The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2021, 03:48 PM   #76
Undone

Re: DG4 Below eyeline mirrors, replacement elbows and mirror heads

Care to share where you found those?
Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:33 AM   #77
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone View Post
Care to share where you found those?
I assume you are asking about the stainless acorn nuts, they were purchased from Totally Stainless.com.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:47 PM   #78
CS1972

Finally got my truck back from body/paint guy in time to install the correct mirrors (per my SPID) and reassemble the door in order to go to the C10 Nationals. Roger Koop vent windows were perfect, I'm so glad I did that as well. Here's pics of the old mirrors & holes, a look from the window glass inside showing the strands of fiberglass/bondo that was used to fill the original DG4 mirrors, the new DG4 holes and finally the new mirrors installed. The old sport mirror holes were WELDED - No bondo.
Attached Images

1972 Cheyenne Super 1/2 ton LWB 4x4 - Grapefruit Yellow / White
CS1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:04 PM   #79
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Those look great. Truck looks great. Great buy. Love the color combo.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:33 AM   #80
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

They look very nice.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 06:38 AM   #81
Acregger

For those of you with the 69-70 camper mirror with the longer arms, I found these Napa LIT 97748 to work for the elbow. These are the offset arms that measure 4.5x7.5 they worked like a charm for me. Just remember to get a longer bolt to mount to the arms
Acregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:10 PM   #82
sscooter

Howdy Guys...

I've been scouring the site for a while, and hopefully someone knowledgeable in this thread can help. My K20 is almost ready for paint and the bodyshop and the bodyshop would like to drill the new mirro holes before spraying.... I am trying to find a set of the DG4 mirrors (smallest version or "below eyeline" I think they are called?) in stainless similar to the last photo posted of the yellow/white truck posted above.

https://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vbo...1&d=1621280786

Since it looks like we have a good option for the mirror and the elbow...Does anyone know of a source of accurate reproductions of the mounts (tripod) themselves? LMC carries a couple of options, but the stainless tubing does not look correct (especially the top mount as it is only a flat "strap" as opposed to the correct "tube" with squished ends).

Basically, I would love to find a pair of the exact same stainless mirrors as the yellow truck above!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Here's a pic of the K20 before it was stripped down with the "original" (too big for me) mirrors and one of it taken a couple of weeks ago stripped down (original mirror holes welded shut)
Attached Images

Last edited by sscooter; 01-01-2022 at 03:15 PM.
sscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:20 PM   #83
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscooter View Post
Howdy Guys...

I've been scouring the site for a while, and hopefully someone knowledgeable in this thread can help. My K20 is almost ready for paint and the bodyshop and the bodyshop would like to drill the new mirro holes before spraying.... I am trying to find a set of the DG4 mirrors (smallest version or "below eyeline" I think they are called?) in stainless similar to the last photo posted of the yellow/white truck posted above.

Since it looks like we have a good option for the mirror and the elbow...Does anyone know of a source of accurate reproductions of the mounts (tripod) themselves? LMC carries a couple of options, but the stainless tubing does not look correct (especially the top mount as it is only a flat "strap" as opposed to the correct "tube" with squished ends).

Basically, I would love to find a pair of the exact same stainless mirrors as the yellow truck above!

Here's a pic of the K20 before it was stripped down with the "original" (too big for me) mirrors and one of it taken a couple of weeks ago stripped down (original mirror holes welded shut)
They are 1972 only, not reproduced. Here is a set that just sold the other day:

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=829269

You can become a subscribing member here and post a want-to-buy ad on the parts board, or search Facebook marketplace as I’ve seen them pop up there from time to time.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:23 PM   #84
davischevy

Quote:
Howdy Guys...

72's tripods are different (shorter) than previous years. Nobody makes a decent reproduction that I know of. A set of mirrors sold here last week. You might try running a WTB in the parts section.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:24 PM   #85
Louisvillekytruck

Quote:
Howdy Guys...

U are looking for 1972 only dg4 mirrors
Louisvillekytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:26 PM   #86
sscooter

Ok thanks guys...

'72 Only is what I want. The truck is a '71, but I think they are the perfect look.

Out of curiosity, was there a '71 version that stayed above the upper trim?
Old 01-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #87
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Here's a pic (not mine) of a '67-'71 DG4 mirror. Lower arms are not above the upper trim. HTH

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 04:33 PM   #88
chev-obsession

The 72 only DG4 mirrors are highly sought after, they do come up for sale frequently. They do bring a premium, keep your eye open on the 67-72 parts section and if you are on Facebook I would look in some of the parts pages as well.

Another option would be to find a set of the painted version and have them powder coated the color of your choosing. They seem to bring significantly less $$$
Old 01-01-2022, 07:11 PM   #89
oldgold70c10
Who's got steelies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
That listing has ended. Here is a link to a current listing.

1/4-20 jack nuts for roof racks and mirrors GM 367292
1970 C20 Suburban 350/700R4 4.10 gearing green & white
1978 Big 10 Silverado 350/th350, working ac, 2 tone blue-My summer daily driver
1983 GMC 1500 Sierra 305/SM465 2.73 rear end

How to add a trip odometer to your 67-72 stock speedometer

How to rebuild your Q-Jet

My Truck Page
My Youtube Channel
oldgold70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 01:49 AM   #90
CS1972

I'm driving to attend the Barrett Jackson Auction in Phoenix and I'll be picking up a purchased parts stash as well - which includes a pair of the 72 DG4's. I already have a spare set for the Yellow/White truck you're referring to, so the newly acquired 72 DG4's will be listed on the parts board. I'll give you a PM "heads up" before posting. However, it will be at least the 1st or 2nd week of February before they'll be ready.

1972 Cheyenne Super 1/2 ton LWB 4x4 - Grapefruit Yellow / White
CS1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:22 PM   #91
sscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1972 View Post
I'm driving to attend the Barrett Jackson Auction in Phoenix and I'll be picking up a purchased parts stash as well - which includes a pair of the 72 DG4's. I already have a spare set for the Yellow/White truck you're referring to, so the newly acquired 72 DG4's will be listed on the parts board. I'll give you a PM "heads up" before posting. However, it will be at least the 1st or 2nd week of February before they'll be ready.
Yes please! Keep me posted on the mirrors. I am MOST DEFINITELY interested.

I appreciate it!