The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-19-2022, 04:23 PM   #201
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

well finally today a little good news.we loaded up this morning,after getting the word from the body shop to bring the truck and headed out for a little road trip a couple hours away and dropped it off.i think he's going to get right at it tomorrow and get this show on the road.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:34 AM   #202
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Fingers crossed for you. I hope it goes better this time or you are going to have to learn to paint. You have the paint stripping down =)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:10 PM   #203
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Fingers crossed for you. I hope it goes better this time or you are going to have to learn to paint. You have the paint stripping down =)
yes sir.we sure are hoping for a better result.the paint rep guy recommended this fella,said he's real good,real busy and probably not cheap.that's ok.cheap isn't good,good isn't cheap.i told him yesterday when we dropped the truck off,that i wanted him to paint it like it was his.if he found anything he wouldn't be happy with,fix it.i looked around his shop while we were there,pictures all over the place of his handy work.one pic was a 53 pale yellow 53 Cadillac convertible.it was spectacular,said he worked on it for 2 years.i'm glad i wasn't paying that bill?i do know how to paint but no place to do it although i was considering building a temporary paint booth before i found this guy doing it now.it'll all work out.take care.Greg
Old 09-20-2022, 08:21 PM   #204
mr.mud1

well i dropped off my truck yesterday at the body shop and this morning he sent a couple pictures of what he was at today.he may have made more progress but this is all i got today.he did say he's taking the bed off and putting it on his rotisserie.this is getting serious?he's a little concerned about the color.i have the 465 paint code number and the paint store can mix that code but it's off a bit.the paint rep guy said it's because the formula is 50 years old,products change over the years and behave differently than back in the day.if it's off a smidge on the outside it won't much matter but he has to paint in on the top of the rockers and he wants it to be as close as he can make it to the rest of the original paint in the door jamb.we'll see how it goes.more news as we go.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2022, 06:24 PM   #205
mr.mud1

a little more progress although the painter sent these pictures first thing this morning so i'm sure it all looks different now by day's end.the inside of the bed is in primer as well as the wheel tubs i can see and i assume the tailgate too?can't wait to see what the pictures show tomorrow?it's a pleasure to see someone work who is good at what they do.i'm sure the outcome at this paint shop will be far superior to that mess i got in May?stay tuned.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2022, 01:12 PM   #206
Chevys4life

It looks like you are going to get a good job this time!!!!
Chevys4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:35 PM   #207
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevys4life View Post
It looks like you are going to get a good job this time!!!!
yes sir.i haven't seen any update pictures since these yesterday morning.i don't want to pester the guy but anxiously waiting for the next update.he's not close so i can't just drop by but that's ok.i'm sure we're in good hands now.as soon as i get more info,i'll update this for anybody interested.thanks,take care.Greg
Old 09-24-2022, 02:36 AM   #208
Richard

Awesome to see you are moving forward again! Had a great day myself working on my truck.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:39 AM   #209
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Awesome to see you are moving forward again! Had a great day myself working on my truck.
yes sir,thanks.i am watching what you're doing with your truck too.i checked with the painter to see if he had anymore progress to report but nothing new since wednesday.i don't know but i think he had something else to work on later in the week.that's ok.it'll get done.we are getting hammered with Hurricane Fiona now so i have lots to worry about.i looked out this morning at first light,my wife's new greenhouse is gone?the power has been out since 11:00pm last night.my old truck is safe and sound at the paint shop although i just saw on the news,the town where it is,got hammered too.it'll all work out.take care.
Greg
Old 09-28-2022, 07:29 PM   #210
mr.mud1

well this has been an eventful week.parts of Nova Scotia,New Brunswick,Prince Edward Island,Quebec and Newfoundland all got pounded with Hurricane Fiona.unbelievable damage in alot of places.we had a new greenhouse i had built for my wife in the spring,blow away but some folks perished,some lost homes,everything they owned,one little 4 year old boy wondered away from his parents in the back yard while they cleaned up debris,a huge group of folks,police,search and rescue,firemen,military and regular folks searched and they found him ok, a mile and a half from home,15 hours later.the little guy was alone in the woods all night.so we were lucky although we haven't had power since last Friday night,just coming back along with the internet this evening.out off of Sable Island off the coast here,there are scientific measuring bouys placed there that track ocean currents and other things,well they measured waves 100 feet high and 100 MPH winds?glad i wasn't out there.my truck is of course,at the body shop but they suffered flooding in his community(not the body shop,thankfully) but no power for a few days.he's back to work and sent me a few pictures of parts finally becoming green again.he said this was 2 coats,a 3rd still to come but no new pictures.it's all good.making progress.take care.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2022, 11:20 PM   #211
mr.mud1

a little more progress and a few more pictures from the body shop where my truck is.i doubt i'll have it back by Friday but that's ok.we will be leaving early Saturday morning for a drive to Medina,Ohio to visit friends we did see every year,either they'd come here or we'd go there.we haven't seen them since covid and now the man is dying with cancer.this won't be a fun trip but he wants to see us and want to see them but i'm sure there will be some tears shed.i know it'll be hard driving away.i talked to the painter about the mess he's inherited from a poor paint job someone else did in May,i asked if he'd worked on the screwed up paint line where the green meets the white on the back of the cab where the stainless moldings are.the bonehead who painted it,put the tape line above the studs that hold the molding clips,so high that the molding won't cover the tape line?he said he hadn't worked on that yet.too many other screw ups to fix but i know he'll get'er done.more news as we go.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2022, 01:18 AM   #212
Richard

Progress looks good. Sorry to hear about your friend. Bless you for your compassion to the friend and family. I know how hard it is, but our love to others can lift us up in spirit.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:40 PM   #213
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Progress looks good. Sorry to hear about your friend. Bless you for your compassion to the friend and family. I know how hard it is, but our love to others can lift us up in spirit.
thanks Richard.i appreciate the kind words about our friends.i'm not looking forward to going under these circumstances but you gotta do what you gotta do.they'd do it for us if the shoe was on the other foot.maybe when we get back,my truck will be ready to pick it up.take care.Greg
Old 10-05-2022, 11:53 PM   #214
mr.mud1

some more progress at the body shop,he sent a bunch of pictures today but for some reason,most of them are so small,they're hard to see but it looks like there is new green paint everywhere,how many coats i don't know but now working on the white that is as messed up as the green was.i asked if he had worked on the white/green part line at the back of the cab below the rear window?the make-believe painter clown that did it in May,made the tape way above the molding clips studs so now the stainless moldings won't cover the tape line?great work from someone who is supposed to know better?evidently not.anyway this fella said he hadn't worked on that problem yet,too many other screw ups to fix?it'll be interesting to see how he fix's that?it is a treat to see nice work though,everything is covered,papered off,the way it's supposed to be with the paper going right down to the shop floor.i wouldn't have the overspray mess i have and a motor to pull out to repaint orange along with everything black to repaint black,if the original guy did it correctly?more upates as i get info from the bodyshop.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2022, 09:14 AM   #215
mr.mud1

we were away for a week for a run to Medina,Ohio to visit a sick friend.the truck is still at the paint shop,i haven't seen it yet but here a few pictures the painter guy sent.i'm excited to finally see it again after paint work by a man who knows what he's doing,for a change?maybe next week i'll be able to go get her and bring her home?
sorry for the sideways pictures?they aren't sideways on my end and i'm not smart enough to fix them??
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2022, 10:58 AM   #216
Louisvillekytruck

Looks great
Louisvillekytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 02:35 PM   #217
McDeezl

The photos so far look awesome and I'm sure the up close when you get to see it will be icing on the cake. You sure deserve it after all the time and heartache!
Old 10-15-2022, 07:12 PM   #218
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvillekytruck View Post
Looks great
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeezl View Post
The photos so far look awesome and I'm sure the up close when you get to see it will be icing on the cake. You sure deserve it after all the time and heartache!
thanks guys,i appreciate it.it has been a struggle but we'll win in the end.i was going to stop into the paint shop yesterday driving home from Ohio to actually see it but he told me he was leaving Friday for a weekend away with his wife in Maine,good for them but i was anxious to see my truck,worse than a little kid waiting for Christmas??maybe this week coming,i'll finally be able to go get it and bring it home.can't wait to see it and not looking forward to pulling the motor back out for repaint and everything else under the hood but has to be done.it's all good.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:35 PM   #219
mr.mud1

a little more progress,i heard from the painter tonight and he is pretty well finished.i will be going to get my truck as soon as he gives me the word.he did send a few more pictures tonight.i think it's looking pretty good,can't wait to see it in person and get her home.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2022, 01:35 AM   #220
GSFMECH
On the road

Very very nice

Castro- 72 SWB. Ochre and White. 496/400 turbo, GV OD ,Dakota Digital dash , tilt, Vintage Air, PS, hydro boost, factory buckets, console, QA-1 Coil over suspension, 20/20"Billet Specialties Magnetos

72 SWB. Med blue. 454/400 turbo, tach, tilt, Stock AC, PS,PDB, factory buckets, console, ECE 4/6 drop w/ 2" blocks and C-notch, 20/20"Coys- Crashed and destroyed by drunk driver Sept 2019. New 72 build in the works.

My new build thread "Castro"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820934

My old build thread, the blue truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271489

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
GSFMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #221
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSFMECH View Post
Very very nice
thanks Mike,you have a very nice truck yourself.i plan to go get mine from the paint shop someday this week and get back to work on it.it seems like so much wasted time since may when the first joker painted it and made such a mess.
take care.Greg.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:16 PM   #222
mr.mud1

tonight my truck finally came home.i'd like to get right at it tomorrow to pull it apart but i'll be in a dump truck instead hauling gravel,maybe in a day or two,we'll get at it and make preparations to pull the motor back out.nice to have her home.it was late when i picked it up,almost out of day light and dark for sure when we got home so the pictures aren't great,but it's here and looks very,very nice.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2022, 09:31 AM   #223
DANTIP

Clever way to hang/hold the tailgate during painting!! Locking pliers are the BEST!!
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #224
mr.mud1

nothing much changed today,i was dumptruckin all day but i took a few more pictures this evening when i got home,maybe here's a few better pictures.i plan in the next few days,to start on getting the front clip off and the motor out so i can repaint everything under the hood spoiled with overspray from the first wanna-be a painter.the fun and excitement just never ends
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2022, 06:56 AM   #225
tutone

Looks like this guy did a good job. The truck looks like it should. Very nice
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote