sent a pic of Noodles at the vet today getting her shots. This lady has been all over it. Constant communication.

That dog doesn't look happy.I don't think she liked getting her shots

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #48
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

a little over a year ago my wife decided she had to have a fourth freakin daschund. She goes on Pet Finder and finds this dog real cute and all and it was a dappled long hair , something you dont see too often, so i was on board.. ( much like you, Paul, i try to give the wife everything she wants) so anyway i get in contact and this guy wanted me to use some cash thing i never heard of. i told him i could Zelle him money and he finally agreed. For whatever reason Zelle refused to make payment to this guy in Arizona so he suggested i go get Walmart cards that i could send him the numbers on.. I got susp[icious and started googling the address the puppy was at.. not a breeder some house no dogs nothing like any breeder ive seen..well i started asking him how else i could pay ( dog and shipping was like $1500 and suddenly he is gone... i also found out later this guy is a scammer... Apparently these guys arent even in the US they use google images and stuff to look legit and most often they are in Africa or Israel.. Moral of the story i will drive out and meet a breeder and dog in person and im sure i can find something within a days driving if i really want one... Good luck with your new pup.. from what youve said im sure you have a responsible breeder there

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:15 AM   #49
Low Elco

Awwwww... look at that face!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #50
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

The eagle has landed! She's here.

And I only lost a couple hundred bucks at the casino. Not too bad.

Long drive for me. I don't care to drive much these days.

But it worked. This time.

Ignore the ugly old hippie in the picture.

And I don't know why my pants look like they have mud all over them. It must have been a trick of the light.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.