The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
Slowguy

spc adjustable control arms

I ran across this and think it may work really well for correcting camber issues on a bagged truck? Just checking to see if anyone has any experience with these in that application. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...0aAmkiEALw_wcB

Also wondering if these would push the top out enough to correct for the extreme negative camber on bagged trucks attempting to use stock upper front control arms.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:49 AM   #2
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: spc adjustable control arms

The link you provided says for race only.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sps-92354

Quote:
Notes: These parts are intended for race use only. Not for street use. Adjustable from 8.250 in. to 10.000 in.
Just giving feedback, they may would work but with the disclaimer I wouldn't run them.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:54 PM   #3
SCOTI

Re: spc adjustable control arms

Extreme Negative camber from using bags?

At ride height, bags are no different vs. a 'drop coil' spring. Alignment is set w/the vehicle @ ride height so the only time you'll see extreme negative camber might be when you've air'd down below the alignment heights.

Those arms could help dialing in alignment w/o the need for excessive shims. What is the center-line dimension for the upper mounting shaft stud holes? I know SPC made arms for 'car' set-ups but I recall truck set-ups have a wider dimension (I'd have to measure to know for sure).

As for being 'Race only', a solid part is a solid part. The disclaimer means you need to do 'due-diligence' on the part as you intend to use it because you'll be responsible for any harm that results if used on a government roadway.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
Slowguy

the fact of not having to use as many spacers on the cross shaft bolts is the exact reason I thought it would be nice to use this. That, and you could potentially also dial in the caster but using more or less thread from the front rod vs the rear rod.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #5
SCOTI

GM called for zero to POS .5 Camber on C10's. Simply going to NEG .5 Camber eliminates a good portion of the shims alone. Other ways to increase the caster as well (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ght=caster+mod).

That being said, the SPC arms would allow for more adjustment. You'd need to determine the upper shaft mounting dimensions to see if they offer a set-up that works w/the truck spec spacing.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote