The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
19SIKtySix

Finish Wiring of a Stand Alone Harness

I've gotten good feedback from this forum as I'm working on my swap. My next dilemma is the wiring. I've read thru several different threads, trying to compare others issue with mine. I'm not trying to cut corners but I also have a budget and don't want to spend if I don't have to on an area.

The guy I bought my motor/trans from does pull-outs and modifies the harness before selling them.

I've had people tell me to just buy a plug and play harness and I would, if my harness wasn't already rewired as a stand alone.

The motor was fired up before I loaded in the truck and I was given a schematic to complete the wiring. The wiring was run to be able to mount the PCM and TAC module under the dash.

My problem is I've never done wiring but I'd really like to learn and try and tackle this myself.

Below is a picture of how the wires were bundled into (2) bundles (power supply and accessories)

Attachment 1820238

And below is a breakdown of the wires that I have in each bundle.

Name:  IMG_3009.jpg
Views: 4314
Size:  51.4 KB

I was trying to find examples of how to complete the harness and looked around the web and LT1swap.com and found a video on youtube with a diagram that really helped explain how to wire a fuse block and relays. My only issue is that some of the wires used in the diagram don't match what I have in my harness (see below).

Name:  IMG_3006.jpg
Views: 19525
Size:  75.9 KB

Can anybody help me with this?

Instagram: c_lo_garage

Check out my 1966 C10 project "El Viejito" here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=674614
19SIKtySix is offline   Reply With Quote