The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Would you consider this rust free
YES 2 2.60%
NO 75 97.40%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2021, 06:58 AM   #76
Thealien

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

I believe I covered this somewhere in this thread. There were no sill plates at all. Two minutes after being unloaded from the car carrier I open the doors. Upon opening the doors I can see serious rust on the passenger side where the sill plate would have gone. There is no way this was unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
Not picking sides, but did you have to remove carpet of a rubber mat to see the rot?
Again not taking sides.
I ask, as I had sold a car that showed no rust or rot. Anywhere, on the lift the bottom looked clean, with original dealer installed undercoating.
Everything looked rust free, underside, body, the whole thing.
It was not till the new owner took up the carpet could you see the rust/rot in the floor.
I never knew it was there, I only had it for 2 years so it had to be that way when I got it.
I did offer to buy it back, as I felt that was the right thing to do. I got it back and fixed the floors, with new floor stampings.
I never would have stated no rust if I knew about the floor rust/rot. but you could not tell unless you removed the carpet and jute.
I did the right thing, bought it back, Now the guy that had bought it, is bent because I now want 2k more to cover the new floors, paint work and carpet.
Sometimes you just can't win.
I Think even if the seller did not know about it, AND the photo's being shown are of THAT vehicle, not from another, the seller should buy it back for what he sold it for.

It is too easy on the net to um, stretch the truth. And why you always have someone look over a vehicle before you buy.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #77
Thealien

More hidden rot!

Here he put a cap on the bed rails, right over hidden rust. Add quarters to the list!

Old 05-26-2021, 06:41 PM   #78
Tom
driving is in my blood

A little hidden rust, maybe its a mistake and he missed it. This much, is just plain wrong.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:46 PM   #79
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
A little hidden rust, maybe its a mistake and he missed it. This much, is just plain wrong.
When it cam off the enclosed car carrier the first thing I did was open the doors. There was no sill plates and you could see rot through the length of the rockers. The only way he didn't know how bad it was is if he was blind!!

My integrity is worth more than that, I could NOT do that to anyone. Last vehicle I sold long distance I insisted on a pre purchase inspection. The buyer said it was better than described.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:43 PM   #80
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

You're right. your integrity is worth more.

I for one will be the first one to trash talk something I'm selling. I don't want anything coming back.Sometimes I think that I'm too negative about what I sell. But I haven't scared anyone off yet by being honest. I just put it all out there and if they want it, they want it. And if they don't. Then they don't. I don't care either way. I don't want to waste anyone's time or my time with a bunch of B.S.

I guess that I just got lucky on my last two internet car purchases. And I was plenty nervous because they were both expensive cars. But I had the Carfax and they were both fine.(Whew).

Except for paying the insurance on them. My insurance company loves me for buying them.

I'm sorry for your troubles.People should conduct business in a professional manner. But it doesn't always work that way. There's plenty of crooks out there hiding behind a smiling face.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:42 PM   #81
K5Fan

I've been watching this thread for a while, and I would be just as PO'd, if not more, to say the least. I'm not familiar with what Admin can do about it, if anything, but that is definitely NOT "Rust Free"! You have called yourself an "Idiot" enough times, so I think you should stop saying it. That's just me, but I also read earlier responses from one member who suggested something to the effect that you should buy a Honda Civic, since you aren't any good at buying old Chevy Trucks. He also mentioned that the justification for his response was because your were the one who posted "This Crap".

I'm pretty sure that's not what you needed to hear, nor should it be the purpose for this forum to kick a man when he is down. Sounded to me like the member who posted that response was probably the one who sold you the truck.

By the way, what's the status? I hope you get, or got it figured out.

Chris.
K5Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:40 AM   #82
Thealien

I have been burnt before and know better than to buy something I have not seen or have not sent someone else to inspect. So I shoulder 1/2 the blame.
BTW I have done it again and bought another Blazer from a forum member sight unseen (I'll never learn but I have much better expectations this time).

It spent 6 months at a local body shop and all he did was strip the quarters and let it sit for 6 months. After pulling it out I brought it to a mechanic/fabricator I have known for over ten years. We powder coated the frame. All QA1 coil over suspension and sway bars. Big Wilwood brakes and a brand new crate LS#/4L70. That is here SOME PICTURES OF PROGRESS

It is now at the body shop where windshield frame rot, quarter rot have been discovered and the door skin I bought can't be used as there is not enough door left! I have NOS quarters on the way and am going to look at a passenger door to hopefully solve that issue?

With all that being said I never once named the bad seller. A few members found out who he was (not hard) and have PMed me with their experience. It is what it is. I am too far into this to stop now.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
I've been watching this thread for a while, and I would be just as PO'd, if not more, to say the least. I'm not familiar with what Admin can do about it, if anything, but that is definitely NOT "Rust Free"! You have called yourself an "Idiot" enough times, so I think you should stop saying it. That's just me, but I also read earlier responses from one member who suggested something to the effect that you should buy a Honda Civic, since you aren't any good at buying old Chevy Trucks. He also mentioned that the justification for his response was because your were the one who posted "This Crap".

I'm pretty sure that's not what you needed to hear, nor should it be the purpose for this forum to kick a man when he is down. Sounded to me like the member who posted that response was probably the one who sold you the truck.

By the way, what's the status? I hope you get, or got it figured out.

Chris.
Old 05-28-2021, 12:39 PM   #83
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
I've been watching this thread for a while, and I would be just as PO'd, if not more, to say the least. I'm not familiar with what Admin can do about it, if anything, but that is definitely NOT "Rust Free"! .
Nothing? I can ban the user but I can not control what folks buy and sell. Especially if no one contacts me directly about it.

I had a few minutes, so I went through the past 3 years PM. I cant find any about this. I searched for reported posts. I can't find any about this. I did find aa few deleted threads about the issue. I did find a few not shipped posts on the sellers profile from bad sales (again no pm or reported post). The thing that caught my eye was this post , in general discussion, not in member reviews.

With that said, I could had overlooked a contact about it, but I don't believe so.

I am truly sorry that you had a bad deal with jensjimmy or whatever the name is. I did ban their account, but they have not been here since the transaction. Karma will get them, God don't like ugly. I am sorry you had this happen. I hope it doesnt ever again but yall.. just post it, review etc.. tell folks so they dont get fd next.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote