The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2021, 05:42 AM   #1
aotte1

1966 GMC K10 Suburban Project

Starting 1966 GMC K10 Suburban project. Last driven around 1992, sitting since then. A friend got it for me. It is going to be a slow project that needs some work (not defined yet). My grandson and I are working together on it. Body has the usual Suburban dents along with a few more, roof is good. Inside usual rust, lower “A” pillar right side, lower kick panels, floor, inner and outer rocker right side. The body frame and supports are all solid. The front and rear frame horns were modified for aftermarket bumpers.
Photos start with disassembly. New tools for this project include, gantry crane, and distribution lift bar for G crane, higher lift floor jack, tall jack stands. The 5’ I-beam lift bar is really handy for suburban body. Photo of it later.
Usual I-Pad photo sideways issue. Body being removed from frame in this picture.

Overall the chassis is pretty original, shocks, brake and fuel lines, frame brackets, body mount pads, axles,transfer case , drive shafts.
Attached Images

Last edited by aotte1; 01-14-2021 at 06:05 AM.
aotte1 is offline   Reply With Quote