The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #351
Steve Cole

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Calm down Captain, I only asked because on 2-12-21 you stated you were 21 days out from shipping current orders , and since you have had no further orders, I was hoping you were caught up and maybe has some extras. Just put me on the list for your next run. Thanks
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #352
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I wasn't getting excited, just simply trying to clear up a common misconception on this forum on how I operate. What makes you think that I haven't received any more orders? I receive orders 24/7 and I currently have 15 of my '67-'72 standard booster brackets on order. That is in addition to the other 25 products that I fabricate for the '60-'72 GM trucks that I also have orders for. If you want one of the '67-'72 standard booster brackets you will have to place your order. I will send you a PM with that info.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #353
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I have one of these '67-'72 standard booster brackets in satin black powder coat in stock and ready to ship.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:58 PM   #354
BAGGERSOCAL

Any more available for the 68
BAGGERSOCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:41 PM   #355
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

All 26 of my products are available everyday. This is how I attempt to make a living. Would you like the powder coated one I mentioned above or would you like one in bare steel? One in bare steel will currently be a 12-14 days wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGERSOCAL View Post
Any more available for the 68
Old 10-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #356
MeanGreen72C10

I can vouch for how good this product is as well. I'm using this bracket and the hydroboost plate.. pay the $9 for the powder coat unless you're painting it body color.

Captian do you have a webpage with all of your products listed?
MeanGreen72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:39 PM   #357
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

MeanGreen72C10 Thank you for the kind words. Sorry no I still do not have a website. I am still working 80hrs/7 days a week every week every month. Maybe in 2-3 months. I do have a list of all of my for sale threads here in the forum. If you send me an email to captainfab454@hotmail.com, I will be happy to send you that list.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:18 PM   #358
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Here is a link to my new website and online store where you can see and purchase all of the products that I fabricate for the '60-'72 GM trucks.

https://customfab-cda.com
Old 04-15-2022, 12:08 AM   #359
Oldironracing

I have one of your bracket and having problems with the pedal going almost to the floor before I have brakes. Do I need to do something with the pedal ratio like drill a new hole if so where? Love the bracket looks great.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2022, 09:23 PM   #360
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I replied to the PM you sent me about this same issue. Did you secure the valve inside the proportioning valve when you bled the brakes? Most people drill a new hole on the brake pedal 1" down from the original hole for a better brake feel. I'm not sure on the '67-"72's if that hole may already be there. I am more knowledgeable with the '60-'66's.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:48 AM   #361
SCOTI

Glad I checked back in so see the latest. I viewed the website & will definitely keep it saved to share w/others that come to me for tech/parts advice on their classic GM trucks.

Well done sir....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:25 AM   #362
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Thanks for the compliment. I can use all the help I can get. Right now sales are virtually nonexistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Glad I checked back in so see the latest. I viewed the website & will definitely keep it saved to share w/others that come to me for tech/parts advice on their classic GM trucks.

Well done sir....
Old 09-25-2022, 10:14 AM   #363
TheKorndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Thanks for the compliment. I can use all the help I can get. Right now sales are virtually nonexistent.
Looks like you have some good product. If I’d have known of your page I’d have got the rear disc brake conversion for my 72 K5.
What I’d love to find is someone who could repro the passenger side bucket seat brackets…why they don’t is beyond me. For what dudes want for them used, seems like there would be a market for them.
Posted via Mobile Device
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:40 PM   #364
joesscamaro

Wanted to give a shout-out to Captainfab and his power steering adapter. I haven't installed it yet, but seeing all the reviews, I know that won't be an issue. I received the package and noticed that all parts and hardware are vacuum sealed and protected from the elements. Easy ordering from his website also. Thanks for the product!
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:27 AM   #365
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I've been selling all of my products here on the forum for over 13 years now in the classified section. I've only had the website online since March of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorndog View Post
Looks like you have some good product. If I’d have known of your page I’d have got the rear disc brake conversion for my 72 K5.
What I’d love to find is someone who could repro the passenger side bucket seat brackets…why they don’t is beyond me. For what dudes want for them used, seems like there would be a market for them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2022, 12:30 AM   #366
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it. I do the best I can at fabricating products that I would put on my own truck. I was hoping the website would make it easier firvpeople to see all of mynoroducts and place their order, but there are still many that seem to have a problem figuring it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesscamaro View Post
Wanted to give a shout-out to Captainfab and his power steering adapter. I haven't installed it yet, but seeing all the reviews, I know that won't be an issue. I received the package and noticed that all parts and hardware are vacuum sealed and protected from the elements. Easy ordering from his website also. Thanks for the product!
Old 07-16-2023, 08:30 PM   #367
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

It has been brought to my attention that two of my designed brake booster brackets, That I have been selling here in this forum since 2009, have been copied by Right Stuff Detailing and are being marketed as their own design. I used to sell my booster brackets to them at a wholesale cost, but they have not purchased any from me for over 4 years. Now they have stolen my design and are marketing them on Summit Racing.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...oster-adapters

I in no way gave them permission to copy my design of brake booster brackets. This is just a dirty trick on their part. I still fabricate and sell all 34 of my products on our website. Here is a link.

https://customfab-cda.com

I am just a one man business working 80+hrs/7 days a week every week every month to try and make a living so I can pay my bills and buy food for me and my wife. I just wanted to post this on here to let everyone know that what they see on Summit's website are not my products. They are counterfeits. If any of you who support me in this and wish to let Right Stuff or Summit know your feelings, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
John
Old 03-11-2024, 05:13 PM   #368
Street Smart

Hey @Captainfab , I need to replace a bad power booster in my 67 Suburban. I was looking at a 9"dual diaphragm from 1987 Gbody (and your bracket)
The booster looks like the one in you 1966 pictured in you web ad. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=1884&jsn=640

Do you think it will work?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...=74049&cat=500
Street Smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:14 PM   #369
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Sorry but I can not say for certain since I do not know what the mounting stud pattern dimensions are. I do not have that particular booster on the list of compatible boosters that comes with every booster bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Smart View Post
Hey @Captainfab , I need to replace a bad power booster in my 67 Suburban. I was looking at a 9"dual diaphragm from 1987 Gbody (and your bracket)
The booster looks like the one in you 1966 pictured in you web ad. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=1884&jsn=640

Do you think it will work?
Old 03-11-2024, 09:03 PM   #370
Street Smart

It`s cheap enough, I`ll order one and check the spacing. I`ll be getting back to you,
THANKS!!!

Old 03-23-2024, 10:40 AM   #371
Street Smart

I received that booster through Rock auto. It was an option for GM "G" bodies 1982-87. 9" dual diaphram. Measurements match your adapter. PM sent to order an adapter !!!