The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
MD2020

No title or VIN plate ?

I won a bid on the Truck hoard from Nebraska, 1938 Chevy truck.
The man had over 1800 Vehicle's .

Anyone know of this person on Facebook Jack Valles???????????
He PM me and said he could get me a title with the engine number. He was recommended on Facbook from others so I think he is leglet. What are your thoughts or Info you may have??

The state of Mississippi is giving me the run around on the process of new title and VIN number

His PM
"I live in maine we do not require a title for anything older than 1995. So I can register any vehicle here older than that with basic info. On the back of a Maine registration I can transfer ownership to you. So I will register your car here sign the transfer of ownership ship to you and send you that registration with a new bill of sale saying you bought the car from me in maine. You can then take the registration after you sign it and bill of sale and apply for a current title in your home state they have to honor it because your car is legally registered with a current registration. I have done this in at least 15 states and 4 countries with no issues other than some states require a notarized bill of sale which I can also provide. I charge 300 dollars which covers all registration and insurance fees plus shipping with tracking. I use PayPal for payment and everything is completely trackable from payment to shipping."
MD2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:23 AM   #2
Hcb3200

Re: No title or VIN plate ?

You may not get a title in MS.
First. MS has a way to get a new vin on that vehicle after its road worthy and driving. Have the DMV/state patrol issue a new vin to the truck.
they do it for customs etc.

As to the title it depends on how MS handles it.
Example

I bought a truck with a title in TN.
Brought to GA they would not issue title because for anything older than some date. So I got my registration no issue and moved on.

Moved to South Carolina. (who still titles older cars)
On the transfer handed them the TN title and GA registration and they issued me a SC title and registration.

Once its in the system its in the system now that everything is computerized.
As you can see the age of the truck solves its title issues. If you sell it with a good notarized bill of sale. With copies of proof of registration then you should have no issue selling it to anyone that is taking it to a state that does still title older vehicles.

They other guy may be legit but why go thru the hassle if MS is not going to issue you a title anyway.
And unless you got some super detailed legal contract with the other guy he owns your car until it comes back. Again he still may be legit and done it as a service. But other offering the same thing may not.

My thoughts.

PS -- Careful how you ask this question and route you take. Other forums have super strict rules on how titles and vins are discussed. AKA they keep it in the legal bounds.
Hcb3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:25 PM   #3
MD2020

Ok

Mississippi will Title and make a VIN plate.
I sent all the paper work in and they want 1 more document (maybe) taking the truck to my local Miss. dept. of public safety with the document to finish it.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:13 PM   #4
mr48chev

Problem solved the right way.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 07:26 PM   #5
my56chevytruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2020 View Post
Ok

Mississippi will Title and make a VIN plate.
I sent all the paper work in and they want 1 more document (maybe) taking the truck to my local Miss. dept. of public safety with the document to finish it.
I bought a 56 from a guy in Georgia, NO title. I ended up going to the indiana State Police to run a background check on it, once that cleared the state of indiana petitioned him to send me the registration so I could get my title thru the state of Indiana
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:40 PM   #6
mr48chev

I haven't found that door post with the 50 tag on it yet. It wouldn't mean much except for show and tell but I'll dig some more. I had it out of the shed because someone was looking for one and that person never got back to me.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:40 PM   #7
MD2020