The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Thumbs down 67/72junkie

It is with reluctance that I make this post, but I've given Don all kinds of time and opportunity to make contact. Here's the background - I purchased a console from him on 5/17, and then made arrangements with him to restore it. Details are in this thread.

In the beginning we conversed often about things like cupholder or seatbealt style, proper color, chrome or stainless, etc. and then it tailed off.

On 5/27, I received this PM from Don (emphasis mine):

Quote:
I will have your console ready in the next couple days.I had 2 seat belt styles disassembled.They were nice but not perfect like the parts for the cup holder one.I have taken 6 more down in the last couple days to get just the right parts for 2 parchment consoles.one for you and me.I have blue and white highlander buckets and I need one also.The new bezels ,ash trays and bumpers came in yesterday.I tested the super white on a console of each style today and it is just right to me.It takes 3 coats to get it solid but it sure looks nice.You paid for the best parts and I just want to make sure that is what you get not the first one I can put together.
On 6/7 I asked him via the Console thread how things were progressing. He responded through PM that evening:

Quote:
will have you some pics thursday afternoon.been waiting on sem color and just got it in.
That one puzzled me a bit because he said he had tested the white on 5/27. Anyway, no pics were posted on Thursday, 6/9 or since, and that was his last contact with me. He made another post in that thread on 6/13 with no mention about my console.

On 6/22 I sent him a PM which said
Quote:
Any updates? I'm not in any particular hurry, I just want to be kept in the loop.
On 6/25 I bumped the thread, figuring he was subscribed to it, as a reminder.

On 6/27 I sent the following to his email / paypal address:

Quote:
I haven't heard from you in a while. Is everything OK?
On 6/27, I bumped the thread again and asked for help.

That about brings it up to date. I appreciate any help I can get at this point.

Thanks
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote