The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
arks

My custom short stepper "Hombre"

After looking at trucks for the past year I finally found The One. I wasn't sure if I wanted a stock or modified truck so Ive looked at both. My mechanic is a truck guy and built his 67 LWB fleetside so it was nice to have him assist me to check out the truck.
This is a Georgia truck that the seller brought up to Pa and put in a smallblock/ 700R4 from an 87 IROC Camaro. He also installed front discs, brake booster, suspension, bushings and body rubbers. The only rot we found was on one of the cab mounts. It's got PS, PB, and A/C (134). The paint job is a bit loud for me but in nice shape. The wife gave it a 'thumbs up' so I can live with the fade.
The pictures show it with 15" aluminum wheels but I also got a set of 20" chromes with Michelins along with a complete FI unit. I can only add 1 picture for now.
My plan is to install shoulder belts, tilt wheel and a trailer hitch. I will be using it on nice days as a work truck because I work locally.
I want to thank all you guys who replied to my previous posts. They were soooo helpful for me to not spend too much $$$$.
Attached Images