The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2022, 07:20 PM   #26
72c20customcamper

Re: Why? people rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Throw a nice little jester on their windshield
I don’t see this post lasting to long
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:15 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

We haven't started in on those guys in crew cab long bed duallies parking yet. This is kind of the opposite of Longhair's original rant. Oh, hi Paul and my other friends... heh heh? Tell me you don't try to park that monstrosity right in with the rest, do you? (I'm sure not) It's bad enough that many shopping centers reduced the size of the parking spaces once compacts became prevalent. Hard enough to park a long bed truck (I don't call them "fullsize") or a Suburban (did I need to say fullsize there?). A dual wheel crew cab needs to park out in the lot on it's own same as any other oversize vehicle or towing combo. The spaces are not made for that dually. But I see these things parked, never squarely, right in with the rest... taking anywhere from two to four spaces. Uhhh.... it doesn't fit! The vehicle is longer than the space and the room allowed to swing in there does not account for the added length of your vehicle. I never parked my dual wheel regular cab in parking spaces, except out beyond the rest. The long utility bed '70 was always parked on the perimeter. The towing mirrors on my Suburban can create a challenge in a parking space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Fixed it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:14 AM   #28
KW5413

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I just went to the little store on the corner today.
Wow...I thought I was the only one that used that term ''the little store'' these days. I have fond memories of the slide out Coca Cola box (but, buying Dr. Pepper &#128578 and worn wood floors. Could buy a drink and a double handful of candy for 20 cents. My grandkids think it's pretty funny when I call a convenience store that.

On to the parking...this has been a pet peeve of mine for decades. I don't know why but, isolation parking seems to be a parking magnet. Maybe they see a nice vehicle, or classic, and figure it must be a special area. Aggravates me pretty large.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:21 AM   #29
4u2nv

Quote:
Wasn't to clean, Mickey had a bad mouth
Sorry fellows: dohh:
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:29 AM   #30
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Didnt bother me . On another site I'm on that would be mild .
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW5413 View Post
Wow...I thought I was the only one that used that term ''the little store'' these days. I have fond memories of the slide out Coca Cola box (but, buying Dr. Pepper &#128578 and worn wood floors. Could buy a drink and a double handful of candy for 20 cents. My grandkids think it's pretty funny when I call a convenience store that.

On to the parking...this has been a pet peeve of mine for decades. I don't know why but, isolation parking seems to be a parking magnet. Maybe they see a nice vehicle, or classic, and figure it must be a special area. Aggravates me pretty large.
The old stores. Screen door with bread advertisement on it, usually a porch. I mostly remember "corner store", because they were usually at a crossroad. For short we'd say "the corner" because there's be other services, like a service station and repair garage

I have Mt. Airy in one direction and Taylorsville in the other, which is a little closer and a nicer drive. I call that going up to the corner. We used to have George's Market in our county, there were three spread around pretty well. Then he opened convenience stores called Little George's and they sold a limited amount of quality groceries at grocery store prices. They were great to have spread about even more rural areas. We had one in Taylorsville. That one didn't make it and eventually it all shrank down to one "little" at the next crossroad (Winfield) only a few miles down the same road. The two towns are pretty much sistered. George has passed away, it's called the Winfield Store, same gals working there, still better than 7-11 (which is a small old-style one), and they still make good sandwiches and such.

Quote:
Poo poo happens . I post pretty many YouTube videos, sometimes before watching the whole thing. I learned to not do that after watching one with a big bomb all the way at the end. DELETE!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-04-2022, 01:58 PM   #32
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

[QUOTE=special-K;9130526]We haven't started in on those guys in crew cab long bed duallies parking yet. This is kind of the opposite of Longhair's original rant. Oh, hi Paul and my other friends... heh heh? Tell me you don't try to park that monstrosity right in with the rest, do you? (I'm sure not) It's bad enough that many shopping centers reduced the size of the parking spaces once compacts became prevalent. Hard enough to park a long bed truck (I don't call them "fullsize") or a Suburban (did I need to say fullsize there?). A dual wheel crew cab needs to park out in the lot on it's own same as any other oversize vehicle or towing combo. The spaces are not made for that dually. But I see these things parked, never squarely, right in with the rest... taking anywhere from two to four spaces. Uhhh.... it doesn't fit! The vehicle is longer than the space and the room allowed to swing in there does not account for the added length of your vehicle. I never parked my dual wheel regular cab in parking spaces, except out beyond the rest. The long utility bed '70 was always parked on the perimeter. The towing mirrors on my Suburban can create a challenge in a parking space.

Oh yeah. Parking my dually is a bit of a challenge sometimes. But I just use a little common sense and anticipate that like with any large truck. I would never even consider trying to park it in a normal (aka tiny) spot and take up a bunch of spots in front. You're right it doesn't fit. But it's easier to park than my 37 foot motorhome. Try parking that. Fortunately I live in an area with a lot of camp grounds. Lot's of people towing trailers and most businesses have lots to accommodate them. I use those or park way out where there's room. I don't mind walking. I could use the exercise.

But I still see it happen. There was a guy towing a 5th wheel and he parked right in front of the supermarket and I mean right in front of the door. He was blocking the lane causing a back up as people had to go around him.

I thought "Hey buddy, there's a big lot over there to your left. Why don't you use it'. But he had his new fancy Silverado and a nice new trailer and wanted to be the big shot.

I don't have to do that. All I have to do is get out of my truck and the ladies come running....Okay maybe not so much... Okay not at all. Dang it!

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #33
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I figured when we got the Fiat door dings shouldn't be a problem, just center myself in parking spots plus don't park in the closer spots to the store. Nope Ive still gotten a few door dings plus someone possibly backed in to me on rear part of drivers side qtr. No mark on the qtr except very small buckle-ish area on the fender lip now. Not all people suck, but the ones that do are really good at it.

Parking spot for scale lol
If you parked like that here they would squeeze in front and behind you . That or 4 motorcycles
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #34
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
If you parked like that here they would squeeze in front and behind you . That or 4 motorcycles
I think I could get my F450 dually in that space. Yup no problem.

I am one of them! Ha Hah fooled you!!

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-04-2022, 04:33 PM   #35
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Parking my Longhorn, same thing. There's a couple of "Veteran Only" parking spaces near the entrance at the local Lowe's. I don't park my truck there, I usually park it over where the contractors with trailers spaces are, where they can pull through instead of backing up. I'll use those "Veteran" spaces if I'm in my econobox, though. I like to pull the truck through so that I can drive out forward because it's easier to see. That shell blocks a bit of the view. But if I park in a regular space (they're big enough out here), someone will invariably park so close behind me I can't get into the bed, let alone that I might have building materials to put in there.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:15 PM   #36
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

I guess it's just about being considerate.

Ok, you have a nice car too, and want to park way out in the lot....fine, do it, at least one space between us though, huh?

As someone further up said, it seems to be a dying part of simple manners, but once I am offended by some jack@ss, it might just be game-on.
Like the story of the guy taking up 4 spaces and when you walk into the store, you know darn well who it is....I "might" say something offensive I will throw down an F bomb, not concerned even slightly. Once in a while the person will bow up, until they turn around to see where it came from. Those with an IQ greater than their shoe-size usually fold right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 02:01 AM   #37
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Parking my Longhorn, same thing. There's a couple of "Veteran Only" parking spaces near the entrance at the local Lowe's. I don't park my truck there, I usually park it over where the contractors with trailers spaces are, where they can pull through instead of backing up. I'll use those "Veteran" spaces if I'm in my econobox, though. I like to pull the truck through so that I can drive out forward because it's easier to see. That shell blocks a bit of the view. But if I park in a regular space (they're big enough out here), someone will invariably park so close behind me I can't get into the bed, let alone that I might have building materials to put in there.
On a brighter note Something today gave me a smile. An old guy (really old) older than me and that's saying something. He had handicapped plates and didn't park in the handicapped space. And he wasn't walking too well so I kind of hovered behind him just in case he took a tumble. I said hello and asked him why he didn't use the other spot and he said "I can walk. Someone might need it more than me'. It kind of restored my faith. Not everyone is a jerk. I'm a jerk but that's a different story and at least I know how to park.

Steven. I get what your saying about backing up with a camper shell. I have the same thing with my 70. You can't see anything. My motorhome is worse. Just throw it in reverse and yell "Geronimo!' and hope that you don't hit anything because those mirrors aren't doing much if anything.

I don't like backing up anything. I will always park where I can pull forward. I have backup cameras but if there is glare then they are useless. Then you have to go back to the equally useless mirrors.

I have a fairly long driveway with some funky curve in it that gives me problems backing up. I've whacked my front gate twice. I was diligently looking for it. I knew it was there. But I still hit it.
TWICE!!!

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:42 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I guess it's just about being considerate.
Bingo! Break that word down for those who are not. See the whole word 'consider' hiding in there? That's no coincidence. To be considerate means to consider (put thought into) the effects of your actions upon others. Being considerate is one of the things that raises the human race to the higher level we call civilization. Next week we'll have a lesson on the word 'civil-ization'. For now I'll say being considerate, or taking others into consideration, is the civil thing to do.

Tim

Old 10-05-2022, 02:48 PM   #39
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Bingo! Break that word down for those who are not. See the whole word 'consider' hiding in there? That's no coincidence. To be considerate means to consider (put thought into) the effects of your actions upon others. Being considerate is one of the things that raises the human race to the higher level we call civilization. Next week we'll have a lesson on the word 'civil-ization'. For now I'll say being considerate, or taking others into consideration, is the civil thing to do.
There is a flaw in your theory. The IRS is considered a "Civil Servant'.
I've dealt with them and they weren't too considerate or civil.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:07 PM   #40
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
There is a flaw in your theory. The IRS is considered a "Civil Servant'.
I've dealt with them and they weren't too considerate or civil.
I have never seen a civil servant that actually was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 07:50 PM   #41
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

They are government employees. I've never had a run-in with the IRS, but our DMV here has reputation for being a bit callous, shall we say, at the counter. In '09, I had to get a new birth certificate to give to security at work, for a clearance update. I hired in there in '84, and provided a BC from the hospital where I was born. Fast forward 25 years, that wasn't good enough, so I got a new one from the county where I was born. My last name is two words, and the DMV had had it scrunched into one word since '68. It's two words on my BC. So, next time I renewed my license, I went in with the new BC. I explained what happened, and gal got a gleam in her eye, looked down her nose, and asked if I had proof. Whipped out the new BC and laid it on the counter. I think that that woman bites lemon trees at night as a hobby to make the lemons sour. The look I got!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:06 AM   #42
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I've actually had no big problems with the DMV lately but I live in a small town. The DMV is a small place in a strip mall. I'm usually in and out in 20 minutes. Not bad and they're friendly. The IRS on the other hand is NOT friendly and they seem to need your money more than you do. They whooped me pretty good last year. Worse than my ex and she whooped me pretty good.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:16 AM   #43
special-K
Special Order

Unfortunately the word 'civil' has been adapted from it's origins into another definition that's used in place of 'public', and not necessarily civil.

Tim

Old 10-06-2022, 11:29 AM   #44
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Unfortunately the word 'civil' has been adapted from it's origins into another definition that's used in place of 'public', and not necessarily civil.
Civil Servant or Public Servant. They need to remove the word servant from the title. They aren't providing any kind of service. Call them Fund Removal Officers.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-06-2022, 01:10 PM   #45
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I know that it's partly "just me", but in an attempt to keep my vehicles in the best shape/condition possible, I always park waay out in the lot of anyplace I go. I always park in a space that is somehow blocked on one side, whether that's a curb/island/corner. This is to at least get the best chance of avoiding door dings. Two door cars are another thing to stay away from, as well as cart return/corral things at grocery stores.
Of course, this is only my side of things. I can't do anything about what happens after I walk away.
On way too many occasions, some jackass will come and park right next to me.
In a nearly full lot, I get it, do what you need. It's when I park more than 100 feet from anyone and some jerk parks right next to be, with plenty of open spaces, it just boils my blood.
This has happened so many times, with so many of my vehicles, I stared taking pictures.
Years ago, I went to a woodworking show at the county fairgrounds. I parked in the next lot over from the event's actual space. It was around the corner, behind a barrier wall. I was in there a couple of hours. When I came out there was a car parked right next to me. Ok, I get it, you don't want to be with the crowd either. But, if that's the case, why? You couldn't have moved over even one space? I took a pic, but can't find it now.
Then was the Camaro. Inside the first 30 days, I hadn't even made a payment yet, I get a door ding, after the same diligence. I waited for the guy to come back to his car! I'm not having this! It was a brand-new Jeep with the temp-tag still on it. His insurance was paying for this, not mine. I was still pissed though....brand new and 100+ feet from anything.
Next was the first time on the Colorado. Waay out in the lot, against a bush on one side, this guy parks right next to me, as "on the line" as you could, without really doing it. At least 30 feet of open spaces on the other side of him.
Yesterday, this gem. When I parked, no one was around. In the store for 20-25 minutes, and I get this. I normally wouldn't take a pic with so much foreground, but it illustrates the point. There were literally hundreds of spaces. The other one was pulling up as I walked out of the store. He gave space, why couldn't the first one have done the same? If you are the type to park this far out, one more space doesn't matter.

I hear you loud and clear. I can’t tell you how many times this crap happens to me as well. Go into the store parked in east BFE and have a whole hoard of dumbasses parked all around you when you come out. Boils my blood. I’ve been known to be less that courteous to peoples cars around me when I’m in the Camaro. “Accidentally” bouncing my butt or hip off of body panels, flipping break away mirrors the wrong way. Running the kids diaper bag down the side of a muddy car or truck that didn’t give me the room to get back in the car… my wife hates me in times like this but the general lack of respect can and does get reciprocated by me with the Camaro.
It’s pretty bad too when putting the kids in my silverado and these idiots park so close you can’t get the back doors open so the kids and car seats can get back in. Again I have no shame in showing displeasure.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 01:48 PM   #46
Boog
laying low

I may have told this before but my grandmother loved her cars and respected others properties as well. She would park out away from the crowd of cars close to the door to protect her car from abusive types. On one occasion she witnessed a young couple empty their shopping cart then give it a big shove not knowing where it would stop but it did stop, when it hit someone else's car. At that moment Grandmother walked right up to them and lit into them with the whole book of respect of others and other's property and all. They were shocked anyone would unleash the sermon on them. They didn't know the car they hit wasn't hers. After the couple pulled away Grandmother proceeded on to her car that was parked farther out for just that very reason.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:19 PM   #47
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I may have told this before but my grandmother loved her cars and respected others properties as well. She would park out away from the crowd of cars close to the door to protect her car from abusive types. On one occasion she witnessed a young couple empty their shopping cart then give it a big shove not knowing where it would stop but it did stop, when it hit someone else's car. At that moment Grandmother walked right up to them and lit into them with the whole book of respect of others and other's property and all. They were shocked anyone would unleash the sermon on them. They didn't know the car they hit wasn't hers. After the couple pulled away Grandmother proceeded on to her car that was parked farther out for just that very reason.
I think your grandmother and this older fellow that I talked to who gave up his space were taught to respect others back in the day.

Now it's just about "your feelings'. And these people grow up with egos that say that they are the center of the universe and they believe it. So they feel entitled to do whatever they want. The guy that took up 4 spaces certainly gave me that impression. Just in the way he walked. He was so full of himself. And obviously had no regard for others.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-07-2022, 06:51 AM   #48
special-K
Special Order

The spankless brats of the '80s are now adults. So entitled and arrogant.

Tim