The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
71ChevySS(straight6)

Arrow Can I (should I) stick a 68 clip 'n' cab on a 71?

Hi fellas! So, here's the situation: I was browsing Craigslist and found a cab and front clip for a '68 C/10, and the guy only wants $400. Mint condition, from what I can tell in the pictures, and has shaved door handles, a frenched antenna, a smoothed filler neck hole, and all the supports as far as radiator support and whatnot, but it doesn't have wheel wells. The passenger vent window is there, but that's the only glass in it. (Could I just yank the doors and glass off my truck, or are they different?)

It definitely needs painted - bad. But I can do that, I have a HVLP gun, just need to get my big air compressor running and do some practice on old tin or something.

As far as what all interior is in it, there isn't anything but a brake pedal. I could strip the guts of the 71 cab (minus the gauge cluster) and stuff them in there.

Here's part of the issue: the cab has a low center hump, and the one currently on my truck is a high hump. What will that affect? Also, will mounts be different? Another issue is how hard will it be to pull the cab and clip off my truck and install these, then install all the interior stuff and attach everything to the firewall? Could I just replace the front clip and leave the cab alone alltogether?

Thanks a bunch in advance!!!
71ChevySS(straight6) is offline   Reply With Quote