The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2021, 12:07 AM   #1
cab4word67

Mono Leaf springs

Are any of you using these springs? my question is will they give you any kind of spring wrap if you accelerate hard. Trying to get my GMC down very low and just dont know what all I need to do.
Found 5" drop ones at Brothers trucks?
cab4word67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
Big Kev-O

Re: Mono Leaf springs

What do you consider very low? 5" is not going to get you very low. Why not start with a flip kit which would retain the factory ride? Your options are limited to drop leafs, flip kit and shackles. You can use shackles with the drop leafs or flip kit but I don't think you can use a flip kit & drop leafs. Drop leaf & flip combined would be too low without a notch and not a good idea for static drop. Are you going to c-notch the frame? Hard to go very low without a notch.

Here is a good write up on a lowered leaf spring truck that utilizes a flip kit:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=577529
Old 05-07-2021, 06:16 PM   #3
cab4word67

Re: Mono Leaf springs

Thanks for the reply and the link. Yes that is not low enough. I was thinking about the mono because it gives you 5" to start with, then do a flip kit mod. I know i will need at least a C notch but maybe more. My bushings are gone and my springs ride like a truck, "hum go figure" another problem I am facing is I have 2-1/4" wide springs but the pockets seam to be 2-3/4" maybe they are for 2-1/2" springs. These are the things I am having trouble finding out.
cab4word67 is offline   Reply With Quote