The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2022, 10:16 AM   #1
Nima
Blue 67

My 67 LS swap on a budget

Here is the story:
I have this truck for almost 19 years. It was my first older vehicle which I bought when I was in my mid 30s. I didn't know much about older cars/trucks (not that I am an expert now!). It is not all original, but it is CA car with absolutely no rust. While we were living in LA, whenever time and money would allow, I would work on it and throughout the years I made few improvements: cleaned up the interior, fixed up the brake and installed 4 wheels 8 lug disc brake, front suspension, a T5 conversion instead of 3on3, got the engine running okay enough for short drive around the neighborhood and etc. One thing that I always had issue with was tuning the carb and getting it drive smoothly. I was told the engine (a 350 which is not original to the truck) has some valve guide and cylinder head issues. Then work/life got in the way and later on we moved to WA about 7 years ago. I had a place in LA which I kept the truck after the move and I was fiddling with it whenever we visited CA. So, I lost the space few months ago and I had to either sell the truck or bring it up to WA. Obviously the truck is here now and although it is very hard for me to let go of the original CA black plate I though I just keep it here. Since I am/was heavily involved with my 1953 truck project (you can see in my sig I have acquired few projects throughout the years!) and now this one is here which has some drivability issue, I though I just drop in a 5.3 that I have sitting around for future projects, then maybe I can drive my 67 as it was intended: a daily driver!
This would be a budget built for me and hopefully a fast one. I have few leftover parts from my other LS swap which I plan to use but I need to think about the clutch system and I also need a set of headers. Here we go:
Attached Images

1979 Camaro Z28: 5.3 vortec conversion with build TH350: drivable project, Fun to drive
1992 Camaro RS convertible (Z28 clone): 5.3 conversion with build T5: on going project
2005 Silverado 2500, 4x4 Duramax, original owner
Nima is offline   Reply With Quote