The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #1
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Holley Sniper Dual Plenum Intake

I'm looking at this intake and it isn't real clear on what else you need to make it work. Has anyone installed one of these yet?

I am starting out with an DBW Lq4 and you clearly can't use the stock throttle body and I am not sure where the MAF sensor comes in. I can't find dbw throttle bodies that seem to fit this and so I became discouraged with this option and went back to looking at the Holley Long Tunnel Intake. I ran into the same roadblocks with it and the throttle body.

On another note...I am running my stock injectors still and would like to upgrade them. Suggestions on what to go with. I believe my 05 motor uses the mini plugs on the injectors so it looks like an adapter wire will be be needed.

Thanks,
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
Custom 68

Re: Holley Sniper Dual Plenum Intake

I looked up the dual plenum intake and its pretty sexy for sure. I don't know much about it other than what I read.
You can easily enough get rid of the MAF if you can find the throttle bodys to work with it.
As far as injectors probably the biggest bang for your buck are the "marine" injectors. They are a factory GM injector that would mate up with your cam well. I did that originally when I was a cam swap only. If you decide to go forced induction in the future you would need bigger so that would require aftermarket. I guess it depends on your end goals but I don't see a current need for you to swap injectors (other than maybe to the ones I mentioned, I don't think you will gain anything with your current setup.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #3
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Thanks Dave. I spoke with Holley this morning and it sounds like the only way to really dial this intake in is to run the Holley ECU and wiring harness. By the time you purchase all the necessary items I could do a turbo system or possibly a SC.

My tuner told me I needed bigger injectors when we did the dyno run. What I have works but if I do an upgrade I might as well go big to cover future HP gains. I really want the SC but not sure I want to spend that kind of $$
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
Custom 68

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/
pricey but this would be an awesome way to go. I know they show up used on occasion.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote