The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2021, 08:15 PM   #76
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Old members from the early days

Sure I remember her ... Longhorn man was kinda nutty about her lol!

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM   #77
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Another member I miss is Brad (#157). Such a really great fella. We had a board meet up here out at my In laws farm to work on his truck. Lotta fun. I had been down to his house a couple times in Oregon. I think I had my Caddy engine dropped at his place and I went down and grabbed it.

I looked at his profile and he logged in here in July this summer, but didnt post.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:00 PM   #78
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
The gals I know of (in no particular order)

Liz
ETsC10
RedneckGirl
GMCjunkie
fun in dirt
4x4s4allie
69chevyrain
JerseyGirl
Pickles
LaraWilde
Tink
LooseScrews
kcjones (not sure about kc)

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:32 PM   #79
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
I'm glad I was around and active back in this board's heyday. I met countless board members at local events. I bought and sold more stuff than I could ever remember. We all knew each other's real names and were true pals. I did epic build threads. I did "how-to" threads. We really helped each other out. It was good times.

I simply cannot understand why forum boards are declining and Facebook is taking over. I'm not hating on Facebook really, but it's not the proper venue for technical information exchange like forum boards are.

Memes and family photos and political bickering...social media.

How to fix something technical...forum boards so it can live forever and serve other people later down the road.

I just don't have the time or energy to try and help people on social media where there's no filter and any jerk can spew erroneous info with impunity. I don't really say much online or in real life anymore. Even my wife comments that I'm quiet a lot more nowadays. I've become a dinosaur.

Sorry for rambling.
Hey Kevin I miss all your in depth threads and the projects you were working on.
You were a wealth of knowledge for me.
Glad I can still follow your projects on Instagram.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #80
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I keep in touch with tree and jodie , both are doing well.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:27 AM   #81
special-K
Special Order

Thanks Doc for keeping a list . Tree, that was Jersey Girl, right? Longhorn Man nutty? Some of us just don't let that hook show so obviously . I miss Ellen and her artwork. Liz... Liz... hmmm... Nope, where did she hang out? Tink was a cool one. The last thing I recall of her was when we had that earthquake that was centered near her. Her house got shifted on the foundation and the chimney had to come down

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #82
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Tre - jersey girl
jodi junk

Ellen was a huge help as staff.

Yall havent mentioned Boss, or for that matter Robb tnblazerk5 and fine 69. Great friend and major asset to this site for years. Its funny how ones that created serious drama are remembered but those that helped slip away Not that all of them created drama, just saying.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #83
special-K
Special Order

Where's Pritch been? I'm not sure how far back he goes but he was a steady up until fairly recently.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 09-15-2021, 06:42 AM   #84
fine69

I show up now and then. ��

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:47 AM   #85
special-K
Special Order

Yep, good to see. When I go around the site to boards I don't partake in much I see names from way back I haven't seen in a long time. In the early years this site wasn't split up by years/body styles. It was mostly 67-72s back then anyway. But a lot of guys who started out with 67-72s went to other years and don't pop in on the 67-72 or General Disco

Tim

Old 09-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #86
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yep, good to see. When I go around the site to boards I don't partake in much I see names from way back I haven't seen in a long time. In the early years this site wasn't split up by years/body styles. It was mostly 67-72s back then anyway. But a lot of guys who started out with 67-72s went to other years and don't pop in on the 67-72 or General Disco
could you imagine it like that? Its been split up since I joined. But it was 47-55
55-59 60-66 67-72 73-87 there was a blazer and burb board at some point back then too... then the parts board and gen d. All trucks, parts etc were in one forum. It would be a giant cluster of ttt now lol
Old 09-16-2021, 07:03 PM   #87
special-K
Special Order

I remember people posting to say what a PIA it was to have to sift through the posts to find the for sale listings, and I thought it was no big deal. Can't imagine that now. There are a lot of members who only partake in the parts boards alone.

Tim

Old 11-11-2021, 11:43 PM   #88
joe231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
I'm glad I was around and active back in this board's heyday. I met countless board members at local events. I bought and sold more stuff than I could ever remember. We all knew each other's real names and were true pals. I did epic build threads. I did "how-to" threads. We really helped each other out. It was good times.

I simply cannot understand why forum boards are declining and Facebook is taking over. I'm not hating on Facebook really, but it's not the proper venue for technical information exchange like forum boards are.

Memes and family photos and political bickering...social media.

How to fix something technical...forum boards so it can live forever and serve other people later down the road.

I just don't have the time or energy to try and help people on social media where there's no filter and any jerk can spew erroneous info with impunity. I don't really say much online or in real life anymore. Even my wife comments that I'm quiet a lot more nowadays. I've become a dinosaur.

Sorry for rambling.
Kevin!!!
What’s your Instagram? The link in your signature doesn’t work for me
Old 11-12-2021, 06:33 AM   #89
special-K
Special Order

Where's our buddy 76 C20 or something like that. The feller in Montana out on the range who posted in GD regularly. He tells of his logging days. Anyone know who I mean? I wish I had his user name right. It hit me he hadn't been posting a ways back

Tim

Old 11-12-2021, 07:29 AM   #90
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Where's our buddy 76 C20 or something like that. The feller in Montana out on the range who posted in GD regularly. He tells of his logging days. Anyone know who I mean? I wish I had his user name right. It hit me he hadn't been posting a ways back
I know who you're talking about. I'm trying to recall his name too.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #91
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
1976gmc20

I checked a few weeks ago and he hadnt been on since the summer. I’ve been wondering about him myself, he had some pretty cool stories.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:34 AM   #92
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
1976gmc20

I checked a few weeks ago and he hadnt been on since the summer. I’ve been wondering about him myself, he had some pretty cool stories.
Hope the neighbor situation for him isn't the reason he is absent.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:25 AM   #93
dave6672

Quote:
1976gmc20

I've was wondering about him as well. Was posting quite a bit, then stopped.

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:56 AM   #94
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
1976gmc20

That's him, I hope he's ok.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:52 PM   #95
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I read where he said he was going to take a break.
I’m pretty that was the last time he posted here. One could go back and look at what he said.
I did enjoy reading his posts. I think he’s a solid fella.
I don’t get on here as much as I used to.. I still like this place but, I do spend less time on the interwebz as a whole these days.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #96
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

When I dropped off for a while, it was mostly burn-out. At one point I was on for hours at a time, often just sitting at my desk, because all I had was a desktop PC. The TV would be on for background and I split my focus between them.
Back then, the boards moved pretty quickly. It was somewhat the social media of the core members. Nothing against the casual or even the rare user, but there was a group who associated with each other and generally drifted around to be the helpers or give advice.
I was well known for this at that time, but being that active can take its toll, that and a major computer crash just put me off for a while.
Most of what I did back then was in the Photoshop area, yes new guys there was a specific place for it then. I would be "on" as a moderator and cruising around through nearly everywhere so members could report things or ask for edits to their posts and messing with Photoshopping pics at the same time.
Time after time of answering the same questions, especially when there was push-back from the ones asking the question, gets old. (ignition timing was a big one) Then I would have issues with Photoshop requesters asking for again and again over color changes or "can you do this too?" with no appreciation for the time and effort already involved.
When the computer ate nearly everything, it was just a sign, perfect storm, excuse. I was in no hurry to get back, so my overly habitual action just kind of lost it and moved on to something else. Throw in a few health issues here and there and time just goes by.
I did give Facebook about 5 minutes of my life, that I will never get back. It did get me some contact with people I have lost track of since high school, but turned into the toxic mess that it can only ever be...
I have almost posted this story before, but resisted it to not sound/seem negative. I am not. I truly enjoyed the time but circumstances/life took priority. I'm back in a more minimal role, still with the TV on in the background, but on a laptop and no real photo editing app.
As a confirmed introvert, it works. There is interaction without actually sharing that much. I have never posted a pic of myself, there are a few around from the board-meets where I am somewhere in the background, but it has never been about me. Very little that is personal has ever been said, but I don't feel like that is required to be helpful.
Some people are way more bold, good on them, just not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #97
special-K
Special Order

I had a computer crash around the end of '09 (I think) and just threw my hands up with computers a while. I wasn't really burned out with this place, which is most of my computer use, but I did realize I was spending too much time. Stepping away from computers was nice and I did it for about 6 months. This was about the same time Longhorn Man stopped posting. When I went offline I was a staff member. When I got back on I wasn't and I just let it be. I was hoping to be on a little less. Taking a step back and returning showed me how far this place had come, a very well informed GM Truck community.

Tim

Old 11-13-2021, 04:31 PM   #98
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Me too. I left as a team leader (staff) and came back not. But I fully understand, it was quite some time for me. Liz offered to bring me back in, but I haven't heard from her about it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #99
LT7A

Speaking of current members who haven't posted lately, where's SteeVeeDee? I haven't seen him post in a while.

Last edited by LT7A; 11-18-2021 at 08:00 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #100
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Speaking of current members who haven't posted lately, where SteeVeeDee? I haven't seen him post in a while.
You read my mind. I hope that he's okay.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote