The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2022, 11:31 AM   #3251
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

I'm glad you found a job so fast. Cudos for sticking up for the kid.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 12:33 PM   #3252
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Sounds like a happy ending that came around much faster than expected.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:09 PM   #3253
1slo64

Popped a meter lid at work this morning to this greeting me. Biggest one I’ve seen in a while.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2022, 02:36 PM   #3254
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I'm glad you found a job so fast. Cudos for sticking up for the kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Sounds like a happy ending that came around much faster than expected.
thanks Dale!
how the heck is a guy supposed to get experience if no one shows them and lets them do the actual work...everyone was a noob at one time when they started their job and usually screwed up once or twice...plus i don't mind the kid, he reminds me of my son.

things got even better Stocker. just got back from my orientation.
for anybody ever leaving a job, never burn your bridges when leaving.
even though i haven't worked for this guy since the '90's, we parted on good terms, and it came back in spades today.
he is paying me MORE than my last boss, giving me a new 5 ton and wants me to be his "troubleshooter". also get much better travel time as well.
ya, yesterday i was on a big downer over all this, but now i'm back on the clouds and feeling good!
it's a scary feeling not having a job or paycheck coming in...
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:46 PM   #3255
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo64 View Post
Popped a meter lid at work this morning to this greeting me. Biggest one I’ve seen in a while.
Maybe next time you take a picture like this you could put your finger right next to it, you know, for scale.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:01 PM   #3256
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
thanks Dale!
how the heck is a guy supposed to get experience if no one shows them and lets them do the actual work...everyone was a noob at one time when they started their job and usually screwed up once or twice...plus i don't mind the kid, he reminds me of my son.

things got even better Stocker. just got back from my orientation.
for anybody ever leaving a job, never burn your bridges when leaving.
even though i haven't worked for this guy since the '90's, we parted on good terms, and it came back in spades today.
he is paying me MORE than my last boss, giving me a new 5 ton and wants me to be his "troubleshooter". also get much better travel time as well.
ya, yesterday i was on a big downer over all this, but now i'm back on the clouds and feeling good!
it's a scary feeling not having a job or paycheck coming in...
Congratulations, sometimes a negative becomes a big @$$ positive!

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 06-28-2022, 05:58 PM   #3257
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Not particularly random, but seems like a good place to post. Took my sons down to the then under construction site of the new Seattle Mariners ball park. They fought it all the way haha. But now its a pretty cool pic considering the park was opened in 1999, and we were lucky enough to go to the first game ever there. My sons will be 40 and 41 this year. My guess is this place is going to be here a long time. Something cool for them to look back on. I believe where they are standing would be home plate side.

EDIT: Added a pic of it now ... Well now its called T-Mobile. I hate the constant name changing of ball parks. This is the area where they were standing.
Attached Images

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291

Last edited by CG; 06-29-2022 at 09:33 AM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:24 PM   #3258
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Not particularly random, but seems like a good place to post. Took my sons down to the then under construction site of the new Seattle Mariners ball park. They fought it all the way haha. But now its a pretty cool pic considering the park was opened in 1999, and we were lucky enough to go to the first game ever there. My sons will be 40 and 41 this year. My guess is this place is going to be here a long time. Something cool for them to look back on. I believe where they are standing would be home plate side.
That's pretty cool CG. It's pretty cool to look back when our kids were growing up.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 06-28-2022, 09:51 PM   #3259
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
thanks Dale!
I never got that kind of behavior treating a new hire like crap from the get-go. I figure it's insecurity. I have always treated any help as a piece of the rock with the opportunity to improve... by ME teaching them anything I can. I know that is what is best for me. I'm selfish like that, I guess . I guess I'd also enjoy my days at work with buddies than spend the day with a bunch of toxic a-holes.

Your "old" boss shouldn't have required your apology. I bet he's wishing that he hadn't now. The way I see it he should have had that guy apologize to you for making you have to hit him. One and done is a fool's way. How long did you work there? Was this a repeat problem? I know both answers, a long time and no!

Quote:
Maybe next time you take a picture like this you could put your finger right next to it, you know, for scale.
Funny guy!
Quote:
Hey, that's not random. We've had a whole string of pictures of dad's taking their sons to the construction site of their future baseball team stadium... NOT! And I'm just kidding. The picture is a great (random) contribution along with the story. Really cool you did that and have that picture now

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:11 PM   #3260
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Anyone old enough to recall a pay phone?
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:12 PM   #3261
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I never got that kind of behavior treating a new hire like crap from the get-go. I figure it's insecurity. I have always treated any help as a piece of the rock with the opportunity to improve... by ME teaching them anything I can. I know that is what is best for me.
Agreed. Way back when I was learning the ropes, some guys had knowledge they refused to share with the new guy. That attitude never made sense to me. After I learned a few things, I would gladly pass it along to anyone who would listen. I figured if others were able to do things themselves without pestering someone else (like me), my job just became that much easier.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:28 AM   #3262
3757chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
That don't look like Clark Kent or Maxwell Smart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3kcnI72Ec
MIKE

Last edited by 3757chevy; 06-29-2022 at 01:09 AM.
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:56 AM   #3263
67 twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Yeah the last time I used one was 2007 it took me 45 minutes of driving around to find one.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:26 AM   #3264
4u2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 twins View Post
Yeah the last time I used one was 2007 it took me 45 minutes of driving around to find one.
Been there done that.
Then it would be vandalized and not work
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:08 AM   #3265
special-K
Special Order

Remember pay phones? Oh yeah, he said "old enough to". You know the answer here. What I 've always wondered is how long were they gone before I realized they were gone. It seems it was seeing a booth left behind (that no scrap scammers got) and realizing I hadn't seen one in a while.

How does this happen? People with all their postal service issues and an envelope with no address or name can be delivered. Did AARP send out enough for one in every mailbox like junk mail? Is may age so well known the mailman knew it was for me?

This picture is straight out of the mailbox, unopened
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-29-2022 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:25 AM   #3266
Boog
laying low

You been an AARP member for so long they don't even bother putting your name and addy on the envelope anymore? They know where you're at.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:52 AM   #3267
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
You been an AARP member for so long they don't even bother putting your name and addy on the envelope anymore? They know where you're at.

Nope, not yet, but I should. I also need to get a round tuit. It seems they really want me to join really bad, but offering me an empty hand tote isn't exactly going to do the trick. Now, load it about half full (I'm not greedy) of cash and I'm right on it!

My buddy's old tire changer. Works same as modern ones except no air power, fully manual. I wish I had one. I don't change enough tires to go buy a pneumatic and these are 10x better than anything else manual I've seen. This is the real deal. It's made by one of the companies that makes them today, truly just their pre-pneumatic product. Is it Hunter? I forget. But he also has a very efficient balancer you can see in the picture. My friend Pat has been an auction freak for 50 years, at least. He has an incredible amount of cool old vocational equipment and tools. More like a collection. In that shop he has displays on the walls I'll get pictures of soon.
Attached Images

Tim

Old 06-29-2022, 07:56 AM   #3268
mr.mud1

another brilliant driver.the car and/or cone wasn't there when i parked my car.no idea where she found this or how far she carried it along?she came out from the grocery store which was behind me,unloaded her goodies into the car and drove away,the cone along for the drive?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #3269
special-K
Special Order

There's a word for that, oblivious. On more than one level in this case. "Take a lot around every now and then. You might see something"

Tim

Old 06-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #3270
KW5413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Agreed. Way back when I was learning the ropes, some guys had knowledge they refused to share with the new guy. That attitude never made sense to me. After I learned a few things, I would gladly pass it along to anyone who would listen. I figured if others were able to do things themselves without pestering someone else (like me), my job just became that much easier.
I moved into management at a young age, and I was very blessed to have three great mentors in my early years.

I always strived to train / develop people to be able to take my job. I never wanted a boss to tell me I couldn't be promoted because no one was ready to fulfil my roll. I encouraged those I was training to look beyond me to enhance their learning. If I kept my mind open, I often learned from them. That philosophy never backfired on me.

For managers that reported to me, my highest priority for them was to make a damned decision. I was / am more likely to "counsel" somebody if they don't make a decision than if they make a wrong one. Decisions, good and bad, are great learning experiences. I don't have a lot of patience for people that don't have any B A double "Ls".
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:48 PM   #3271
dave6672

Two random phone booths I have come across over the years on the side of county roads. One in southern IL and one in the mountains of VA.
Attached Images

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:13 PM   #3272
special-K
Special Order

Survivors. I remember when the old indoor wooden booths were a hot item. I wonder if the attraction is still there. I imagine if they were still in use a local call might cost a couple dollars or more

Tim

Old 06-30-2022, 07:16 AM   #3273
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Remember pay phones? Oh yeah, he said "old enough to". You know the answer here. What I 've always wondered is how long were they gone before I realized they were gone. It seems it was seeing a booth left behind (that no scrap scammers got) and realizing I hadn't seen one in a while.

How does this happen? People with all their postal service issues and an envelope with no address or name can be delivered. Did AARP send out enough for one in every mailbox like junk mail? Is may age so well known the mailman knew it was for me?

This picture is straight out of the mailbox, unopened
Drop mail. Every houshold in you zip got one . I used to do it when I had my agency not that expensive
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:24 AM   #3274
special-K
Special Order

First time in my almost 67 years I've seen mail delivered with no address or at least have resident as the recipient and my town with zip. I guess everybody that gets USPS delivery got one. Drop mail, what a perfect name. Without knowing that dropping it in the trash is exactly what I did. I'll end up joining AARP but not because they are handing out tote bags
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing work for a gal who owns this Avion Twinkie camper she wants to get rid of. She talked to me about partnering on me fixing it up and we split the money. She has the idea it can bring $15k. I'd have to check into that but I'm thinking this won't be a high-end candidate with the areas of external damage. I don't want to take on those repairs and it wouldn't be cheap to pay whoever can. If it was just interior and minor cosmetics and repairs I'd be all over that deal. I think she'd be best off selling it as is with not another dollar spent on it. Opinions and knowledge welcome. The appliances are light pink!!
Name:  DSCN0015.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  44.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0016.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  46.6 KB
Name:  DSCN0014.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  43.8 KB
Name:  DSCN0018.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  39.4 KB

Her boyfriend bought that for her a while ago and nothing came of it. She just did go out and buy this:
Attached Images

Tim

Old 06-30-2022, 11:56 AM   #3275
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

That thing looks cool, but my advice is to run away from it. My wife's work friends told her that the old shell we had on our truck could be repaired, sight unseen. Even if I had managed to get all the sheet metal, windows out intact, it would have cost about $1500 for materials, by my estimate...and way more time than I was willing to spend on it. I did nothing to it but have a cover over it when it rained. Once she came to her senses, we got the new one.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote