The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
Lowridin67

Fawn interior

I have a '67 with the fawn interior. I have seen several others out there. Have any of you found a source for vinyl in the right color? I need to redo my door panels and sun visors.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #2
Lowridin67

Re: Fawn interior

Ok, so I sent a request to SMS for samples.
Next question is: I've seen the posts for paint matching on the 65-66 fawn interiors, is that color the same for 67? It's looks close, but maybe too brown. Hard to tell.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #3
'68OrangeSunshine

GM Fawn was sort of a silver/gold mix. I know the '67 and '68 hues were the same. IDK about earlier. I haven't satisfactorily found any modern spray enamel matches.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:00 PM   #4
cj847

When automotive is about to make a major change (ie all interiors 1 color vs any interior any color) I can't image them taking the time to mix up a new blend.
I would assume it is the same color as '66.

I had a 66 C10. Everyone was asking about a spray can match for fawn (although there are several shades of fawn). If you are looking for an off the shelf spray can, Krylon Champaign Nervous is very close. However, it is an interior paint. I did paint my steering column with it and it looked good, but I sold the truck so no info on longevity.

If you are looking for a match in "real" paint, check the 60-66 group. There are some close matches with current Nissan or Toyota colors that folks show on their build threads.
cj847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:01 PM   #5
'68OrangeSunshine

Model Year '67 Fremont blasted the whole interior of my '67 K/10 Suburban in Fawn.
MY '68 the same plant painted the interior of my '68 C/10 Stepside 516 Orange, same as the exterior, but with Fawn accents on door panels, steering column and wheel. Fawn vinyl dash pad, sun visors, vinyl bench seat and grey nylon seat belts, was the package color. This was a Standard truck, possibly a fleet sale.
I found an old can of Rainbow Industries 9186L, ''1368 Silver Fawn Irridescent Lacquer.'' But I'm afraid to use it. I think the sprayer will clog or the pressure will have gone flat. Fluid still sloshes inside. Vendor I bought it from, The Paddock, went belly up years ago.
On advice from ''experts'' on this site, I bought a can of Duplicolor BGM0482 Light Driftwood Sand Metallic. But I'm not sure the cap color looks much like the old paint on my steering wheel.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote