The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #11
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Lookin' like good progress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Looks nice!
Thanks, guys!

Picked up the parts HRE painted for me. Everything looked great. Then later that day, took the coil covers to a top notch pinstriper to have the Chevrolet script highlighted with a darker gray metallic. Should look nice. He said he hoped to be finished with them by Monday. I was especially pleased with the grille bar. It presents much better in body color than the spray chrome.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've trial assembled the inner fender panels and core support. Currently working out the a/c, heater and trans cooler lines. As usual, didn't have all the fittings I needed in my "extras" box so had to place an order to cover what I was missing. If you look closely at the lower left corner of the fan shroud, you can see where I mounted the little enclosure with the relays, etc.

I did run into an issue with the core support. The cone shaped air filter mounted directly to the FITech intake was just a tad too long and hit the puller fans. So what I plan to do is come out of the throttle body with an EPDM 90 and some polished aluminum tubing to relocate the filter. The parts for that should be here tomorrow so I'll see what I need in the way of mounting hardware. Probably better to have the air intake away from the radiator heat anyway. A lot of guys swear by cold air boxes, but on a beater I'm not sure you'd know the difference.

I also got the passenger side seat and three point safety belt bolted in. Still need to install the kick panels but will wait to see if any smoke comes out when I hook the battery up. Kathy seemed happy she wouldn't have to sit on the floor.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote