The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #701
SCOTI

Re: Johns 66

That looks nice! Stock era white for the color?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #702
88Stanger

so Awesome!!
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #703
Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
That looks nice! Stock era white for the color?
Yes sir....its the 521 White just in base/clear
We had to cross reference and Im thinking it was a we#
The truck was originally white so I wanted to keep it that way....I went with a GM charcoal gray for the interior.....it looks darker than it really is. Once I get the doors built and am able to take pictures in direct light the metallic will really show off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
so Awesome!!
Thanks so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
The cab looks great! You'll be driving it before you know it!
Well my friend I think you have more faith in my abilities than I do, but Im sure gonna try to have her rolling by March!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
That's awesome John! Looks great! I know you are stoked to get it on the frame!
Ill try to get it picked up this week. Im gonna take the chassis to the body shop so they can help me put it on the frame which will help out alot, less likely to damage anything that way.
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #704
Johns 66

So this will be my rant post.
I am trying, with a few exceptions for safety and drivability, to keep my truck as stock looking as possible and with the advise of a few people and mainly for looks I decided to go with an OE system with an upgraded compressor and condensor. I knew it would cost me extra butI like the look.

So I ordered a complete system from 4-5-6 Trucks, Anthony Smith. He had helped me on my bolts so I digured this would be ok....Boy was I wrong.
He has had my money for many months now and I do not have one part from him. Ive been given every "reason" under the sun as to why I dont have my parts.

SO before you do any business with him beware you could simply be donating money.

Jon Krogh is gonna round me up a system for my truck....just hate going through all the drama with Anthony.....so you have been warned.

On the bright side, my truck should be finished painting either this week or next and assembly can start....and thats a real good thing
2019 GMC AT4
Old 12-02-2020, 05:43 PM   #705
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
So this will be my rant post.
I am trying, with a few exceptions for safety and drivability, to keep my truck as stock looking as possible and with the advise of a few people and mainly for looks I decided to go with an OE system with an upgraded compressor and condensor. I knew it would cost me extra butI like the look.

So I ordered a complete system from 4-5-6 Trucks, Anthony Smith. He had helped me on my bolts so I digured this would be ok....Boy was I wrong.
He has had my money for many months now and I do not have one part from him. Ive been given every "reason" under the sun as to why I dont have my parts.

SO before you do any business with him beware you could simply be donating money.

Jon Krogh is gonna round me up a system for my truck....just hate going through all the drama with Anthony.....so you have been warned.

On the bright side, my truck should be finished painting either this week or next and assembly can start....and thats a real good thing
That's sad to read. I know he used to be a member on here & was booted but I don't know under what circumstances. I've actually been in contact w/him via IG & have him in the back of my head as a possible resource. This def makes me rethink that possibility.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 12-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #706
Johns 66

Quote:
That's sad to read. I know he used to be a member on here & was booted but I don't know under what circumstances. I've actually been in contact w/him via IG & have him in the back of my head as a possible resource. This def makes me rethink that possibility.
All you have to do is try to call him, his inbox is full, so once he gets your money the only way to reach him is messenger in FB or IG...thatll tell you all you need to know.
Also google the business and the AG has a 60k fine and 8k restitution lvied against him and has a cease and desist order againt the business.
He is taking peoples money now to pay those things but is not shipping any parts. Only way I would deal with him is in person.
2019 GMC AT4
Old 12-02-2020, 11:51 PM   #707
Riverstory

Hey John. Sorry to hear your plight with that moron. As we discussed months ago over the phone, I knew he's a dishonest person when I dealt with him.

As for your continued build, congrats on the progress. I ran into a guy at the Dino's Get Down in Phoenix a couple weeks ago that had the complete system minus compressor, brackets, and condenser for sale at a reasonable price. I have his number - let me know and I can PM you his info.

Take care,
Mark
Riverstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #708
SCOTI

Quote:
All you have to do is try to call him, his inbox is full, so once he gets your money the only way to reach him is messenger in FB or IG...thatll tell you all you need to know.
Also google the business and the AG has a 60k fine and 8k restitution lvied against him and has a cease and desist order againt the business.
He is taking peoples money now to pay those things but is not shipping any parts. Only way I would deal with him is in person.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 12-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #709
Mack B

Quote:
John I’m sorry to hear of the bad experiences you have had in our hobby. I got bit by a few over the years and wondered why car culture seems to attract dirtbags...as I got older and expanded my hobbies and interests I found out that anything that involves money brings the dirtbags.
This is the same guy that ripped this guy right?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...2&postcount=79

From
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...rew+cab&page=4

On a better note, truck is looking awesome! can’t wait to see it go together.
Mack B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #710
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack B View Post
John I’m sorry to hear of the bad experiences you have had in our hobby. I got bit by a few over the years and wondered why car culture seems to attract dirtbags...as I got older and expanded my hobbies and interests I found out that anything that involves money brings the dirtbags.

From

Correct. Same guy.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 12-03-2020, 01:47 PM   #711
roll_the_dice

I never understood why people are dishonest. I was raised to be a man of my word and if I said I was going to do something, do it. Ironically, if Tony was honest and delivered what he promised, he would be making tons of money on hard to find parts...maybe he is selling the dream of the part, not the part itself...the dream is $$, the actual part is $$$$. Either way, I hate to see this happen to anyone, but especially someone like John who would help someone if they needed help without question. Hang in there John...your truck will be awesome.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #712
SCOTI

Quote:
I never understood why people are dishonest. I was raised to be a man of my word and if I said I was going to do something, do it. Ironically, if Tony was honest and delivered what he promised, he would be making tons of money on hard to find parts...maybe he is selling the dream of the part, not the part itself...the dream is $$, the actual part is $$$$. Either way, I hate to see this happen to anyone, but especially someone like John who would help someone if they needed help without question. Hang in there John...your truck will be awesome.
Well said & could not agree more.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 12-03-2020, 10:31 PM   #713
Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverstory View Post
Hey John. Sorry to hear your plight with that moron. As we discussed months ago over the phone, I knew he's a dishonest person when I dealt with him.

As for your continued build, congrats on the progress. I ran into a guy at the Dino's Get Down in Phoenix a couple weeks ago that had the complete system minus compressor, brackets, and condenser for sale at a reasonable price. I have his number - let me know and I can PM you his info.

Take care,
Mark
That would be awesome Mark.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack B View Post

From

Quote:
Quote:
Well said & could not agree more.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
Im not sure what is up with Tony,......BUT
I refuse to let him ruin my project and joy.
I love these old trucks...no matter how they are done...show, not show, dropped, raised, LS or stock

I do this for my enjoyment, even when isnt joyful at times. There is so much negativity in our country and I REFUSE to join in that crap, even when stuff happens.....

When Im done Ill have a pretty cool truck, all the work except paint will be done by me, minus exhausr and stuff like that.

My truck had a gun rack in it when I bought it....so the holes were welded and I did the body work, ya know sand and sand....well when it was painted I noticed one small place that I didnt get exactly perfect....and its no big deal....my truck will have flaws, just like me, and I will still love my truck even with flaws....Just like my Father in Heaven loves me...FLAWED.

The greatesr thing about my truck is I have met some wonderful folks on here...and cant wait to meet more once ole girl is rollong down the highway.

Progress is coming...I promise!!!!

I
2019 GMC AT4
Old 12-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #714
Johns 66

Reunited and it feels so good....yes my attempt at humor....lol
Picked up the cab today, body shop helped me get it sat back on the frame.....so excited
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Old 12-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #715
roll_the_dice

That's so awesome! So happy for you...I know you are excited and won't be long before you are driving!
Old 12-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #716
SCOTI

Awesome. Looks good sitting on that clean frame & fresh rollers!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 12-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #717
The Rocknrod

Looks great. Glad you got it back.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #718
cwcarpenter98

Lookin' good John!

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #719
Johns 66

Thanks Guys....got her put back in the shop tonight. Ill pick up the rest of the truck over the next few days.
Kinda seems like a daunting task at the moment.....
I will say she is WHITE....those led lights brighten it up.
We are gonna get the shop cleaned up tomorrow, gonna go buy some wheel jacks tomorrow so we can move it around a lil easier.
The process begins!!!!
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Old 12-19-2020, 10:31 PM   #720
Johns 66

Started putting a few things on today....Received my AC system so decided to put the pulleys on and see how everything lined up....and all looked pretty good. Going to have to get some different bolts and spacers for the compressor to bolt up correctly to the block.

Also got the under dash ashtray put in.....

Of course I took it all back apaprt so I can get the pulleys, brackets and ashtray painted....think its gonna work pretty good.
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Old 12-20-2020, 10:36 PM   #721
roll_the_dice

oooooh I like the ashtray...You can keep change in it...
Old 12-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #722
Johns 66

Quote:
oooooh I like the ashtray...You can keep change in it...
Im not sure if thats the "Correct" location. Seen them in a couple of different places but thought that would be the easiest place to reach. I figured that I can put the 4 way the same distance away on the other side of the steering column
2019 GMC AT4
Old 12-20-2020, 11:25 PM   #723
roll_the_dice

I've seen them under the radio and farther left closer to the column...If they were dealer installed, I am sure there were different locations.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:55 PM   #724
J Williams

Holy smokes John! Just found your build thread, what a beautiful truck! Well done man keep up the work. Makes me want to get my butt back in the shop!
Old 12-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #725
J Williams

Holy smokes John! Just found your build thread, what a beautiful truck! Well done man keep up the work. Makes me want to get my butt back in the shop!