The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2021, 10:05 PM   #1
J Williams

Re: Grandpa’s 63 C10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Thank you Brother, i am doing great. It was a crappy couple weeks, but I am back, working out and moving on. Only lingering issue is my smeller is not back 100% yet. Otherwise, i am doing good.
Glad to hear you are doing good! I love to hear you are training a new riding buddy! Nothing like a good drive with man' s best friend! I wanted to also say I like how you have John 3:16 quoted on your posts. I need to do something like that. Good to place your faith out there like that. Good to see fellow Christian brothers out there! Stay bold!
Old 02-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #2
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Williams View Post
Glad to hear you are doing good! I love to hear you are training a new riding buddy! Nothing like a good drive with man' s best friend! I wanted to also say I like how you have John 3:16 quoted on your posts. I need to do something like that. Good to place your faith out there like that. Good to see fellow Christian brothers out there! Stay bold!
Thank you sir! Ya, she is an awesome little girl, excited to see her get bigger and then go for rides! I have been doing a bunch of body work in the shop so i keep her in a safe area in the house, only of needs to inhale these nasty fumes.... lol with a mask on.....
I always have something on my truck that promotes my faith. I have alot, i mean ALOT of tattoos that also show it, some may say ironic, but i say it gets alot of people asking me questions that maybe would not. Awesome to see you up and working on the truck!!!
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:31 PM   #3
J Williams

Funny you say that. Every Tattoo I have has a Bible verse in it for the same reason.

I hope to start on the front fenders here soon. Once I have them done I will be able to really rock and roll on this thing.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:55 PM   #4
J Williams

I finally got back out to the shop for a little man cave time. I invited a friend for an evening and we were able to cut apart the new and old fender to make one good right side fender. We messed up on our cut on the driver's side fender and wasted a nice 250$ Oh well live and learn.

These aftermarket fenders sure take a lot of work to make fit. I pulled the hood out of the other side of the shop and started sanding on it. Man Grandpa must have either just abused this truck or maybe he was not as good as a driver as I thought he was!
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2021, 11:04 PM   #5
J Williams

After we messed the driver's side fender up I ordered another one and man, I about started to cut it up to weld it to my old fender and then thought about just trying it to see if it would just bolt up. I couldn't believe it but it seems to fit. I had to do a little massaging but it looks pretty good.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2021, 11:07 PM   #6
J Williams

Some pics of the hood. Amazing where you find Bondo and the lack of attempt to pull a dent back in the day! they just tried to fill every hole and dent with filler.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #7
J Williams

I haven’t posted in a while but I have been putting some hours in. When I started this project I had no idea the time I would spend taping and masking. I see why a lot of people just stick to one color when they paint. Other than a couple touch ups that I need to do and painting my hood twice I think it will at least turn out to look like a complete rookie painted it in his driveway! On a serious note though it is actually turning out better than I thought it would.

I now get to put everything back together. Already realized I have lost my hood bolts, hope I have the right ones coming. Found a bench seat out of a square body and need to see what it will take to mount it up before having it r C reupholstered.

Looking forward to getting it to a point where I can drive it even without the bed. Once I have it all together I will pull the trailer in the shop that has the bed on it and start the body work process on it.