The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 AM   #1
blazerboy_4life
70Custom10

Shaved Firewalls&relocated hardware. I need pics and Lots of understanding.... & pics

Ok I just Scored a new cab for the truck for $50 with a title. Ill be picking it up tomorrow! Now, since I have the luxury of doing the body work with the cab off and Im not pressed for time to get my current ride put back together im going to put it on a rotisserie and do it right. The body work im sure I will have to learn as I go but my biggest question is about shaving the firewall. I want to get rid of everything that isnt the engine. So heres my issues. The actual shaving of the firewall should be easy or at least fairly straight forward. BUT...

1)Where do I put the heater core and blower cause it gets freakin cold here! Supposed to be a low of -13 tomorrow (dont currently have A/C but wouldnt mind it later)? Pics Please!

2)Where do I put the Master Cyllinder (currently not power assisted but Id like it to be)? Pics Please

3) Where do I put the Wiper Motor (cant get rid of that cause this will be a daily driver not a show truck)? Pics Please

The most common Ive seen is the shaved heater core and blower and just 4 hoses. These all look strangely similar so is that just a kit like vintage air? The hardest part I think will be the Master Cyllinder cause where the heck does the booster go?! Your advise will be greatly appreciated but Im primarily a Visual Learner and pictures speak 1000 words. Thats why the insistent nagging for pics. It can be pics of the firewalls or of the relocated hardware but I need something to learn off of either way.
As always Thanks in Advance Everyone!
blazerboy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote