The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #26
lchall

Re: 69-72 hood - terrific shape! Attention patina folks this is a good one!

Interested in the hood. Not sure what the line is though. I have an ongoing project in Jeff City and can pick up next week or the week after if you don't mind holding it that long. I can pay you ahead of time if needed.

Thanks - Chad
1991 Ford F-150
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
lchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #27
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by best view View Post
jay I travel a lot and will be back wed if you can sell this weekend local that's ok someday ill get the other one if not sold by wed ill send the money is that fair

Seems very fair to me - I will let you know how it turns out either way. Thanks for your understanding. Jay
Clatterville trolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #28
paulspickupparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clatterville trolley View Post
Ken - If I hadn't just had an Awfulexperience with Greyhound I would be glad to ship the hood to you. I sent a fender to N.C. and it took a month and during the month no one could tell me where it was! That is the short story - sometime when you have a half a day I can tell you the whole sad tale.

Is there any other transit possibilities you would like me to check on pricing? I guess the reason you are interested in Greyhound is the cost factor? I suppose I could send it that way, but you would have to be ready to wait and wait for arrival. They only put shipments on when there is room and in the summer time there is a very, very, high ridership - thus no space to haul shipment because of luggage for riders.

Please let me know what you would like to do and I will try my best to do it. Thanks, Jay
Jay

I hope this hood deal all works out. Just to say I have had the same experience with Greyhound. I am not sure if any one knows that Greyhound will not insure any used parts. Pretty scary thought . I asked a buyer of a hood if it was ok if it would be ok shipped un insured . That was the end of that sale. Kind of glad because I would have had a 60 mile trip to Greyhound. Remember , no insurance and no tracking and as you found, hide and seek. (This is my very short version of the story)

My terminal will not take hoods . They said it was too big. I am not sure how everyone else can ship hoods and I couldn't but was kind of a blessing.

I thought I found the answer with Fastenal. For a little bit. When I told them I was shipping a hood they said it would have to be crated because of insurance reason. So after crating the weight of the hood was so heavy with crating shipping was over $300 plus $75 for lumber plus the price of the hood .
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #29
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulspickupparts View Post
Jay

I hope this hood deal all works out. Just to say I have had the same experience with Greyhound. I am not sure if any one knows that Greyhound will not insure any used parts. Pretty scary thought . I asked a buyer of a hood if it was ok if it would be ok shipped un insured . That was the end of that sale. Kind of glad because I would have had a 60 mile trip to Greyhound. Remember , no insurance and no tracking and as you found, hide and seek. (This is my very short version of the story)

My terminal will not take hoods . They said it was too big. I am not sure how everyone else can ship hoods and I couldn't but was kind of a blessing.

I thought I found the answer with Fastenal. For a little bit. When I told them I was shipping a hood they said it would have to be crated because of insurance reason. So after crating the weight of the hood was so heavy with crating shipping was over $300 plus $75 for lumber plus the price of the hood .

Shipping is an interesting thing. Did anyone else notice that the shippers all upped their rates due to the high fuel cost, but now with fuel as low as it has been in quite a while there isn't any move to drop rates?
Also, I have found that going to the UPS store is quite a trip. I took a housing for a heater (minus the core for weight reduction) and had them box it thinking that if it was damaged I wouldn't get dinged for "not packaging correctly / adequately" and the claim wouldn't be denied. Well, they charged me over $7 to package it and said that it would be $44 to ship it (I'm sure Priority shipping). I asked for the package back and took it home where I repackaged it by cutting the box down by about 2-3 inches in length. I took it today to the USPS counter where I usually go and asked how much to ship it the least expensive way and he said $20 without insurance. Supposedly the $44 was the cheaper rate between UPS and USPS according to the UPS Store.
Not really trying trash either place, but you really have to be on your toes to stay ahead of them. Jay
Old 09-21-2015, 09:19 PM   #30
Clatterville trolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by best view View Post
jay I travel a lot and will be back wed if you can sell this weekend local that's ok someday ill get the other one if not sold by wed ill send the money is that fair
Sorry to be this long getting back with you. The person who was coming wasn't able to make it. So, I gave it a little more time while staying in contact with them by text. Haven't heard anything for a few days so I checked with Greyhound station I ship out of for what they would ship (I'd never sent a hood there before) and they agreed that the weight wouldn't be a problem as they have a 100 lb. limit, but when I explained what it was and the possible size with crating the lady said they wouldn't ship it. Thought it was a good idea to ask about that after what one of the posts in this thread had to say about his experience. So, I guess I / we are back to square one - thanks so much for your interest and patience! Jay
Old 10-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #31
Clatterville trolley

Hood is sold and gone! Thanks to everyone for comments, questions, and interest. Jay