The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
ya it is a classic

i luv my fiddy.5

hey guys my names chad. my daily driver is a 55 chevy 3200 with the origional 235 and the 4speed with first granny. the motor was rebuilt (probably just rings) about 1500 miles ago about 10 years ago. been sitting for 8 years and santa brought it last year so three weeks before school started i decided i wanted to drive it so i got it going and legal. 9:30 the night before school i got it done. so when the motor was rebuilt i think just the rings were replaced? im not for sure though but the kids in highschool must have broke a ring(s) in number 4 so im burning about a quart a day with the 30 mile round trip to school. ya im using used oil now haha. anyways i got a few questions about upgrading my ride first whats the red line on the 235? its seen 5 grand more than once! i need some sound in the beater so what have you done for deck and speakers? and i still got the gas tank behind so theres not alot of room for anything. and i got a 1972 rebuilt 350 that i want to put in it so what mounts has everyone got? ebay? thanks
-chad
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
kaycee

Re: i luv my fiddy.5

Cool on working as you go, do search here and you will find a ton of info. on the stuff you need and how to these guys are great to help answer some ???
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
ya it is a classic

Re: i luv my fiddy.5

thanks kaycee. so i finally broke down and just took all the rest of the exhaust pipe off. only had bout 2 feet on there be4. anyways ive heard that its bad for the valves cause theres no back pressure? could someone explain this? and how much HP do you think i lost? at low rpm it feels more sluggish but at bout 4.5 grand it seems the same if not better. havent had anyone yell at me yet so it must not be that loud haha. althou my friend moved it 2day and it sounded pretty nice even with the dead cylinder
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote